Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best breed / proffo tradeskiller

Best breed / proffo tradeskiller

I'm about to emabark on leveling a new tradeskiller toon; I've got a 16 engi whos been reset totally but I'm wondering if any other breed / prof combination will yeild better results for non-combat tradeskill char?

Basically, I'm not worried about being able to fight ever because friends are going to let me leech XP in return for free ts work.

Truth is, manually working out the best possible combination from breed / prof skill lists is boring as hell and never works in practice, so I thought I'd ask those of you who know....

Whats best folks?
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Well according to the desription of the engys they should be the best, but ATM traders are really really good at it due to their buffs. But Im no expert, both engi and traders are good, IMHO

Nanomage Trader.

Hands down.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Arrow Pre-empting the inevitable responses

Best ME/EE/QT/WS/Chem = Engineer

Best Pharm = Doc

Best CL = Trader

Best NP = Close race between Nanomage* NT and Nanomage* Engy depending on gear and level. NT's new buffs are dropping now right?

Best & Easiest Psych = Crat and Agent? Granted theres nothing to do yet.

Easiest ME/EE/QT/WS/Pharm = Trader

Easiest NP = Nanomage* MP

Tutoring...um Pioneer owners

Theres a subtle difference between Best and Easiest that some people can't see through the tunnel.

Breed only makes a big difference in NP, otherwise opifex/solitus are very close (sometimes equal or better) in everything else. Atrox are a fair bit worse though.

Doing the highest possible quality work means getting outside buffs one way or another, though which buffs (and how many) varies widely.

Oh and non-combat might as well be "non leveling". If you mean as little combat as possible, engineer can rely completely on the pet for awhile, but not forever without forgoing teaming. A non-combat trader will get lots of comments in teams from day one.

*another 35-50 from vest
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Chem should be

Enforcer and Doc.

(yes enforcer.. I heard this is green for them hehe)

Anyways Doc's got it good on Chem also.

Originally posted by Gimpy
    Chem should be

Enforcer and Doc.

(yes enforcer.. I heard this is green for them hehe)

Anyways Doc's got it good on Chem also.
    docs chem is blue only 4 points a lvl really sucsk you would think it would be green but... :'(
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

How bout a pure tradeskill Engi with Trader buffs running? I think it might be easier to lvl a tradeskill Engi than a tradeskill Trader, since Traders do all the killing themselves and have to invest lots of IP into evades, ranged init, several nano skills to be efficient fighters etc etc.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Re: Pre-empting the inevitable responses

Originally posted by Mercatura

Best Pharm = Doc

Best CL = Trader

Best NP = Close race between Nanomage* NT and Nanomage* Engy depending on gear and level. NT's new buffs are dropping now right?

Theres a subtle difference between Best and Easiest that some people can't see through the tunnel.

Breed only makes a big difference in NP, otherwise opifex/solitus are very close (sometimes equal or better) in everything else. Atrox are a fair bit worse though.

Doing the highest possible quality work means getting outside buffs one way or another, though which buffs (and how many) varies widely.

Oh and non-combat might as well be "non leveling". If you mean as little combat as possible, engineer can rely completely on the pet for awhile, but not forever without forgoing teaming. A non-combat trader will get lots of comments in teams from day one.

*another 35-50 from vest

engies make the best overall trade skillers...there are many unique items that are engie only that add to trade skills, of course youll need a trader to cast maestros, but the result is the best trade skiller.... Also, mps are the best NPers. The new NT middle level buff doesnt stack with ASM, and it gives 17 less np...the high level one needs mochams and a wrangle to cast...so its not really useful... The breed really only gives a couple points in the end..and youll need to pick your breed for the skills you want...nanomage is probably your best bet though, as all trade skills are at least 50% int dependant, and in addition you can wear shades of lucubration...which will give you another couple points...and jones vest if you are NPing
    President of Midnight Reveries

Agent? They can fp both engy and trader, using buffs from both profs. Nanomage agent is probably the best combo, tho not good for fighting
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Agent = Non-green tradeskills
    And most of the engy tradeskill buffing items is real proffesion dependant, not visual-proffesion.
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Were talkin Pure tradeskill?

Nano Trader: Hands down. You can have a decent trader with lower than average nano skills and use deprives to make up for it until you hit a title cap. It all really depends on the level.

Best Nano programmer:

Nano Meta: Largest NP boost, intel boost.

Why it was suggested that engineer was the best is beyond me. The largest NP boosting item an eng gets is a modified A-4000 sheet for +40. Why solitus was suggested is well out of my visual range.

Best target for target practice?

nanomage engineer
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

We're including out-side buffs, so caps matters more.

Engy QF/ME/EE cap (slightly) higher then trader's, so we're theoreticaly the best traderskillers within those skills.

I'm not going to fool around with highest NP/PT.
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

I think just a plain old Solitus Engineer

Being Soli, you have no weak abilities, so you wont have as high tradeskills as other breeds, such as nanomage, but until you can really jump into tradeskills, the boost of HP from the light blue stamina will help out.

Nanomage would be better in the end, but you gotta get there first, and i think solitus beats nano to the finish line.

Jerrak, how can "more HP from light blue Stamina" be better for tradeskills? I thought tradeskills depended on abilities, not hitpoints or nanopool for that matter.

And f.y.i., Stamina is light blue for Nanomage also
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Hotly debated tpic andd tanks to all contributors!

Just to clarify - I'm not concerned with surviving to high levels - that's not aa problem. I'm just looking for the highest accross the board tradeskills combination, with emphasis placed on armour, towers etc, rather than NP etc.

If I can get serious TS boosts from beiing a combat gimp, then so be it. It's not liike I'm going to be doing any fighting, ever...
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Absolute highest acheivable? Nano Engineer for most things, though Opifex is better at ME and EE. The differences aren't huge mind you.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

that's wrong, sorry :/

engineers don't get jack **** in buffs for any of those skills...except for chem, with requires PM/SI (dark blue..)
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Best Pharm = Doc

Best CL = Trader

*another 35-50 from vest

MPs have the exact same nanoprog skill as NTs. Both have buffs, but the NTs highest level buff is usually only usable with an MP's buffs. So I'd say it's a toss up between MP and NT
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Jerrak, how can "more HP from light blue Stamina" be better for tradeskills? I thought tradeskills depended on abilities, not hitpoints or nanopool for that matter.

And f.y.i., Stamina is light blue for Nanomage also
    i meant it would be easier to get higher level, so you could start doing tradeskills faster, and i didnt know that stam was light blue to nano mages.

if you have more hitpoints, you dont die as fast, if you dont die as fast you dont lose xp as fast, if you dont lose xp as fast you will level faster.

sorry if it was unclear, sorry if this made it even more unclear

He's not gonna be leveling himself, he's gonna XP leech off of teammates. (Guildmates who know that's what he's doing, so he's not hurting anyone.)

Therefore, anything other than ease of maxing tradeskilsl is irrelevant.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast