Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Wish: Quantum Wings

MP Wish: Quantum Wings

Couple things on this line.

I understand why FC doesn't want to see any profession that can fight while flying (despite advertising this in the startup area ).

It would be very nice to all MPs if we could cast non-combat nanos in QW mode though. I'm tired of getting out of QW to cast half a dozen buffs, getting back in QW, getting another tell, getting out and buffing, etc.

Second, I'd love to see a higher QL version of QW with a runspeed bonus. I want to be able to keep up with Yalms in my own MP way at least eventually.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Re: MP Wish: Quantum Wings

Originally posted by Sallust
    I'd love to see a higher QL version of QW with a runspeed bonus.
    Amen.

QW already has a RS bonus tho it does not say it.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Hey Sallust,

I'd like to add that Quantum Wings should work the same way as Yalms do for the grid - you have them on when you go in and you have them on when you come out.

Should the grid fix be added to the existing one?

Should a fix like runspeed just be added to the existing one - or should it be a new higher QL nano.

What sort of level and skill requirements would you like to see on the new Quantum Hyper-Wings?

How would we restrict the non-hostile nano idea? I'm thinking that the demon and the heal pets are actually non-hostile ones so we'd be able to cast those (even if they didn't respond to command until we dropped the wings). Would that be cool?

I saw a request somewhere a while back that a higher QL QW should also make the pets fly along with us in formation rather than have them run along the ground bouncing up and down etc...

You move faster of course with QW because you are flying (and flying is just faster in AO)... but it would be nice to add a runspeed buff too or increase the flyspeed for wings such that we can keep up with a high QL yalm.

Anyone else got any ideas they'd like to include add?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I do like the idea of another QW tho what would be the difference? making it faster?

The flying in formation (great idea btw) should IMO be in the first QW.

QW should not come off in the grid plsthx.

QW should allow for nano casting so everytime i get the inevitable "can i get some mochams" i dont have to land my ass and cast away to make no tips.

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

I'm pretty sure that FC already said that they wouldn't make another version of QW because its "unique". Whatever the hell thats suppose to mean in the context of a video game. The only reason I can see for them not making an improved QW is that they still want high lvl MPs to have to buy a vehicle. But with the inclusion of the new vehicle and the fact that 160+ character sneeze and 5M credit fly out their *** I don't see the point anymore. I don't want anything really special for the new version just a speed equal to the original yalms and that it doesn't come off when I go inside ( They could deactivate it inside but it should start up again when i leave the store or whatever ).

While I like the ideas of the pets flying with us and casting while flying, I find it unlikely FunCom will do either of those. It would be great if they did.

QW staying on through the Grid would be lovely.

A higher level QW that had a nice run buff (at least +150 or it's not worth bothering, but preferably more like +250) would also be great.

QW

Agreed Xtremtech, other nanos don't deactivate when going into the grid (though I would say HOT nanos should), why does QW? So I can be extra vulnerable compared to Yalm users when I come out? Seems silly to me.

Yes, I asked for pets to fly in formation once with a higher QL of QW. This way your pets are right there with you when you deactivate QW. Don't have to worry about them warping 20m behind you and getting stuck on the cliff.

QW has a flying speed bonus ... the same as every other flying bonus. Its simply quicker by nature to fly, like it is quicker to run on roads. There is no "Runspeed" bonus though, and you're slower compared to a Yalm. Just a +200 runspeed bonus would satisfy me so I can keep up better when in /follow mode on a Yalmed teammate. As said, who at high levels doesn't have a Yalm? The MP who is using QW to be unique and save 4.5 mill.

Yea i have enough trouble outfittin my alts with yalms.

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

How about 2 new ones then.
    • Notum Wings:

Level Req >= 145
      Req:

Matter Met: 608
      Time&Space: 608
      Bio Met: 608

Runspeed: +250

============

Asmodian's Wings:

Level Req >= 185
      Req:

Req:

Matter Met: 808
      Time&Space: 808
      Bio Met: 808

Runspeed: +450
      Allows casting of non-hostile nanos while flying.

And then suggest general changes for all three wings:

1) Remain 'on' indoors in the same way that yalms do
    2) Cause pets to fly behind us

I don't think we'll get casting - but who knows...

X

Give us WINGS damnit! I want gigantic angelic wings, and I want the Omni scumbags () to have huge demonic wings! Neutrals can have medium-sized sparrow-wings or something This would fit nicely with what we've heard from Shadowlands as well (maybe except for the neutrals-part).

Image is everything. I want wings!
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

i think being able to cast nanoskill buffs and NP buffs should be part of the QW as is. Same as it not wearing off when we go in the grid.

I think the grid problem is tied to the fact that if you ever zone and don't meed the reqs for the nano, then it kicks off of you. If you don't have the matmet (I.E. expertise times out) then when you zone you find yourself out of QW. I think the same thing happens when it does a check and finds out you can't fly in the grid. This is a BUG and it should have been fixed a long time ago. MPs aren't as important as other people who need to get around though it seems like. I've reported this as a bug a few times and gotten it filed away... nothing seems to happen about it though.

Originally posted by Archelan
    Give us WINGS damnit! I want gigantic angelic wings, and I want the Omni scumbags () to have huge demonic wings! Neutrals can have medium-sized sparrow-wings or something This would fit nicely with what we've heard from Shadowlands as well (maybe except for the neutrals-part).

