Thread: The Mission Boss

Angry The Mission Boss

Just a quick rant...

Why doesn't anyone want to kill the mission boss when you get to 150+? Every time lately, we get to the boss and someone says 'blitz', then theres a mumble from around and we end up blitzing. I'm like, wtf?! Why don't we kill him! He's easy! But oh no, they're too uber to want boss loot now, and they're in some super rush to get to 200 so don't want to waste time killing it for xp. Jeez. Just play the game already, I like killing the boss. I don't feel the mission is over until the boss hits the floor.

Spookdoc

cause if they take more then 1-2 mins its a waste of time for 4-5 kin of tarasque discs
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Almost all the time my groups do the boss. Unless its a uber enforcer boss with loads and loads of hp and even then sometimes we do it.

Dunno why. I am sure the 132 i run though helps out because there are alot less misses and i drain ACs so we hit quite a bit harder.

Killed bosses in all 8 missions today. Most died in roughly 1 - 2 minutes. The last one we did i actually had to refresh my drains on though.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I agree with spook on this one. The mission is not over until the boss is down.

Originally posted by Wal
    cause if they take more then 1-2 mins its a waste of time for 4-5 kin of tarasque discs
    A waste of time? Wow, you must have such a busy schedule, wanting to get everything done as quick as you can. What do you have to do in those few minutes that you couldn't spare? I wish I had such a hectic life as you...

Originally posted by Majikall

A waste of time? Wow, you must have such a busy schedule, wanting to get everything done as quick as you can. What do you have to do in those few minutes that you couldn't spare? I wish I had such a hectic life as you...
    Bump for spending an extra 5 minutes for 10 Kin of Tarasque and Greater Lick Wounds discs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Actually at around lvl 3 you realizeor sooner that mission bosses in no way effect the side bonus, game play, environment, war time ethic, or nything else, infact you find the same bosses required to kill in missions, find in missions, its a repetitive futility without point.

So, why kill a boss that can take up to 20 minutes to kill when the mission finish will give up 1.5 million?

YOu waste 20 min you couldbe using towards another 1.5 reward, for a measely 200k the boss will give.

If you want to fight uber mobs for 200k goto Ace camp.

Leave the boss to his closet, we got better things to do

JUST SAY NO TO KIN OF TARA HORDING or make bossloot useable we all know its 99% vendorfood.

I agree, by the time you reach 150+ you've gotten all the cool stuff from boss loot you could possibly want. Bosses are a waste of time if they are not killable in 1-2min or so. Using the time to kill a boss that's harder you risk dying, and you could just as easily spend that time heading to the next mission. Bosses dont give the xp bonus, they give a loot bonus. And the loot after sooooo many levels of boss loot, is just boring and lame after awhile.
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

I were gonna post something.. Then I got hooked to IRC, now it's gone 5 minutes and i can hardly remember the thread. well.

*looks down in his gluebag & walks away in shame*

I agree with Majikall. But then...I don't really give a rip about the race to 200 and boredom. XP is nearly meaninless for me. The hurry hurry..must level at the expense of everything else mentality just isn't me. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Dec 18th, 2002 at 19:33:49.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    I agree with Majikall. But then...I don't really give a rip about the race to 200 and boredom. XP is nearly meaninless for me. The hurry hurry..must level at the expensive of everything else mentality just isn't me. *shrugs*
    The same for me, I just don't get it. People can't spare 5-10 minutes to kill a boss, they're all in this uber rush for 200. For me its not just loot or xp, its about the satisfaction of seeing the boss drop. After a mission of same old mobs, killing one after the other, the boss fight adds a bit of life to things, gives a bit of risk. But nope, can't get people to do it anymore, and thats just plain sad.

I guess I've been lucky. I've never once been a team where anyone suggested that we not do the boss because it is a waste of time. There were a few times at lower levels where the boss was just to hard and people were dieing and we said ah screw it, lets just blitz it. At 140+ nobody dies in missions any more so time, not risk of death is the only factor. The boss usually drops in 2 or 3 minutes (and those wussy purple crats in 15 seconds).

I'd say 2 minutes of our time is worth 15 QL200ish items for us to split and 200k xp. Hope the teams I get continue to agree and since I often team with the same people I'll betcha they will.

And yes, I agree with the people who say it is a matter of principal. The mission isn't over till the big glowing leader of the Omniscum hits the floor.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

People are talking about satisfaction for killing the boss?
    After your 500th team mission it really wears thin. :-)

The loot/xp just ain't worth it after 150+. :-(
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

I have never been on a team that said "let's not do the boss to save time". But then, I almost always team with guildies and friends. I don't join pick-up teams...almost never. If I can't mission with my friends then there is ZERO point for me to mission.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

..ya

Kupo is right on this one....

Why does nobody pull ql 200+ missions? because you'll just have Real means and aces that take forever to kill.

do the math.

My level is 182, it takes me 40m to ding.

now figure I roughly make 3.5m per mission, thats like 12 missions.

Higher levels can blaze thru a BS mission like none other, you reach the boss before you ever rebuff. sometimes 15-20 minutes. Like kupo said why waste 10-20 min on 200k, and loot everyone already has? In that time you can go to to next mission and be back at next boss and blitz which equals another 3.5m.

Its also why you soon figure out that you dont do high 190's missions, the RM's and Aces just take much longer then Vets, for not that much XP.

Do low 190's and upper 180's, XP/time is the highest. If I am trying to level I want the most XP in the shortest amount of time I can get. I have been in teams that have done 3 BS missions in 60 minutes, netting me 10m. Although 90 minutes is abt the norm.

Look at this....

182-183 41m
    183-184 43m
    184-185 44m

3 levels - 128m or 40 broken shores missions.
    now bosses at 20min each is 13hrs. 10minutes each is still 6.5 hrs

Now you are going to spend at least 13hrs just doing 40 missions, you want to add another 7-13hrs just for 3 levels???? prolly not, you want to get to 190 to break your level cap.

Your XP comes from mission reward. thats why he who get highest pulls. even if your getting 40k a mob, 50 mobs equals 2m, your mission reward is 1.5 mil. Ya just gotta do the 50 to get the reward.

And i'll tell ya, its a long boring, mindless road of TAB TAB Q Q.
    Last edited by FooDaddy3; Dec 20th, 2002 at 07:44:40.

YUP!

I usually end up killing the boss, but I agree it's a waste of time. It's odd though that nobody bothers with the dyncamps. There's a good one (hell, a bunch of good ones) in CAV, with (what were they called?) blood-stoppers or life-stoppers or some such snake. nearly red to my 167(er I think)MA.

Now when folks say that the dynacamps are less efficient, I really wonder if they've ever really tried them.

Minion snakes: 6 of them, each goes down in 5-10 seconds, each gives 50-60k per kill, spawn is 1 minute. Easy to pull, rarely get adds, but even with adds, it's not too tough to fight 2-3 at a time

Boss: This is interesting. The boss always drops 800,000 to 900,000 xp and spawns every ten minutes or so. Only some bosses are way tougher than others. Usually they go down within 3-4 minutes, rarely more than 5 (this is solo mind you, so the xp is more and the boss kill time is longer). Lvl 210-217 boss, but it almost seems like each concurrent boss is tougher than the last until you get this nasty mother with insane hp regen....but he's still extremely killable, or you can lead him away from the camp, zone and he won't come back for about 15-30 minutes.

If you're in a team, there's an even tougher camp close by there with two bosses (one of them gives over 1 million xp, the other only like 600,000. This is while teamed btw), or there's some nice mantis camps in pw, or borgs. Every time I go there (with one exception) there's nobody in sight, complete emptiness and I walk away with tons of bossloot, outdoor boss nanos and lately it seems the hp and nano regen clusters have been dropping off the snakes more.

Sometimes for the fun of it, I take down a green or yellow boss I come across (less then a minute for the boss, scare away the adds) and get 2-400,000 xp.

My advice is to ditch the missions. You spend half an hour shouting lfg, 20 minutes (sometimes) to get the missions and get to bs, someone always goes ld, you're in the mission (god I hate those green and red BS walls) for like 20-45 minutes on average, you get the 1.3mil(ish) reward and maybe the boss for like 200,000xp. Then someone ALWAYS leaves after the first mission then you either go with five which takes longer, or pick up a sixth which takes even longer.

So tell me, how are missions better xp? Find a good camp and stick with it or have some fun and explore. If you're worried about saving, bring a fixer along and pop into the grid, save and take the fixer grid right back to your hunting spot
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Y'know you could almost make a mill outta boss loot if nobody 'cared' as you so put it about boss or the loot.

Originally posted by Riokou
    Y'know you could almost make a mill outta boss loot if nobody 'cared' as you so put it about boss or the loot.
    Hehe actually if you solo the outdoor bosses, you can make ten-twenty mil credits a day (desperately wants people to hunt outside like in the old days )

Hugglez!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

AT 199, mission xp rewards are close to 2 mill, but boss mobs can be mini tarasques, so sometimes its wiser to skip.

I'd say on missions 195+ its about 50/50 on killing or skipping boss.

With doc and decent tank any boss is viable but as others have pointed out, it doesn't make sense to spend 30 minutes killing a megahp enforcer boss for another set of kin disks.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course