Thread: The SPECIAL flag???

The SPECIAL flag???

Ok I know what the NODROP flag means and the UNIQUE flag is also pretty obvious but what exactly does the SPECIAL flag mean/do?

As an example what did Funcom win by adding the SPECIAL flag to Yalms?

And are there other Flags where the meaning is not obvious?

Hope someone can help me out here.

/Caster

From my experience, the SPECIAL tag usually denotes an item with a singular QL, most quest items are, for instance (Notum Hood of Bobbic, Enhanced NCU Chip with Recompiling Core, the Tir rings, etc). As for what FC gained by changing all the old Yalms to SPECIAL (the new ones aren't though, surprisingly), just some player frustration, as it reduces the ease of comparing the QLs of them in shops, as it forces you to look at the reqs, instead of just the QL.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
    -Confucius

It would make sense is special was 1 qlvl across the board. But Funcom in thier infinite wisdom has some special items that have many qlvls, including the Yalmaha.

I don't mind it when Funcom makes changes like this, but stupid changes like this with no explination what so ever kills me.

I would think the this flag would change what and how often the item is dropped.

Hmm it is true that a Loooong time ago Yalms dropped/was found in chests. However I haven´t heard of this lately so don´t think that is the purpose of this flag.

Bottom line is I still don´t quit know what it does and I am still hoping for this "perfectly understandable and logical, not possible to misunderstand" explanation.

Who is up to that? Anyone???

/Caster

SPECIAL hides the QL of an item. Why yalms have this now I dunno, maybe the item designer was drunk or something.