I agree,Give us wings but you have the order wrong
    angelic wings for the loyal followers of Omni-Tek
    demonic wings for the evil anarchist clan members
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

I think the grid problem is tied to the fact that if you ever zone and don't meed the reqs for the nano, then it kicks off of you.
    Nope. This was a problem we used to have when zoning and was fixed long ago.

I can assure you that I can cast Quantum Wings without buffs at all (in fact probably when trader debuffed too) and they still fall off when in the grid.

X

Originally posted by WillTell

I agree,Give us wings but you have the order wrong
    angelic wings for the loyal followers of Omni-Tek
    demonic wings for the evil anarchist clan members
    Hey, I'm just expanding on what FC has said about Shadowlands Personally I'd love demonic wings since that's bound to look insanely cool
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Just a note; I can see ways to exploit being able to cast pets while in QW, unless *all* they do until you land is follow you; I.E. they won't even defend themselves.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

QW being sold in shops I don't see a logic in it remaining a single nano, even if there was a point back then.

I too am one that would like to see graphic effects for QW, and following Shadowlands statements some transparent yellowish-white light wings for clanners and black/dark-purplish shredded demonically aweful thingies for OT imperialist scumbags.

Neutrals don't get anything as usual. Poor neutrals... J/K just don't know what would be fitting.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Just a note; I can see ways to exploit being able to cast pets while in QW, unless *all* they do until you land is follow you; I.E. they won't even defend themselves.
    This is a given, since the present Quantum Wings has this effect already on pets. All they will do while you are flying is follow - they won't even defend themselves.

X

Originally posted by Archelan

OMG sparrow wings!

Clan MP: "Hey look at me! I'm a big pretty angel with angelic wings!"

Omni MP: "Raawr, I'm a cooler looking demon winged type person"

Neutral MP: "TWEEET TWEEEET SQUAAAAAAAWK"

but in all seriousness, I'm all for upgraded wings with a graphic to match. Having the pets float alongside us instead of bouncing up and down would be a big plus as well. I remain ambiguous on the casting while flying though. I could take it or leave it without getting too upset. I could see it being exploited by an mp buffing mochams to teammates in battle....no wait, I can't. Who cares if we cast mochams while flying, we can always be rooted lol.

But Quantum Wings is a nice class defining nano and I'd love to see a little update for it, along with some other updates. I just think it would be so cool to never need to wield a conventional weapon and really rely on our creations to help us fight, be they pets, summoned armor or summoned weapons. A totally self sufficient class.

Whoever made the suggestion about creation bows using a small bit of nanopool as weaponry is brilliant. Gives even more reason to triple implant nano regen clusters and more purpose to being nanomage.

Nearly our entire set of toys are starting to feel quite out of date, so it's time to upgrade them and add new toys. In this context, I have no problems whatsoever with putting level requirements on them. If it encourages folks to level, then I'm all for it. Lvl 175 nano requirements are wonderful. Title 5 is one big long painful title cap, so having new toys to play with keeps things fresh.

There's a whole lot of good ideas on these boards lately. Ever since we got our professionals back, I've seen a big shift from complaining to think tanking and I think good things are in store for us. I will bet dollars to donuts that we get quite a few nice toys for shadowlands. The fact that funcom uses the word "metaphysical' when describing shadowlands gives me a new sense of hope.

And to think I was close to cancelling my account again (truth to tell I've found a few VERY nice hunting spots lately so I'm quite happy)
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Dec 17th, 2002 at 07:45:24.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

OK guys here's the entry that's going into the wishlist.

Changes and Additions to Quantum Wings
    ===========================

While Quantum Wings was originally conceived as a 'unique' nano rather than being part of a line, many MPs find that there are issues attached to using these nanos. The major issue is that team mates in Yalms gain a runspeed buff in addition to their flying speed which makes MPs in wings slower. Trying to /follow a yalm when you're in wings is a nightmare.

Also, pets still have a tendency to get stuck in outdoor terrain and it's by no means certain that they will arrive with you (or even soon after) when you fly somewhere. This can be particularly annoying when flying to PvP battles with the pets pre-cast so that you have defences when you arrive. If they're not there or are stuck somewhere, you have to land defenceless and try to recast them as quickly as possible - thus disabling you for battle and leaving you defenceless too.

As a solution to this, it's requested that the pets fly in formation with the MP while he is wearing his wings.

• Quantum Wings:

matter meta >= 480
      biological meta >= 480
      time and space >= 480

Runspeed: +250

==============

Notum Wings:

Level Req >= 145
      Req:

Matter Meta: 608
      Time&Space: 608
      Biological Meta: 608

Runspeed: +350

==============

Asmodian's Wings:

Level Req >= 185

Req:

Matter Meta: 808
      Time&Space: 808
      Biological Meta: 808

Runspeed: +450
      Allows casting of non-hostile nanos while flying.

==============

General Changes - "Nice to haves"

- Wings should remain 'on' indoors in the same way that yalms do if possible
      - Cause pets to fly behind us rather than run along the ground.
      - Some graphical representation of wings - perhaps a glowing aura style graphic in the shape of wings.

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Nukes Thread. For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast