Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Wishlist - Mez pet

MP Wishlist - Mez pet

Suggested this somewhere else just dont remember where.

A demon type mez pet that casts actual calms on the enemys.

Anyone else interested?
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Yes I am.

We should leave aside that the Mez Pet attack seems to be broken in some way at the moment and that it does the dreaded Phantom Damage bug for now. The wishlist is a place for improvements or additions not for listing bug fixes.

I think that the Mez Nano should get the equivalent of a true Mez. Something along the lines of:

Pacify Target
    NPCWipeHatelist Target

Func_53153 Target
    NPCWipeHatelist Target
    Pacify Target

But it should be considerably shorter in duration than an NT or Crat ones - from 5 seconds for the lower QL mez pets to 60 seconds for the highest QL. (the lowest NT/Crat calm/Mez is 38 seconds duration longest is 11.5 minutes).

I really think that it's important for all of our tools to be of some use in PvP too and the addition of the init debuff to the mez pet would be very cool. It could only be a small init debuff of course, because we already have a Dmg/Init debuff and the two together might be overpowering especially as the Mez Pet happily bobs away continuing to attack without us using any nano or even having to take the time to command it...

There have been calls in the past for it to stop attacking when the mez nano is succesfully landed or maybe to make it so that a /pet "MezPet" behind would make it wipe its hatelist and stop attacking. I remember testing this tactic once and couldn't get it to work with the Mez Pet either - although it does work with the attack pet.

I'm looking forward to seeing this discussion grow.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Bump.

X

I would like this,, an actuall mezzing power,,
    Muerl lvl 164 mp R-2

I should do what it's imho meant todo: calm it's targets.
    Additionally I would add some component that keeps it from breaking running calms. Perhaps it could make a check on the target and switch to the next one if the target is already calmed.

Another thing I'd like to add is related to the pet commands:
    Can we have it mez all (unmez'd) targets in guard mode and mez a single target in attack mode and the go back to it's previous state ?
    [DarkZone], member of the e)X(odus
    [Zophee], [codCrat] both Clan of Darkness members

Can we have it mez all (unmez'd) targets in guard mode and mez a single target in attack mode and the go back to it's previous state ?
    Nice idea. It would have to have some way of deciding that something was a target though - otherwise it would just try to mez everything in sight.

How about it should mez any mob aggroing you or your team in guard mode?

To be honest you'd still be most likely to keep it /behind in team play because otherwise it would start to mess with team tactics too much. Just use the targetted mezzes then.

Guard mode might be useful for soloing though.

X

Thought of all mobs that might aggro on you as a target ... Pretty much the same as it behaves now along with the dont-break-the-mez component.

And yes I did want to have single target mode for team play and the guard mode for solo.
    [DarkZone], member of the e)X(odus
    [Zophee], [codCrat] both Clan of Darkness members

hmmm, another pet to controll.. DOH!

Ill take a "Summon Sexy Female Soli Crat MKII" nano anyday over another, uncontrollable, unwilling to path pet

mez pets

The basic mez pet should calm, that is what it is supposed to do. I don't see why FC can't just slap a single target calm onto the stupid thing.

I didn once suggest a higher level Mez Pet that I termed the "Faery pet" (You can give it the appearance of a Pixie).

I suggested other abilities for this pet such as rooting or stunning, or even higher QL versions with area of effect calms or such. This would be a mez pet worth looking forward to and a reason to put points in Matmet.

I'd rather have an Angel pet though.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I want the pet i have to do what it was originally intended to do(?) and if that isnt calm then it should b

Also would like the high level ones to b a "non meatball" pet. as i said ^.

/me goes back to playing metroid prime

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

OK guys, here's the entry I'm putting into the wishlist.

X

Mez Pet Functionality
    ===============

The function of the Mez "Psychosis" Pet has been something of a mystery to MPs since they first appeared in the game.

According to the effect of "Captivated Gaze" the mez pet nano effect - "You have been momentarily mesmerized." and the effect codes:

Pacify Target 2 ticks 1 second
    Pacify Target

It is reasonable to assume that for the 12 second duration of the Captivated Gaze, the target should become pacified and stop fighting. The actual effect of this nano at time of writing (Dec 2002) is more like a root effect. The target stands still and will not follow the MP or move around - but does in fact continue fighting and hitting its target if the target stays in range.

Whatever the intended effect of the Mez Pet, the description alone has raised the expectation in the MP community that the pet would "mesmerise" its target in the same way that a Bureaucrat mez will "mesmerise" its target. Add to this that the yellow aura that surrounds the target when the nano lands is the same as that for mezzes/calms and it is understandable that this effect is expected by the MP community.

The addition in PvM (PvE) of opponents that cast their own pets has given crowd control an increased importance and increases the need to have the MP short duration crowd control capability correctly implemented.

With the rise of group/mass PvP in Notum Wars, the MP would also dearly like the Mez Pet to be brought up to date in line with our Bureaucrat, NT and Trader peers with regard to the effect of the mesmerisation in the PvP arena.

As a result, we would like to suggest the following changes to the Mez "Psychosis" Pet line:

• True Mesmerise effect

The Captivated Gaze effect should be changed to read:

Pacify Target
      NPCWipeHatelist Target

Func_53153 Target
      NPCWipeHatelist Target
      Pacify Target

Thus ensuring a true pacification of the target.

Rising Effect Duration as the QL of the pet increases

In line with every other mez/calm in the game, the duration of the effect should rise with the QL of the pet. This should rise from a base 12 second duration for the lowest level pet to a 60 second duration for the highest level pet. This duration should be guaranteed through enabling a system where the Mez Pet does not continue to try to Mez its target once the Mez has successfully landed - thus breaking its own mezzes.

PvP Usefulness of the Mez "Psychosis" Pet.

In line with every other mez in the game, the mesmerise effect should also include an init debuff to make it useful in the Player Vs Player arena. Given the very short duration the init debuff should be comparable with those of the NTs and Bureaucrats but should not include NanoC-Init as the MP has plenty of tools to deal with that threat.

The Mez Pet init debuff should stack with the Damage/Init debuff line (Strain 187).

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Mez Pets Thread. For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.

Agreed.

You'd think this would be simple enough to code too....

Given that the mez effect was changed in the last release from

Pacify Target
    Pacify Target

to

Pacify Target 2 ticks 1s
    Pacify Target

Presumably this part woudln't be hard to code... in fact it may be as little as a database entry.

The AI that would go with it might be harder to do though.

X

^ wit chu

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

Thumbs up All For This One

*bump*
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

il bump my thead cause i think its a good idea. =)

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

Lol LT,

First you complain about the wishlist threads being at the top... and then you start bumping them for no reason?

The Mez pet entry went into the wishlist days ago. This thread's purpose is done mate.

X

So sorry i beg your forgiveness.

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

If we can't get an actual mez out of this, then at least something useful like a 3 second stun would be nice.

Sallust,

Shall we put together a stun pet proposal?

X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast