Thread: Does a Damage Debuff reduce base damage or hit damage?

Does a Damage Debuff reduce base damage or hit damage?

Question:

Say a player is hitting me with a 50-100(100) weapon. He has an attack rating of 800 and is hitting me for hits of between 150 and 300.

When I do a damage debuff of -25, where does the damage debuff get taken off?

Does the damage debuff effectively reduce the weapon's stats, so that his weapon is now 25-75(100)?... which would mean that he is now hitting me for between 75 and 225.

Or does the damage debuff get taken of the actual damage that he hits me for?... so his hits would now be between 125 and 275.

I'd be grateful if someone could clear this up for me.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Thanks snublefoot,

Not the answer I wanted... but at least I know now.

X

Oh I've been damage debuffed enough to know that one

Lol just bumping this one more time as somebody else told me that the damage debuff affected base damage....

Could somebody else corroborate Snublefot's assertion that a damage debuff affects total hit damage and not base damage?

X

well damage buffs seem to affect the base damage and not just add to the attack, so it's strange the opposite is true.

i.e. AFAIK you can have a 20-100 wep with a +5 ring and hit for less that 25, however this me be skewed by reduction from armour.. so i may be talking crap
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Damage buffs add to hit damage too.