Thread: RP on Rimor (RK2)?

RP on Rimor (RK2)?

I've seen a lot of posts here regarding RPing on RK1, but I've rarely seen anything to that like on RK2. Is there just a general lack of RP on Rimor, or have I just not been looking hard enough?

Talking

Rimor? RK2? What is that?

./me eyes flicker with recognition all of a sudden and thinks...it good place for 2Ds to head to.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((I don't play on RK 2 but I hear there are role players there. I would think that the smaller population means that there is also going to be less role players to begin with. Additionally, since I assume that most players go there because there are fewer players, it would seem that a good number of them prefer to keep to themselves - not role players.))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I don't know how things are at present on Rubi-Ka 2, but with Project Revenant, the roleplayers of RK2 have shown a level of organisation and dedication seldom seen on RK1. And let's not forget RK2 is the home of Conquistador Coffee, one of the most imaginative and delightful orgs around on any dimension. I don't that the url at hand, but a visit to their site is well worth the effort. So all in all, I would not be so quick to dismiss the server.

On another note, I do have to say I cringe a bit when I read the term "2D". Do we really need a pejorative term for non-rolepayers? Doesn't that just add fuel to the preconception that roleplayers are just stuck-up, elitist and judgemental? A lot of non-roleplayers are great guys who just don't share our crazy hobby. What is the harm in that?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy
    Doesn't that just add fuel to the preconception that roleplayers are just stuck-up, elitist and judgemental?
    Being stuck-up, elitist and judgemental is best left to us Omnis. We've had training.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    Being stuck-up, elitist and judgemental is best left to us Omnis. We've had training.
    She has a point!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Nevver
    I dont like the girl but she has a point
    -Making new friends since April 29475

-My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought...careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

No harm in them....except many find out your a RPer then go kill the nearest friendly guard cause they know it will piss you off.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Unhappy

As I have found out recently, RK 2 is alive and well with RP, and in fact I will go out on a limb and say the role players of all factions have a much better respect for each other as players than the RP'ers on RK 1. On Rk 1 all I see groups that seem to be unable to agree with others what RP should be. When I play on RK 2 I see groups, do thier very best to let everyone and anyone RP with them

Sure there are still jerks who like to make things difficult for them, that will happen anywhere, but they seem to have been much stronger as players to handle it.

I also have to respect the the majority of the RP'ers from Rk 2 don't waste time with posting thier dirty laundry and public ego trips, which I have (not saying always or trying to point fingers) seen happen a lot on RK 1

I believe both servers have great role players on them But I think Rk 2 is much more supportive of the community as a whole.

Anyway...Just my opinion from playing there for the last few months
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Ahh, Jesska.. you have no idea how relieving it is to hear that.. X_x

I recently rejoined AO from a long vacation.. and they changed the names of the serves in the meanwhile. I unfortunately believed Rimor was RK1, and jumped back in eagerly awaiting to meet my old guildmates and such.. it was an excellent guild, with excellent RP.. "The Honored Maidens", they were.. but anyway..
    I only recently discovered Rimor is RK2.. and was more than heartily disappointed.. because I'd already leveled up a considerable extent and obtained a lot I didn't want to so readily give up.. so I've accepted it and have fallen back on looking extra hard to uncover the RP community..
    This gives me extra hope, to say the least. ^_^ It's quite pleasing to hear.. and I do hope I can find other RPers on Rimor very soon. It isn't quite the same without it. In case anyone feels the same.. just let me know. =) I'll be more than willing to share my time with you.. and liven up the Rubi-Ka experience. ^_~
    Just send a message to "Shinmi". Take care, everyone. I do hope to hear from you.

((Lhost, Lialyn from AOVault is an active member of The Honored Maidens. You can send her a private message from her Vault profile if you are interested in getting in touch with your old guild.))
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Lhost, I am assuming that you play omni as I know the maidens were a omni guild. I unfortunatly don't have first hand experience with all the Omni guilds that RP on Rimor, as I am busting it as a neut this time around

However a couple of ORG names I have seen who RP on Omni side, or at least have members who do are Division 3 and Project Eden. As well there are those coffee dudes

I wish you luck on Rimor, as I really do think it is worth it, but I can understand wanting to play with teh maidens, as all my dealings with them have been possitive, and they are one of the better orgs on that server.

Good luck in what you decide to do
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again