Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better starter equipment

Better starter equipment

Hi.

I have been fooling around with some alts of mine.

What strikes me is that after the starter weapon, which is only useful to level 3 there is nothing available for new chars.

Going to any Fair Trade or basic shops to look for armor/weapon is not an option. Most of the times you wont find anything you can use until you are lvl 10 or above.

Why not make an extension to the starter weapons and also some more low ql armor?

Place 2 terminals in the backyards (Not training areas since there is still problems with zoning out of them).

1 is for 3 different ql of the starter weapons. QL3, 7 and 10.
    All kind of starter weapons for all type of professions.

the other terminal is for starter armor. same QL 3, 7 and 10.
    The armor dont have to be the exact same type, but atleast make them avail as full sets using the same 2 abilities

Also makes them cheap. Money is tough to get when you are young, unless you got a higher char to pass some to you. which all of us dont have.

I play on both servers (Rk1 and RK2) Dont bother much to play on the German server.

Doing this will also (I think) clear up some lag around Fair trade and Basic shops
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

Smile Bump!

Or make the starter weapon upgradable by right-clicking on them up to ql 10 or so.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Thumbs up BUMP!!!!

This makes sense!! FC.... please look into this aswell!!! and don't forget a Reload KEY!!! Thanks!

Better yet, make start up weps that fit the professions, how many Advs out there start as pistol and go melee later as newbies they go with what they start with, why not give new Advs a start up 1he wep and pistol to let them decide instead of wasting Iprs later or having to re-roll.

Also would work for enforcers give them a 2he, 1he, and 2hb start up weps so again new players can choose.

Just some examples, I know when I was a newb way way back and started as a Adv I went pistol cause thats what I came with, later I used some resets and went melee, not thinking it was an option when I was new to the game.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Bump!

All idea's good! it sucks wanting to go umm say 2he on enf and starting with a baseballbat and 1hb buff and not being able to use a wep for several levels whilst trying to level in the meantime with minimum fighting skills as you dont wanna waste ip

I personally have always been able to get low ql weps and armor in shops... didnt see a problem just takes some patience.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Erm.....you ever try missions at that level? After all the armor in missions is FREE. Hell every mob you attack to lvl 10 is a 1-1 fight, nothing adds. You could walk around in your skivies and still live
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Give noob chars a lockpick. Nothing is more annoying than getting a mission at lvl 1 and finding locked doors

Now that I can agree with. Every shmuck that joins the army gets a swiss army knife and a lighter. Why not a lockpick?
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

How about more than one weapon for starting characters?

My advent can master pistols and swords yet when I start I only get a solar pistol.

It's the same with other professions.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    Give noob chars a lockpick. Nothing is more annoying than getting a mission at lvl 1 and finding locked doors
    I had a good one the other day, when starting an alt, my level 1 mission had the door from the enterence room to the main room locked

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Rudeboyz
    Erm.....you ever try missions at that level? After all the armor in missions is FREE. Hell every mob you attack to lvl 10 is a 1-1 fight, nothing adds. You could walk around in your skivies and still live
    Not true.

I do missions from lvl 2 on. for the armor, nanos and weapons, or loot to sell. I get adds if there are more then one in the first room. And the starter weapon wont help much when you hit level 3 or above. It just dont do enough damage.

I sometimes run across a NT mob who woudl cut me down to my ancles in one nuke if I didnt have any armor on.

They are not that easy to find as some suggested. I have tried. Got a alt enf. was trying to find a new 1hb weapon. I tried the shops in Tir, Old Athen, West athen, Avalon, Newland and Borealis. All I found was weapons that didnt do more damage then what i already had. Or weapons that did more damage but took atleast 50% more skill then I could get. Maybe if I could get imps in, but I didnt have the cash for it. And as I said. Not everyone got a high level to give them cash or starting equipment.

Sure. you got it a bit easier if you starts an alt, since you do know something about the game. But how about those new arrivals that dont know anything? Enf starts with a 1hb weapon and buff. Even if they are maybe more interested in a 2hb or even Ma style fighting.

Advents starts with a pistol and some might want to go melee. Seeing that there are both pistol and sowrds that are Advent prof only, FC have taken this into consideration... At later levels. not at first.

I suggest maybe a way to pick your starting weapon at the creation of your character. Making those starter wepaon proffesion specific.

But dont disregard the starter shops for higher ql's of the weapons. Also for some starter armor

dis funny... cut you down with one nuke if you didnt have armor on? armor dosent shield nano damage

Oh and yes I agree, I think that a class should be able to pick their starting weopen at the start... for example lets say you pick an enforcer... it will come up with a sub-menu asking what weopen you want to be proficient in.. 2hb for atrox will give a beam.. 2hb for everyone else a hammer as well as a different buff at the start... either that or alter the buffs to buff all your main weopen skills... :P

Originally posted by Militaryman
    dis funny... cut you down with one nuke if you didnt have armor on? armor dosent shield nano damage
    Yeah. your right. Can I change it to nanoresist?

Yo thoram you got AIM, MSN messenger, or ICQ? :P

messenger and ICQ.

Altho not in the name of Thoram.

send me a PM of your ICQ number or MSN name , would like to talk to ya

PM sent. Militaryman. your offline atm tho

im online now, but it says that you havent sent me anything, try again maybe? ;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast