Thread: missions in HQ

Question missions in HQ

Why dont people mission in OmniHQ? I have heard that the missions are longer and dont give as much xp in the reward.

HQ is one of the other few places where high lvl missions are easily accessible. Missioning in different places would give several benefits:
    * Decrease the amount of lag in BS. Sometimes I take well over a minute to grid into CoH.
    * Change the monotony of the 4874587458745 BS missions people do solely for xp.
    * 25% zone will make things more interesting...

If the mission rewards are indeed inferior they should be tweaked for the aforementioned reasons.

-e

Hear hear.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

The 1M xp reward from solving a mission makes shorter mission better than long missions.

Most people don't want to stay in same team for 4 hours (Yes, I have spent 4 hours and 11 dings inside a single HQ missions)

HQ is so small that you can fly from entrance to any mission while still in grace time.

But I agree, we need to find other places to do missions than BS. I am tired of the layouts there. One other good solution is southern part of Milky Way. MW is one of the better zones around (good design, lots of interesting places) and just 30-40 secs flying from 20k to the southern OPs there. I often go there for solo item hunts.

More people should see more of the wonderful world designs around Rubi Ka.

-Af.

There is one question that haunts me.

Why BS?

Why that particular spot?

I suspect it is because of the grid and scan-terminals there. That and BBS missions used be short ones. But are they really that small?

oh, and the 100% gas might give people a sense of safety.
    Now, make city of home 25%.... and it all changes

What IS it about BS that makes us go there over and over and over? I mean, almost everyone complains about beeing 'forced' to go there. Why do we go there? Out of habit? Or is it actually better? If so, what makes it better?

Originally posted by Skybert
    There is one question that haunts me.

Why BS?

Why that particular spot?

I suspect it is because of the grid and scan-terminals there. That and BBS missions used be short ones. But are they really that small?

oh, and the 100% gas might give people a sense of safety.
    Now, make city of home 25%.... and it all changes

What IS it about BS that makes us go there over and over and over? I mean, almost everyone complains about beeing 'forced' to go there. Why do we go there? Out of habit? Or is it actually better? If so, what makes it better?
    a) because home missions are easy to pull
    b) because BS is 100% building missions with no caves
    c) because of grid access
    d) because the newer players never experienced anything BUT missions in BS.

I remember PM missions were popular even among high levels for awhile then that faded, now only lvl 70-100ish go there. Then people formed teams in BS by old save spot, then everyone moved to nlc to form teams, what next? How about some new outdoor hunting camps

I once played through an HQ mission

every 5 kills = 1% complete

The purpose of this is to change the monotony of the 4645453637 BS missions ppl do. True, we can go hunting elsewhere, but it just isnt as profitable (xp wise) as BS is. Another increase in outdoor mob xp or more options that are equally as good as BS would spread the server load and make playing much more enjoyable. Omni HQ, in my opinion, is a good way to start.

Why did FC spend so much energy in making GORGEOUS outdoor playfields, when most people go NLC/Tir-Grid-BS repeat? NW was an improvement though.

Yes, BS missions are that short. I had one in 20k that lasted 6 hours, once.

I'd rather go on the short missions.

My doc has been sitting around 117 for quite a while now simply because I prefer to do Hope missions instead of Home missions, but finding a group willing to slug it out through a 200+ mob mission is nearly impossible. BTW, missions in Hope are easy to pull.. ironically from Home.

This is just my preferance tho... when I'm doing a mission for xp I like the high density, high mob count red cave missions which Hope gives and I'll gladly sit there for 4 hours if I'm going to ding as many times.

I keep hearing about this million xp bonus at the end of a mission, but I've never seen it. Is it a level related thing or a non-neut related thing or something with the mission settings I don't know about...?
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

Originally posted by Daerkannon
    I keep hearing about this million xp bonus at the end of a mission, but I've never seen it. Is it a level related thing or a non-neut related thing or something with the mission settings I don't know about...?
    It's dependent on missions settings. You need to set max XP.
    Do lllmmr settings and missions 1-3 gives most XP reward.)

It's also very lvl dependent.

My 162 trader gets just short of 1M xp.
    My 132 gets 200-250k.
    A 140 gets about 400k.

If a higher lvl person than you pull the mission, your reward will be capped at 5% of what you need for a total lvl. That's one reason the highest lvl player in team should fetch missions. A lvl 186 pulling 50% mission will give more xp than a lvl 150 pulling a 193-194. (XP from mobs doesn't scale with difficulty, much bigger xp reward)

So below lvl 130 or so, don't concider mission-reward, it's just 2-3 mobs, which you would kill in the time you use between two short missions.

Another point is that BS missions give 3.5-5M xp, or 5 missions per lvl at 160. Most people like to save with 5M xp. At a HUGE PM/HQ missions, I might loose 10-15M on Boss.

-Af.

Originally posted by Edvieira
    The purpose of this is to change the monotony of the 4645453637 BS missions ppl do. Tr.
    warning :Post contains some repetition

Missions will ALWAYS be boring, trying to ****e them up wont work as its a fundamentally boring and monotonous task. The best way to deal with missions, if you have to do them, is to :

1) have familiar maps - ppl dont get lost or split up
    2) have small missions - its all about the reward anyway (at high levels at least)
    3) have easy access, grid and no hostile mobs
    4) chose a location where the lags tolerable.
    5) have scans close by
    6) be able to roll missions there easily

BS wins hands down on these, its not even laggy now that people dont lfg there and most missions are 50-75 mobs with the odd 100 mob mission. Its 100% and you can get there at level 60ish with the low Comp Lit reqs. You dont need a yalm; and clan, OT and Neuts can scan there.

Clanners will never Mission in HQ. Blitzing missions there is as close as we'll get. Also anywhere that that requires a yalm and a sense of direction is also out, as its just a waste of XP time.

If you want levelling to be a more fun experience than just missions, then go hunt shades, borgs, Medusas etc....

Missions will just remain the most efficient way to gain xp, and little more.

Ever since the guards were powered up, and the recent increase in lag, I havn't been able to get out from under the building you appear under before the guards kill me . I used to blitz items there when I needed to, no longer tho .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Others have already nailed it about the BS missions.

At level 171 I can pull 1.something million exp mission rewards. I require about 27 million exp to level to level 172.

In the average BS mission I gain between 3 and 4 million exp from the mobs, and then another million+ from the reward bumps the total mission yield into the 5 million range. Usually a good team can blast through a BS mission in about 20-25 minutes, 30-35 if there are more than a handful of Aces/RMs.

So, 27 million divided by 5 million is 5.4. It takes 5.4 missions for me to level. Assuming 25 minutes per mission, it will take me about 2.5 hours of actual mission time to level.

Bump that up to 3 to 3.5 hours factoring in lag, people going afk, pulling missions after the first two, and needing to refill team slots on occasion.

If the missions were places we actually had to travel to, it would probably take 5 or more hours per level, from the additional travel time and rounding up people who get lost and go LD and such, and from the fact that there just isn't much good hunting.

Now... RL, I have a job, and I do like to sleep, eat, and do things besides AO. So I have about four to five hours of play time per night; six on occasion. If my goal is to level, the BS mission option is far superior, because I'll gain about 1.75 levels per night at it. From Monday through Friday I'll gain 9 levels. Fighting outside I'll gain at most one level per night, so in the same time, I'll only gain 5 levels, and possibly fewer.

So that's why alot of people mission in Home.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Can you imagine a mission similar to a PM mission in length except where every room looks the same?

omg.....my eyes......MY EYES!!!!!!....they're BLEEEEEDING!

I refuse to doctor a team for that long...ever ;p
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person