Thread: The 10 meter punch, and range caps

The 10 meter punch, and range caps

i wasnt real sure where to post this, but this looks like the best place. This is somewhat of an NT discussion but i feel the rangeed melee stuff is a problem to everyone. Ok.
    has anyone else been killed by a melee clas that was across the room, my NT gets hit by rooted mobs in a room even if im on the FAR SIDE of the room. The idea of a melee class is that they hit ONLY at arms reach, why can they hit across a room? is this a bug, intended, or what? Couple that with a range cap, and we NT's and other caster classes w/ low hp are screwed. not only do we have to get veeery close to our opponenets, they can hit us before they get to where they should be able to, and w/ low HP..... wel you get the idea, im gonna go start an MA

lol i have been hit from over 40 meters with a melle mob he was out of my casting range and rooted but still visable and whacking on me and having a feild day at it.
    I have also been hit from a melee mob from over 3 rooms away through 3 closed doors and walls--hmm i think they cheat

My personal favorite was when I rooted a melee mob and fled (for you see, I didn't have enough nano left to calm him). While I was running away, I got another tick from my humidity extractor, and my first aid became available again. So I used my nanostim, and prepared to calm that bugger. Guess what, even though that guy was *still* meleeing me, and I was useing the ~50% range extender nano, I was OUT OF RANGE TO CAST A CALM!!!!!!! Tell me, HOW DOES THAT WORK?!?! It's meleeing me and I can't even cast on it!? Plants, I can understand, but this was a Hammer Breeder!

the mobs are filthy sploiters and need to be banned

Hummmmm....

The mobs are definitely exploiting.... but if we manage to get tme banned, getting xp will be tough....

I agree I've been hit by these exploiting mobs as well!! A few of them must be using a speed hack because I'll see them in one spot having trouble getting past some obsticle and then WHAM! they pop up right in my face... This is a obvious case of exploitation! They should ALL be banneed! After all whats the point of having all these things killing me in my 3D-chat program!! I meen common how am I sposed to look cool if I keep getting killed by these 'ploiting mobs. Just because these creatured have their own team of Funcom programmers controling them doesn't mean that they should get preferancable treatment.

-Entropy:
    The only game you cannot win...

Mobs aren't where your client says in this patch, moreso than with any prior patch.

MING - i hated you in EQ and I hate you here

If mobs can't get to your,, they teleport over. It's always been like that.
    Tho they shouldn't if there rooted.

Done to prevent perching I think.. Kinda lame way to fix it, but oh well.

Unhappy

Ming ! I loved you in EQ ( Dojo / Monkly buisness ), and i love you here!

Autumn Dawnfire

ps: i still want those gnomish sunglasses *nodnod*

Any who... personally AS a melee i'm against the nerf to range. Just thought you NT might like to know your not alone in this one.

Yea yea.. Garak.. I know they have always done that.. you just take the fun out of making up reasons why mobs should be banned.
    -Entropy:
    The only game you cannot win...