Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thought atrox were genderless

thought atrox were genderless

no romance for the hormoneless ones :/
    but anyways i thought there wasnt any gender for atrox's? how come they all look like big butch bobs or something like that......
    i think you need to make some look like the East German Womens Olympic Wrestling Team (no offense to anyone who fits in that description plz!) Maybe the females playing AO out there would like to play an atrox with piggy tails (my wife does)

Talking

lol too funny
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

The atrox guards in Hope are named "Male protectors."

go figure

Actually, they aren't genderless- they're neuters.

In biology, a neuter is just a thing with undeveloped sexual organs. So even Lou Ferigno would be a neuter if he had an undeveloped or immature... uhh... package.

Neuter can also mean a castrated animal.

So they aren't without hormones. In fact, they're supposed to be flooded with hormones. It's just that they're wangs won't make new Atrox's.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    So they aren't without hormones. In fact, they're supposed to be flooded with hormones. It's just that they're wangs won't make new Atrox's.
    LOL....

would you mind explaining to me in a biological manner how, should they have the 'balls', they would reproduce themselves into more lil'troxes? Surely you are not talking about using nanomage, solitus or opifex females to this end, since it would ruin the breed. It would be cool, but it'd ruin the breed as is and as I do recall... THERE ARE NO FEMALE TROXES....

God, I'm having a visual of a female trox wanting to have children with a nano male now... poor man........
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Sexual reproduction requires genetically compatible gametes. The female gametes have all the cellular stuff as well the haploid chromosomes, whereas the male gametes pretty much just have the haploid chomosomes. That is. you get all the cellular components - and thus life as we know it - from your mom.

So, what defines male and female are the ability to produce gametes of the right sort. If Atroxes were not able to produce any gametes, then they would not be males, independently of whatever other male attributes they may have.

That would be one way to explain all the male attribute that Atroxes have, and still be able to classify them as neuter.

ouch... now where did I leave those biology books from school...?

/me roams the house looking for books

nice explanation. Biological even. I'm impressed
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

good explaining wraith :P

still would be good for some female types of the atrox size...
    lol and if any atox girly started flexing her treetrunk muscles at my nanomage nano tech ... i guess thats why i have a calm line of formulas ....to cast and run like hell :P

Well, following along the same line of reasoning, you could have Atroxes with female attributes that didn't produce any gametes either (e.g. had no ovaries). They'd also be neuter.

Now wouldn't that be confusing.

Rofl the posts that some make... yea sexist people at FC.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Originally posted by Wraith God
    So, what defines male and female are the ability to produce gametes of the right sort. If Atroxes were not able to produce any gametes, then they would not be males, independently of whatever other male attributes they may have.
    thats not strictly true. Gender is also decided by secondary sexual characteristics (breasts on women for example).

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Nanomages aren't neuters. They can get down.

Somehow I find that much more gross than any potential Atrox wang description.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

thats not strictly true. Gender is also decided by secondary sexual characteristics (breasts on women for example).
    Technically wouldn't all atrox' be female anyway? As it requires an extra chromazome (can't spell been a while) for a fetus to become male. All 'trox are test tube babies anyways, but considering they are in fact all basically the same genetic structure cloned in labs, there wouldn't be much variety as is.

I think the true question is......WHY DOES THAT ***KIN ATROX HAVE A BIGGER BULGE THAN ME!
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Originally posted by Rudeboyz

Technically wouldn't all atrox' be female anyway? As it requires an extra chromazome (can't spell been a while) for a fetus to become male. All 'trox are test tube babies anyways, but considering they are in fact all basically the same genetic structure cloned in labs, there wouldn't be much variety as is.

I think the true question is......WHY DOES THAT ***KIN ATROX HAVE A BIGGER BULGE THAN ME!
    I am guess OT would have made them male, as they wanted a strong, loyal, stupid workforce (sounds like a pretty fair description of men to me ). Seriously though Male strength would have served them better, that is why there is only male Atrox around.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by Fatebound

LOL....

would you mind explaining to me in a biological manner how, should they have the 'balls', they would reproduce themselves into more lil'troxes? Surely you are not talking about using nanomage, solitus or opifex females to this end, since it would ruin the breed. It would be cool, but it'd ruin the breed as is and as I do recall... THERE ARE NO FEMALE TROXES....
    A huge atrox shagging with a tiny, slim Opifex girl? My God...he would break her in two.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

I was under the impression that Atrox have both male and female characteristics (functional or not I don't know...) but were incapable of reproduction. They do seem more male though.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

your thinking of Hermaphrodite, not neuter Darkbane. Neuter just means the Atrox is in capable as a species of reprodution.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Arrow

And I seem to recall Atrox being described in such fashion, though another term was used...

EDIT: found it...

androgynous
    Biology. Having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic.
    Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior.

The manual describes Atrox as androgynous...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Dec 17th, 2002 at 13:55:56.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Also, if you remember the "old" character creation system, where you could hear the descriptions on each breed and class, the description of Atroxes called them an epicene breed. Dictionary.com says:

ep·i·cene

adj.
    Belonging to or having the characteristics of both the male and the female: an epicene statue.
    Effeminate; unmanly.
    Sexless; neuter.

Linguistics. Having only one form of the noun for both the male and the female.
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Originally posted by Fatebound
    THERE ARE NO FEMALE TROXES....
    Not true, I saw an (although GM) Atrox Female who where part of an competition event between clan and Omni... (Omni won, GO OMNI!)
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast