Thread: improvements on org banks

improvements on org banks

I'd like to see an org bank for items made. that way it is easier for higher lvl members help out lower ones and store armor you know others might need.

also an acces system should be made where members are sure not to exploit it. like if some good hearted person puts a very valuable item in there (like a high ql div9 or something) they will be sure that that item will not be taken out by some devious person for the sole purose of selling it on the market. i keep way too much stuff in my bank for other org members that need it but our play times don't coinside often, so by the time we actually do see each other, the item becomes useless because the person outgrows it.

Yes i support all org bank ideas. It would make things so much easier.

There should be an command that allows members of an org certain things. For example:
    Player 1 can take 5 items QL < 50 from the bank per day
    Player 2 can take 1 item from the bank
    Player 3 isn't allowed to tkae stuff from the bank.

or, simply make it so that when you put an item in an org bank, a dialog box comes up which allows you to specify character, rank, profession, and/or lvl a person can be to remove it.

the org bank could be implemented with or without an org building.

here is another thought i had.

for instance a person needs armor he can acces the org bank and click on an armor link. then he gets a window listing all armor items. perhaps accessing items from org bank could require a donation, which will atomatically got into the monetary org bank. i don't think the items should cost as much as the would in the store, but a lot less. i think it's a nice way for an org to collect money without implementing tax and nor relying so heavily on higher lvl members to donate voluntarily.

Bitterness
    Funcom is justified in spending time on this why? There are several easier options to use for a guild bank than pestering Funcom to make one.

yes, of course there are other forms of org banking in use, namely higher lvl characters storing items in their own banks. this would be a convenience feature that would make trading of items a little easier, that's all.

I'm not pestering anyone to do this. I find that people will often ask me to hold an item for them if i find it of a specific quality. so i do, but by the time i see them again they simply have no use for it anymore. in the meanwhile that item has been sitting arround in my bank taking up room.

surely having higher org members hold items in their banks is easier...for whom? funcom.

- if they ever want to improve on guild dynamics, this might be a nice idea. let it not be a guild bank for items but a guild armory.
    sure some huge guilds have websites set up with forrums where members can exchange stuff. my guild has one but hardly anyone ever visits it. another problem for guilds is that higher lvl members already played the game too long and tire of it, thus the idea of higher lvls holding items for lower lvls becomes futile. (i've had this happen in two previous guild i was in)

well that's my five cents for the day

if the pestering comment was to me, you misunderstood me. i like the idea.

Originally posted by Bitterness
    Funcom is justified in spending time on this why? There are several easier options to use for a guild bank than pestering Funcom to make one.
    no that pestering comment was not to you Nable7. I thought this was a suggestions forrum, thus i am making a sugestion, not pestering anyone

Bitterness
    Making stupid suggestions is abusing the privilege of posting in this forum.

Originally posted by Bitterness
    Making stupid suggestions is abusing the privilege of posting in this forum.
    i don't think the suggestion is stupid. flaming others for suggestions in a suggestion forrum is. why don't you give your reason for not liking the idea instead of making random comments.

/ingnore <bitterness>

I like the idea.. would be great if it were implimented in a way to where it actually WORKED.

Funcom needs to concentrate on fixing the *current* bugs before they try to add more content. Note that I said try. I have no faith in Funcom at all to release something bug free, or to fix one thing without breaking something else.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171