Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Move the Nophex.... :(

heh... somehow I kinda expected North to be in this thread whining about how soldiers shouldn't get this cause nt's have it so bad. why do you hate us so much north? Must you go out of your way to try to screw over soldiers?
    Quite the opposite, I think you have gained some very nice stuff recently. I don't have any reason to make soldiers life more difficult on Rubi-Ka. I have actually participated in a quite few threads that have been about improving soldiers.

Anyways North, we'd like as soldiers to try to get funcom to maby move this one non uber item somewhere where we could have a chance at getting it. And you've come here to say it shouldn't happen because other items arn't easy to get. Why not just give us a bump and then perhaps start a thread requesting some item you want to be easier to obtain... and then maby you might get a few soldiers to give it a bump for you?
    Perhaps, because we have been asking similar things for the past year along with fixers and got nowhere.

I don't say that the gun is super uber, but it is a decent one. I don't say that the loot from Ljotur is super uber, but it is fairly hard to obtain...if you see where I am getting at.

NS MKII is not greatest thing that FC has implemented to the game, but is pretty hard to obtain (albeit Polymorp Lunatic is occasionally dropping it now, but fairly rarely). Corruption of The Pest is average nano and loses actually on DoT against old NT nanos. Res Blast is a better improvement, I would say that comperable to some of new soldier weapon improvements, but not to all of them. You got quite a lot neat stuff in the past few patches. They require team work to get for sure. Perhaps Nophex should for example drop from the trainee afterall Notum Soldier is pretty hard and drops even nicer stuff. However, I would think you guys should have to spend time getting it. It should not be a walk in a park to obtain, as none of the new useful items are for other professions either.

My other point here is that FC has never followed the same power curve on items that mobs drop to their actually killing difficulty. It is kinda sad, but true. However, who ever posted about the agent rifle has also a point.

Here is also a pistol that most pistol users would like to get their hands on (there really aren't that many choices in the game). And quess how hard it is to obtain...I am not complaining. At least it is known where it drops, now just have figure out a good way dealing with the situation.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=168675&t=ag
    Last edited by North; Dec 22nd, 2002 at 05:20:50.

stop comparing the Nophex to UbEr Items!!!

Ok, look.......... this is simply a thread to try and get some love for soldiers under 175.

With that said, How the hell do you compare the Nophex to GA IV or NS Mk II???

And why is it so hard to agree with the fact that soldiers needs some more love?
    I finally got over 175 and got my bloody hellspinner on.

And it isnt even that uber.

The FA cycle is too low and stuff but hey, its the best weap for me atm.

The nophex isnt even uber. But placing it on a bloody badass mob pisses me off.
    Sure, use a div 9 from lvl 3-175. Or go with a chs at 130.
    Nophex isnt uber but its a lil better than a lot of guns out there atm so why not let the smaller soldiers have sum fun?

We still would remain gimps so dont whine.

And dont even compare a nophex and a GA or whatever, you know how stupid it is so cut the crap.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Originally posted by North

While you at it Funcom, why don't you make Resonance Blast drop randomly from leets, lets say 10% chance. Why does it have to be on Special Agent Lamb?

Sorry could not resist /sarcasm off

None of the professions have their "uber" stuff dropping from easier mobs...I don't see why Nophex should be any different for sodiers than Nullity Sphere MKII or GA MKIV are for NTs and Fixers, respectively.
    Well that the point North. The "uber" stuff should be on hard mobs - but the Nophex isn't uber! It's a crap gun. First: its slow. Second: its a 67/33 gun. Third: It has a stupid min damage of 1. Fourth: Its a crit gun - so except of pvm it wouldn't be worth to wear. No Soldier would ever use that gun at lvl175+ except for fun.

But hey that game is ballanced. You only see the Soldier in mass pvp doing a alpha and killing a half dead enemie in 2sec. You don't forget that a enforcer on full agg! is most time stronger as a soldier on full def in a 1v1 fight. But how should u know that if you never play a soldier? Wouldn't it be better to ask your orgmates or friends, who play soldiers, how good a soldier is before beginning to flame when a someone asks about fixing a class? But its ok - I could say bah NTs are killers they have Izgimmers Last Word they kill ppls with 1 finger tip - they are uber! Damn nerf them *cry* *cry* *cry*. Hope you would agree to me that such a comment is stupid with the Izgimmers and I hope you will touch your own nose now and maybe think that your comment was also stupid.

The Nophex is just a little better Nova - not more not less. Only a improved Nova. If you think about the Manex which is rollable and has a 6k+ burst on it and a very high normal damage too, then you must agree that a gun like a Nophex which isn't realy worth to equip when you are lvl175+ and when u can use a boosted hellspinner, shouldn't be droped from a mob like NS. But I still agree Nophex is more powerfull as Manex - but I would say a Manex is the fixers Nophex and the Manex is rollable.

We just want fairplay from Funcom not more. When Nophex is to uber to make it rollable then remove the Manex from the missions too. Just fairplay. A Nophex on NS is like a Manex on Ian Warr.

Oh and btw. Nullity 2? lol you didn't realize that Nullity 2 drops from polymorphed yet or? And polymorphed is a easy kill for a good team of high lvl players. So how hard is it now to get Nullity 2? I would say Nullity 2 isn't harder to get as Kaehler Sleeves atm. Oh ups did I say something wrong now?

But hey lol go and camp polymorphed now and get u nullity 2 - if you still find a noob who would pay you 150mill for it then lol. I would max pay 40 mill for a nullity 2 atm. Its just stupid that nullity 1 is now harder to get as nullity 2 hehe. But well thats Anarchy Online.
    Last edited by Whitesand; Jan 8th, 2003 at 01:54:10.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

yea poor angel has killed NS like 7 times just to try to get the ever so slightly boosted nova also known as a nophex. have some pity...

make it drop off notum trainie or some other place holder i say. works pretty good in the case of boosted. not impossible to get but takes effort.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

bump for Nophex in evry soldiers inventory, I want my soldier friend to become uber so he can protect me from the terrible secret of space.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Any idea with profession requirement will not present that great difficulty in getting people together help you. Granted its a headache but getting the item should take some effort.

Getting people together help you get something without profession tag can prove be near impossible.

imho: nophex really really really should drop off different mob with a higher drop rate; comparing it to things like Nullity and Grid Armor isn't fair (comparing it to a QB is more fair in my opinion)
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

I think Trainee might be a good option for the Nophex, but if soldier are getting their stuff easier to get, so should other professions as well.

I would suggest playing an NT and see how hard it is to get a decent stuff for yourself.

John, if you compare Nophex to EQ, I can as easily compare it to Corruption of the Pest and Candycane.

lol, the old "you can't have this unless I get what I want as well!".

Petty and small North, petty and small. I pity you.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Damn, that was a good thing to compare with, a QB.

How hard is it to get that??? lol bring 3 ppl and you have it wo any trouble.

And stop being so bloody selfish, as John said.

"If you get that, I have to get that"
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

While you at it Funcom, why don't you make Resonance Blast drop randomly from leets, lets say 10% chance. Why does it have to be on Special Agent Lamb?

Sorry could not resist /sarcasm off

None of the professions have their "uber" stuff dropping from easier mobs...I don't see why Nophex should be any different for sodiers than Nullity Sphere MKII or GA MKIV are for NTs and Fixers, respectively.

Eeermm... Its more easy to have the first upgrade for Hellspinner than the nophex (but Hellspinner is a better gun than nophex)
    People think Nophex is uber... thats not true.
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

LOL just thought about something...

Isnt the nophex about as hard to get as the DMM that is used for the EQB?

But hey... roll back a couple of lines...
    How hard is it to get a QB?
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

nophex isnt that good at all. look at cold lasers, manex, x-3, and kick pistols. All are as good or better. Nophex is jus a updated version of the nova to compete jus barely with the other weaponry out there. It isnt something that will turn the soldier proffesion upside down in uberness. So make it less then impossible to get
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

John, if you compare Nophex to EQ, I can as easily compare it to Corruption of the Pest and Candycane.
    He didn't compare it to the EQ, he compared it to the QB

That might be fair (I really don't now because I've never spent much time looking at those). But even if I take that as a given, in my experience the mobs dropping those are far easier than Notum Soldier (additionally, I believe those mobs drop items that are beneficial for more than one profession).

*edit* and yes i wasn't comparing it to the EQB, i was comparing to the QB (which is still a stretch i think); the nophex isn't really that great of a weapon as most soldier would say its just a slightly better but slower nova flow

oh well back to dreaming about the battle suits in the test server database
    Last edited by Johnathgalt; Jan 11th, 2003 at 00:55:44.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Bump

Just wanted to bring this threat to the top

Actually, if you use dual Cold Lasers or a Cold Laser and a Light Suppressor, your damage output goes DOWN when you use the Nophex. I have tried both, and in the end I chose the Nophex because I wanted to be able to do RRFE and TMS X. Soooo...if we're going to suggest nerfing anything, nerf cold lasers (actually, I take that back). Damage output goes down by as much as 30% when you go from the RCL/LS combo to the Nophex. It's not terribly tough for big guilds to get, but it is time consuming. For the little guilds, though...it'd be way too tough to obtain the Nophex.

Bump for making it drop off an easier mob.
    Cunobolen, level 208 Soldier
    Conaught, level 151 Fixer

Yeah.

Originally posted by Cunobolen
    For the little guilds, though...it'd be way too tough to obtain the Nophex.

You mean god damn impossible if your not in the top 5% of uber guilds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast