Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Attacking for the Sole Reason that Someone is Offline is Dishonorable Play

My statement...

Originally posted by Revolutionary

2) "Socially and morally retarded children"? That is one of the most offensive statements I've ever read.
    To which you replied...

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    Maybe you need to read a little more.

I read plenty. I'd have to say, without much doubt that in my lifetime I have read considerably more than you. My point was that you who value morals enough to try to impose them upon others, have none of your own. I know the context and meaning of how you intended to use the word "retarded" but that doesn't excuse the fact that its one of those words that you just shouldn't use.

As for anyone being socialy or morally lacking, you have to be the most lacking of anyone who has posted on your own thread here. First of all, if you were socially adept you would understand that it goes without saying that in any co-operative group, the minorities can never be pleased. That minority however can and will compromise for the good the situation. In this game, the majority of the people that play want to just have fun and do their own thing, regardless of the cost. The minority, in which you reside, want all events to be held to certain other standards such as your proposed honor code. Only someone who was inept at forming dynamice social bonds(friendships and/or acquaintances) would think that their ideas, if in the minority, could be forces to spread and be upheld by the majority.

In all these many meaningless posts that you have put forth, it is painfully obvious that you do not truely understand the meaning of honor. You hint that I have insulted you first:

Yes, I do tend to insult people who posted inanities or who insult me first.
    Yet it is you who are insulting anyone and everyone that clicks on this post. Leave the facade of honor to the treacherous talks by scholars and diplomats, and just go play the damn game.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Originally posted by Kuroshio

So who's the bad boy here?
    If you were truly insulted by my "sophomore high school" comment, then you are more thin-skinned than I thought.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Jan 5th, 2003 at 19:21:12.

I'd have to say, without much doubt that in my lifetime I have read considerably more than you.
    My point was that the phrase "socially and morally retarded children" could not possibly be the most offensive thing anyone has ever read, not to get in a contest over who has read more.

I know the context and meaning of how you intended to use the word "retarded" but that doesn't excuse the fact that its one of those words that you just shouldn't use.
    ROFL. Just how much have you "read in your lifetime" again?

As for anyone being socialy or morally lacking, you have to be the most lacking of anyone who has posted on your own thread here.
    You have a gift for superlatives. Really takes "filth-spewers" like me down a notch or two.

In this game, the majority of the people that play want to just have fun and do their own thing, regardless of the cost.
    Yes, this sums up in a nutshell the very thing I look to avoid in selecting opponents for ANY game. But I hope that there is a sizable minority who ignore the anonymity of the internet and want to play this game like they would play any other. If you play games IRL to win "regardless of the cost" you will soon be playing with yourself.

Yet it is you who are insulting anyone and everyone that clicks on this post.
    You get insulted rather easily by "avatars" of people you don't know in real life, don't you think? If my thread is so insulting to you, I don't see how you get through the day. You must stay really angry

Thanks for the bump(s), and for helping me in the most insulting campaign of filth-spewing in the history of the universe!

pvp is designed poorly

The only ones who seem to like it are the ones who exploit, have no life and so are able to play 24x7.

{Moderator: Please stop lashing out at specific people. Discuss the topic. Don't create personal conflicts.}

They attack knowing no one is around to defend. The "you snooze you lose" comeback is lame. I would expect such from lame people who don't want a challenge but merely want to feel "uber". Sad really. I took your base while you were offline because you are a small guild with 5-10 people on at peak.

Wow! Aren't you the uber! Timezones ruin the whole pvp experience. I don't mind losing, I just want a chance to defend. I can't pay 24x7 as I have a job and a life. Guess this "booster" wasn't designed with that in mind. Frankly it's a waste of money that was designed basically to suck credits out of the economy and no other reason.

For you stealth attackers who exploit to wear comp belts higher than you should be able to and various other cheats, go for it. You cheapen your accomplishments. If you get a sense of accomplishment from it, then you are more pathetic than I had thought possible.

Having said all that I don't really give a rat's ass. This game is just a diversion until designers with a clue release some games in the near future.
    Last edited by Cz; Jan 16th, 2003 at 12:59:26.

Re: pvp is designed poorly

Originally posted by Ralgur
    The only ones who seem to like it are the ones who exploit, have no life and so are able to play 24x7.

{Moderator: Please stop lashing out at specific people. Discuss the topic. Don't create personal conflicts.}

They attack knowing no one is around to defend. The "you snooze you lose" comeback is lame. I would expect such from lame people who don't want a challenge but merely want to feel "uber". Sad really. I took your base while you were offline because you are a small guild with 5-10 people on at peak.

Wow! Aren't you the uber! Timezones ruin the whole pvp experience. I don't mind losing, I just want a chance to defend. I can't pay 24x7 as I have a job and a life. Guess this "booster" wasn't designed with that in mind. Frankly it's a waste of money that was designed basically to suck credits out of the economy and no other reason.

For you stealth attackers who exploit to wear comp belts higher than you should be able to and various other cheats, go for it. You cheapen your accomplishments. If you get a sense of accomplishment from it, then you are more pathetic than I had thought possible.

Having said all that I don't really give a rat's ass. This game is just a diversion until designers with a clue release some games in the near future.
    I'd almost feel pity for you. Almost except you went a did something stupid: attempt to label people exploiters.

I will say this: any game that has any meaningful PvP involvement in it will be a disappointment for you. By "meaningful" I mean something other than the arena sandbox that was designed expressly for children.

I'd flame you further but there's little point in doing so. People far more ruthless than I are awaiting you in those games in the near future. Perhaps when Nintendo gets around to releasing Pokemon Online there will be something suitable for you
    Last edited by Cz; Jan 16th, 2003 at 12:59:39.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

[snip] Useless Flaming [/snip]

Yes, this sums up in a nutshell the very thing I look to avoid in selecting opponents for ANY game. But I hope that there is a sizable minority who ignore the anonymity of the internet and want to play this game like they would play any other. If you play games IRL to win "regardless of the cost" you will soon be playing with yourself.
    It has nothing to do with the anonymity of the internet for me. I will purposely elbox you in the solar plexus when rebounding during a basketball game just as easily. Why? To make you think about that pain instead of the ball the next time we go up for a rebound. I'd deliberately pitch high and very inside to you to break your nerves if we were playing baseball (and shrug if I beaned you) . That up close and personal enough for you?

You get insulted rather easily by "avatars" of people you don't know in real life, don't you think? If my thread is so insulting to you, I don't see how you get through the day. You must stay really angry
    See this is the problem with uptight, moralistic SOBs like you. You think because you represent some morally correct viewpoint, you are above the rules of society. When in fact you're among the most morally corrupt people out there. The Crusades were launched by morally bereft people like you. Jihads are launched by morally clueless people like you. Neither did anyone an ounce of good

Thanks for the bump(s), and for helping me in the most insulting campaign of filth-spewing in the history of the universe!
    If your entire point is to attempt to keep this argument going so you can get more awareness to your issue, you trully are clueless about people. People aren't reading this thread to see an reasoned debate going on. They damn sure wouldn't find you a suitable advocate for something as simple as "Don't douse yourself with gasoline and light a match", let alone anything that falls outside the "Duh" category. People are viewing this thread to watch you get drubbed on a daily basis. Anyone that might consider your idealism worthy and would think of supporting you is prolly being turned away by your childish behavior and lack of intelligent rebuttal. You won't achieve Martyrdom on these forums. You will acheive ridicule however.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

It has nothing to do with the anonymity of the internet for me. I will purposely elbox you in the solar plexus when rebounding during a basketball game just as easily
    I don't doubt it.

See this is the problem with uptight, moralistic SOBs like you. You think because you represent some morally correct viewpoint, you are above the rules of society.
    Fairplay in games has always figured prominently in the "rules of society." Unsportsmanlike actions are what is antisocial.

When in fact you're among the most morally corrupt people out there. The Crusades were launched by morally bereft people like you. Jihads are launched by morally clueless people like you. Neither did anyone an ounce of good
    Bwahahaha, yes, I am planning world domination via a computer game. You will all obey me, Sanskrit, or perish in flame!

People are viewing this thread to watch you get drubbed on a daily basis.
    Ahhh the pain! the pain!

You won't achieve Martyrdom on these forums. You will acheive ridicule however.
    I can live with that. Thanks for the bump

Re: pvp is designed poorly

Originally posted by Ralgur

LOL

If you cant defend while your base are 25% , DONT have a base.. Or rebuild it , to have 25% in a more appropiate time...

"Nordic Fusion is a good example. They attack knowing no one is around to defend. "

Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"
    Last edited by Cz; Jan 16th, 2003 at 12:59:56.
    Healicia - Ragnarok
    BrutalThug - Ragnarok.

It's not evil it's cool! We're not peaceful white people we're cool powerhungry employees!

ROFL BT!

On the comment about Nordic Fusion... uhm rofl! How should we know when someone is offline? (Oh yeah BT explained that )

We attack towers when they go 25% its not our fault if u didnt plan ur base, so it was 25% when u are awake.... Heh we dont even check the orgs we attacks, roster, too see how many guys is in the guild.. be it 5 or 200, I dont really think we would care... Hell it would be more fun if u guys actually came to defend ur towers instead of just whining on the forums...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Jamespond
    ROFL BT!
    We attack towers when they go 25% its not our fault if u didnt plan ur base, so it was 25% when u are awake.... Heh we dont even check the orgs we attacks, roster, too see how many guys is in the guild.. be it 5 or 200, I dont really think we would care... Hell it would be more fun if u guys actually came to defend ur towers instead of just whining on the forums...
    This is the way tower attacks are made most fun for all. Was in on a raid last week where there were never any defenders and it was not near as much fun as one of the other attacks that week where defenders showed up.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Jan 6th, 2003 at 18:58:52.

sanskrit

honestly i advise you to let it drop.

they will never get it.

just retire from what you consider unfair and do not even try to impose morals/enlighten/force them, label it as you will.

there is no way ao pvp will ever be balanced or fair.

ergo people will use any tactic they can that is not explicitly forbidden.

i define the moral high ground in a game as such:

when you are able to or at least try to look beyond your own definition of fun.

accept that alot of people will not do this. imo they should go play quake or something but hey, they wont and it is not their fault funcom designed pvp with so many loopholes.

imo pvp and camping is the devil. it shows a persons true character and that can be a scary thing.

yet it is there and we have to live with it.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I have been replying to posts here and in so doing hopefully giving this issue broad exposure. When one seeks to impose one's morals on someone else, the result in society is legislation, or in the case of a game, rules. I have never asked for any new rules, but have asked that FC give more consideration to their working customers. A little more flexibility in gas scheduling is the only rule change I have advocated.

Therefore, statements that I am trying to "impose my morality" on someone else are false. The people who post in this thread don't want to accept this because it is convenient for them to paint me as some sort of crusader or zealot.

Muslims think that drinking liquor is wrong, and freely state so. I disagree with them. They think I am doing wrong, but have not tried to impose their morality on me.

Similarly, I think that planning to attack someone's base for the purpose that the opponent is not playing the game is wrong, and freely state so (here). Others disagree with me. I think that when they make such attacks they are wrong, but have not tried to impose my morality on them.

There is a big difference between believing certain acts are wrong, and stating so, and attempting to punish people who do those acts. This simple logic is apparently beyond the grasp of my bumping friends here.

I have been replying to posts here and in so doing hopefully giving this issue broad exposure. When one seeks to impose one's morals on someone else, the result in society is legislation, or in the case of a game, rules. I have never asked for any new rules, but have asked that FC give more consideration to their working customers. A little more flexibility in gas scheduling is the only rule change I have advocated.

Therefore, statements that I am trying to "impose my morality" on someone else are false. The people who post in this thread don't want to accept this because it is convenient for them to paint me as some sort of crusader or zealot.

Muslims think that drinking liquor is wrong, and freely state so. I disagree with them. They think I am doing wrong, but have not tried to impose their morality on me.

Similarly, I think that planning to attack someone's base for the purpose that the opponent is not playing the game is wrong, and freely state so (here). Others disagree with me. I think that when they make such attacks they are wrong, but have not tried to impose my morality on them.

There is a big difference between believing certain acts are wrong, and stating so, and attempting to punish people who do those acts. This simple logic is apparently beyond the grasp of my bumping friends here.
    Muslims believe drinking alcohol is wrong. Correct. They think a person having a beer is wrong. Also correct. They do not attempt to lecture anyone on it constantly. Nor have I seen a public awareness campaign led by muslims in the hope the US Govt will see if and nerf drinking

I made the original thread, and have made a good faith effort to reply to many of the posts here. How is that "lecturing?"

but you do have

don´t drink and drive campaigns as well dont you?

see this is the point. feel free to waste as many of your brain cells as you wish but the moment you seat yourself behind a driving wheel it ceases to be your problem alone.

gone now. byebye.

I made the original thread, and have made a good faith effort to reply to many of the posts here. How is that "lecturing?"
    I'm not even going to bother quoting your "good faith" replies. Most of your replies involve flaming. The rest involve playing the wounded party. All revolve around telling people "That's not fair and I'm not going to go away until someone notices and agrees with me".

We've all agreed it's not honorable, cept for maybe 1 or 2 who are just disagreeing to open you up for more public floggings. The point we've been trying to make is the whole thing is irrelevant due to the nature of the game. And a lot of us don't rightly care if you approve of our tactics or not. Your approval or disapproval isn't the deciding factor. It's Funcoms.

Have a good one Sanskrit. Me, I've been enjoying myself quite well because of my particular viewpoint. It allows a certain freedom towards your own losses when you don't attach so much importance to them. Snag one of our bases while we're offline? Cool. We'll hit you back next time

As for Blackwing, I gave into temptation and peeked at his post to see if he needs to remain on ignore. Yup, he does.

rofl

As for Blackwing, I gave into temptation and peeked at his post to see if he needs to remain on ignore. Yup, he does.
    *edit: guess i will repeat myself

integrity/honor/moral whatever you may call it is how you behave when nobody is watching you.

wether it is allowed or not is not the point but i am afraid you will never understand this.

nor will you know because you do not agree with viewpoints but your own and go so far as to put people on ignore.

that coupled with your favorited quotes shows me you are not so calm and superior but who gives?

*shrug*
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 8th, 2003 at 05:25:14.

gone now. byebye.

dude seriously

It has nothing to do with the anonymity of the internet for me. I will purposely elbox you in the solar plexus when rebounding during a basketball game just as easily. Why? To make you think about that pain instead of the ball the next time we go up for a rebound. I'd deliberately pitch high and very inside to you to break your nerves if we were playing baseball (and shrug if I beaned you) . That up close and personal enough for you?
    dont you think you need therapy?

you ever wonder why nobody comes to play with you a second time?

gone now. byebye.

Re: dude seriously

Originally posted by Blackwing

I for one, don't think he needs therapy....thats just my opinion, but to me he's right.

As for nobody coming to play a second time, I play the same way as he does, and I'm invited into games. My whole life I have been a prized opponent in sports and games because I have a strong desire to win. Think its brutal that a girl might elbow you in the side while fighting for the post? Then don't step on the court when I'm playing or you'll end up crying to your mommy. Thats just the way the world is, and if you think that its any different, then you need to take a serious look at your life and the world that you are telling yourself that you live in. I mean, ffs...look at Michael Jordan, the most famous hardened competitor of all time...he's the first to admit that in his prime, he did what he had to do to win. No matter what. ****, this is a man who had one of his best friends fired because he thought that the guy was keeping him from winning (Doug Collins when he was the coach of the Bulls).

Winners win, losers whine....simple as that.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Re: dude seriously

Originally posted by Blackwing

Hmm...Didn't see this cause I had you on ignore. Thanks Revolutionary.

It's called Street Ball. No Blood, No Foul. Call foul once without a damn good reason and someone would explain to you in the most graphic of terms just what kind of kid your parents raised (along with graphic speculations concerning the species and preferred sexual partners of your parents). Call foul trice, I dare you...Likely to get hurt at that point. Did anyone come to play? During the summer if you weren't on the court by aboout 6:30am, you'd be waiting till about 10 am before your team got on the court. Losers walk. Wasn't there a sneaker commercial with Sinbad explaining the rules of street ball?

And once we were done playing, everyone headed back to the apartment complex and BSed like the friends we all were. And got up the next morning at 5:30am, laced up the sneaks and did it all again.

Both trading 'bows on the paint and 'chin music' are actually accepted in professional basketball and baseball. So long as its done in moderation. If the refs during a game stopped play over every bow or hack, games would last days. And no umpire is gonna eject the pitcher over that tactic...Least not till he beans at least 2 or 3 batters

Honorable? No. But its still done. You must have been one of the benchwarmers in sports.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 10th, 2003 at 03:41:59.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast