Thread: This Game Is Evil

This Game Is Evil

On a mission, last room, last mob, all going well when of course FC realises I'm actually going to complete a mission so what does it do ? Crashes. 30% of my level exp gone.
    I know I'm whinging but this really is beginning to p*ss me off

Its ok, buddy. Just rant a little and get it out of your system. You should curse a lot more to make it work better.

Thanks for the support hobbes, I appreciate it

mmmmm

mmmm don't want to mock/flame you, but that's almost the cutest rant i ever saw ..... ,)

and like hobbes said, if you use *lots* of 4-char words it does wonders to a hurt soul ....

mmmm i still think some kind of rantin board would be cool ... i don't feel like spammin the boards with rants anymore, but sometimes ... ya, sometimes it's just not easy ....... ehehehe
    tradeskillz ?

What can I say Fazun ? I'm cute

Wink ehehehe

ehehe ,)

yeah, thanks dudicas ,)

/bow
    Last edited by Fazun; Jan 23rd, 2002 at 22:54:24.
    tradeskillz ?

hmmm

Ok dude.. you having trouble crashing.. i got a few suggestions..

I have never had to reinstall.. never even toughed that stupid speed read application.. hel.. never even defregged... and my game runs like a bat out of hell.

Maybee try this..

Don't buy COMPAQ!! <-------------

get MORE than 64 MB of Ram

Faster than Celeron 400

14.4 modem on AOL.

AOL in ALL! Go Cable or faster. 30 bucks dude.. big deal.. your paying 20 for your modem ISP.

if you have better than this.. sorry.. at appears you just got disconnected.. you know.. i have got disconnected about 4 times.. in freakin MONTH.. and that was funcoms fault, and i didnt care.. 4 times in a month.. i can take definately put up w/ that.

Oh yea.. you might want to consider.. I have a suepr computer w/ dedicated aDSL. ooops..

not meaning to diss on your stuff.. no idea if its slow or what.. no harm intended.. i have jsut seen like 20 ppl try to run this from their bargin computer from compaq.. that has 64 Mb ram.. and is made to "surf the net" well i get neaws.. it cant even do that w/ 64 MB. and to top it off. they are running AOL in the background. and were out of memory by the time they started the game in the first place.

Oh yea.. here is a system that will run this game "sufficiently".. I didnt say great.. but.. it will run it fine. the MOST important thing is the amount of memory.

P2-550 MHz (750 runs it GREAT!)

384 MB Ram.. (if you save money on anything.. dont let it be this)
    512 MB Recommended.

Win 98.. only because it uses the best use of mamory w/o hogging it all..... *cough* like XP.

and a farely large hard drive.. its ok for a smaller one.. just remember.. the bigger.. the faster.. yea.. more data on it slows it down.. but they build them faster on the bigger models.. a 20 GB is fine.

I have personally run this game like a champ on a P3-750 (the nice model.. the one that they didnt scrap to save cash) 512 MB Ram. 32 MB GeForceMX w/ TV Out. 20 GB Hard Drive. and man did it GO!!!!!

i hope this helps someone.. e-mail me at thebladeavenger@yahoo.com and I will tell you what machien to get that will run the game well.. and other games well.. and I am not talking the baddest more powerful MOST EXPENSIVE computer either.. i will tell you what to get to run the game well and not be VERY EXPENSIVE..

Another thing you could do if you have any friends that can build PC's (Like Me) a custom PC.. goto www.pricewatch.com and buy parts from there for really really cheap.. yea.. cheap.. but i have only heard of 1 friend that got ripped off by going thought the net for cheap parts. And he set it back.. they gave him a new one.. for free..

Have a good one AO players.

Talking hehe

(under clocked 1.4 ghz due to runtime errors)

1 ghz atholon
    fsb 100/133
    20 gig 7200rpm h/d
    512 ddram
    64 ddr radeon v/c
    soundblaster live x-gamer 5.1 suroundsound
    cable modem
    win ME

price $800

playing ao and never crashing (except server side crashes)

PRICELESS
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

LOL

I'm getting tired of people trying to make excuses for funcoms lack of programming knowledge. It IS NOT YOUR SYSTEMS FAULT THE GAME IS CRASHING. If Funcom hadn't cowboy programmed the game in the first place you woulden't be having any crashing problems. Getting more Ram, and upgrading your vid card, and sticking to certain brands isn't going to do a damn thing about a POORLY programmed piece of softwares performance. Run a game like Gothic, and look at how beautiful it is. How smooth the textures are, and how flawlessly the game runs, on a 400 mhz computer with 128MB of RAM. And the polygon count and graphic requirements are actually much higher then this game. This game

#1 does not prioritize graphics. So you get REALLY crappy lag, some worse then others depending on connection speed.

#2 SPAMS your memory like I've never seen my memory spammed. Take a look at what your system resources are running at when you run this game.

#3 INSTABILITY. Ever since launch people been getting kicked off this game. And it seems to love to do when at the most inconvienent times. Pretty simple to fix, but Funcom likes to make it seem difficult.

Fact of the matter is, system specs have little to do with running this game. There are lots of games that look MUCH better then this one with almost 3 times the polygon count that run fine and don't crash. The reason why you are getting all this is because Funcom does not really know what it is doing in a MMORPG. They are still learning, and unfortunately that is why AO which could have easily become the largest MMORPG around, is dwindling somewhere around 4 or 5th place. (if even that.) You know, maybe if the game was working people would stop leaving.

okay I'm done.

"#1 does not prioritize graphics. So you get REALLY crappy lag, some worse then others depending on connection speed. "

The reason AO lags is in my opinion that it gives graphics FAR too high priority, putting movement, networking and other crucial work on HOLD while loading eye candy.

Otherwise you are not far off the mark.

FC are learning that multi player games must have different priorities than single player games like TLJ...

I too have seen games with graphics to rival AO but with far better performance...

Something, somewhere, is due for some heavy duty optimizing
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !