Thread: Nice place to live?

Nice place to live?

Do you guys tend to live in one place? I've kinda got attached to Borealis but now I'm Omni I'm thinking maybe I should find a new home.
    What's a nice city to live in, or are most of you nomads?

For some reason, Newland is where I do all of my implants, hanging out, etc. Even when I play clan characters. It's been that way since the beginning.

Need a buff? Some good omni will always hook me up.

Need implants? I'll go all over the world to buy clusters, but I always, always return to newland to put them in. It's odd, but it's the only place I really feel comfortable.

Of course, back in the day when the game was new, it was where I went to look for teams. Sometimes I wish they'd take yahlms out of the game entirely, cuz I'd have a blast heading up to the oasis on foot with a team, hoping we don't get killed by a scorpion. And when the scorps came, it was madness and someone was gonna die.

Why'd things have to change so much?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Yup, I like Newland a lot, the lake makes it nice and it's only one hop from Borealis . We went over to Rome today to check it out and it was sooo dark and gloomy. Give me the grassy hills od Newland any day

aaah...you see, that would be the Neutral in you trying to tell you something

Madrugar

Originally posted by Flood1
    aaah...you see, that would be the Neutral in you trying to tell you something
    So true, so true. I love clan and omni, have clan and omni chars, buyt refuse to play neutral because it screws up the tab, I don't roll play and I *really* like my 1k board and the +60 agg/def, 910hp and nano, 210 comp lit/np/run speed and the damage bonus. Oh, and the xp bonus too. all thsoe things are pretty important
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I moved to Backyard 4 in Tir Nov last year, but now too many people have moved there so me and rest of my guild moved away to another backyard in another town
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    I moved to Backyard 4 in Tir Nov last year, but now too many people have moved there so me and rest of my guild moved away to another backyard in another town
    Actually BY4 in Tir is empty again...but as the Grid and Whompas are now as far away from it as possible, it wouldn't make any sense to go back there...sad move by Funcom :/
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

I like Bor too (lots of friends there), but my guild is based in WA. Looks like on test, people have moved to Bor from Trade too...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Two places I feel at home, depending on which char I am playing at the time..My neutral Fixer has always and will always be right at home one place in the world.. Borealis..

My omni alts, feel most at home either in Rome, or in Omni-Entertainent (No, not right by the mission terminals and grid where everyone seems to do their best to make you go LD by heaping together, but verywhere else in the town the quiet, the dark atmosphere soothing the soul, the music, the familiar voices of omni-tek reform..lovely Omni Cities are just beautiful..masterpieces)
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

For my Omni characters. . .Trade.

For my clanners. . .Borealis, oddly enough.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Tir...home sweet home
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

At first, I would always go back to my apartment in BY1 in omni-entertainment to log off and to sell things. But now, its just Omni-Entertainment proper. I feel safe there, I save there, I shop there whenever possible, I like to log off on the roof of the food stand in that little park next to the main whompas. The ships in NW always fly right over that place, close enough to hear.

West Athen, baby!

Relaxed atmosphere, well laid out, basic, advanced, superior general stores close by save/bank/grid. You just can't beat it.

Although I must admit I have a soft spot for Borealis. My first character spent some lovely weeks there and I'll always have fond memories about that place.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

I've always felt an allegiance to the BB in entertainment.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

I used to live in The Shacks. You know, those mountains out in Holes in the Wall.

Kinda funny, I had a mish out there as a youngin and it got all glitched so the key was working for quite a long time after it was complete.

I loved living in The Shacks. It was near Bore and SWB. It was right by a BB with terminals.... but most importantly.... it's right by Cathedral Approach.

^_~ Any "old skooler" remembers Cathedral bridge being a hot spot to gank and pvp. I was a ganker on my old Soldier. Had a really crappy (by today's standards) alpha gun. I'd just go into sneak (yup, even on a Sold) and when the noobs came to hunt Chirops in the 25% zone, it was pwned.

I once killed 3 noobs..... ah.... that was nice. I was a having a gimp complex at that point, ganking boosted my confidence.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

west athen BY3 is the place to live superior, advanced & general stores, nearby grid entrance, the cup to go chill out now & then, theres always some people buy the insurance & bank terminals, & of course it's a short trip to TK & Old Athen (another much used old haunt, even better with grid access.
    i love the architecture in west athen too, it all looks very chilled out, & the little bits of greenery with the cobbles & stone arches..... it's where i started, & where i will finish (i would like to ding 200 on the beach in athenshire, my favourite hunting spot ever. either that or tir temple. OMG it's a gargantula, run!)
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.