Thread: Hats for the Rest of Us

Hats for the Rest of Us

I was happy to find that FC had added hats to the game. A sunhat or crusher is just the thing I need to keep my frail opifex body from wilting under the merciless Rubi Ka sun while I'm hanging out in Old Athens. THEN I found out that the hats cost about 450k each <boggle> and give a ton of stats.

So what I want to know is, what about the little people, where are our hats?? It doesn't have to be anything fancy or give stats but it does have to be reasonably priced and keep the sun off our heads. In fact I would prefer a very simple hat to compliment my designer Miiir social clothing, kind of like wearing a Martin the Martian necktie with an Armani suit. It says, "sure I'm beautiful and have impeccable taste and can introduce you to all the right people and get you into clubs you didn't know existed, but I have a lighter side too".

Now, if the problem is more hats is going to require a ton of new textures which is going to increase lag a million percent and crash the servers and result in everyone leaving AO then don't do it, I mean I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the greater good. But if the only reason the rest of us don't have hats is because the developers get out of bed every morning and ask "what can I do for the game's glitterati today?" with nary a thought to the little people then we have a problem.

If you want to preserve some aura of exclusiveness to dull, ordinary hats then insert a simple quest into the game instead of just adding them to shop inventories. The quest should be accessible to low level characters and allow you to choose from several different styles of hat as a reward. That way wearing a hat is a priviledge players will have to do a little work to earn - and many to most of the players won't bother.
    Last edited by Blue Kominto; Dec 14th, 2002 at 21:45:06.

The new Straw Hat has such a bad model. Poorly done FC.

And the price? And the stats? For 10 Straw Hat i can buy one yalm. I mean that's ridiculous.

Please put a black and a white straw hat in the game.

Originally posted by Jonus
    And the price? And the stats? For 10 Straw Hat i can buy one yalm. I mean that's ridiculous.
    Rediculous IRL, maybe. In the Rubi-Kan economy, anything is possible.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Bitterness
    It's a special straw hat. And with the state of the game a base Yalm is pretty much the used Civic of Rubi-Kan cars. It's not unreasonable that 10 very special straw hats (equivalent to a straw hat woven in Bali by brain-damaged nuns) would be worth as much as one Yalm.

go blue!

good point there about the hats for the rich (and not for the poor types) there's like sooo many different color ....hoods (and they look pretty bad), with the sheer amount of 'fashionable' clothing for miir and such you'd thing catering to the poor lowly omnitek paperboy or the clan chimmneysweep wouldn't be too hard to implement, i can't see how it would cause mass lag or crash anything (though anything's possible i guess)...

dont know when these skinchips came out but my wife says thanks as she refused to wear any of the helmets as they pretty much all look real silly :P

I really think that they should have worked more on the textures for these hats.

The salesman's hat is hideous, as is the repairman's hat. Here's a question: Why would anyone want to wear ugly clothes? All the stuff that you can wear, should be good looking. Pretty basic idea, but a signifigant part of the game is pride in your avatar. How can you be proud of yourself if you look like an idiot?
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Wink You people...

You people whine because there's no hats, FC adds hats, you whine because they don't look nice!? *tsk* .... j/k

Well I agree with Blue K's post, not everybody can fork up the 0.5 mil for a hat. So add a few simple cap/bandana thingies with no modifiers, or the kind of modifiers some swimsuits has, so newbies has a chance to afford them.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Originally posted by Zane0
    How can you be proud of yourself if you look like an idiot?
    That's what my dad used to ask me every day as I was leaving for school.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".