Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swap option: your pvp title for your Title-level title.

Thumbs up

Agree with Kiryat here.

The keyword, people, is optional. See?

Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Because they worked hard to "stick out".
    And this would give everyone the chance to use titles without the effort.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

so...
    if you don't pvp... you're not allowed to stand out, make a name for yourself, get recognized for what you are and what you do?

That what you mean?
    Buford Hitokage Matt

-

Don't fear the night...
    -

-

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Originally posted by Laisak
    Because they worked hard to "stick out".
    And this would give everyone the chance to use titles without the effort.
    Translation: they farmed their title because they thought it was uber.

A Grandmaster title would stick out just as much, or as little, as it does now with this change. People would get used to Saint this and Saint that, but a Grandmaster would still make people go "Wow, he must be good at PvP".

Actually, they'd probably say "Wow, he's a helluva titlefarmer."
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Hehe and Agents are called Grandmaster as well so it would conflict too much

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Hmm, good point Letah.

Guess one or the other title would need to be changed, eh? Or they could just remove PvP titles.

Since this would require a change to the fixer TL6 title, no reason we couldn't get the agents changed at the same time.

Maybe "Bond. James Bond."?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Hitokage
    so...
    if you don't pvp... you're not allowed to stand out, make a name for yourself, get recognized for what you are and what you do?

That what you mean?
    Make a suggestion on what do you have to do to receive these new titles. Don't say a quest that involves camping some uber mob.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Quest? Nah... The titles are allready there... I've worked my way from TL to TL to get it. Probably killing more mobs and crap than the number of players pvp'ers wasted to get to their titles.
    Or do you feel killing players should be the only way to achieve recognition in this game?

Shouldn't the leader of an organisation be allowed to flaunt it?
    Take the Mockers, for instance... an org consisting of nothing but fixers, afaik. Shouldn't at least the leader there be able to wear the title of Kingpin or Crimelord or somesuch without necessarily having to kill x players in pvp.

Shouldn't a tradeskiller be able to present himself by profession title?

But... if you feel killing in PvP holds more merit than fighting the boredom of levelling to the next TL... then I guess we'll never agree here.

Personally, I'ld like to see a greater variation in titles, and have it coming from recognition amongst the playerbase, not necessarily from how many he has grid ganked pre "grace period"-era, or how many times he has borderhugged, or had a doc outside the zone border. Now before you jump to conclusions here, I'm not saying you did, nor am I saying the majority did.
    But the instances in the past has tainted the whole title system, and turned it into a petty scheme where a lot of ppl will run from any fight unless the target is umpteen levels lower, just to keep his title.

If this truly was even remotely close to being an RPG for the majority of players, and not a powertrip for the people with time on their hands, it might even have been acceptable for the title huggers to stand and fight for their faction, even if it cost them a title.
    This also sums up why my idea of titles from player recognition is a moot point... too many players are too hung up on their powerscheme for them to be honest enough for such a system to work.

Btw... as long as you earn recognition (title points) from killing your own, the system is, IMHO, laughable, at best.

Just my 0.02 anyways

And I wanna point out yet again, that I am in no way trying to demean what you've achieved. For all I know, you're a decent chap who never ganked, borderhugged or ran from fights...
    I'm just presenting my general view in this discussion, hence I'm forced to generalize.
    Last edited by Hitokage; Dec 20th, 2002 at 19:19:16.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

-

Don't fear the night...
    -

-

Ooh controversy... too bad it's so weak.

But yes, a few titles would need to be reworked... The Man would be odd, and Chief of Staff Surgery would just be too much of a mouth/eyefull. Ranger might be weird too. Either way, this is still an optional thing... whichever title you want, stays. None of that complex 'no pvp point change when ur title isn't showing' nonesense, it would just change a single word on your screen.

The pvp title system has been, is, and will be completely messed up for quite some time now. Being unfair to people who 'work' for their 'titles' is a completely moot point.

But before people hijack this... I'd rather not argue about the merits of the pvp title system. Take it to the pvp forum, thanks.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

fantastic idea.
    Colonel Londino, it justs looks & sounds cooler. & those who are proud of their PVP titles can still use them. & amongst those who PVP the neophytes & the experiences & the grandmasters are mostly known to each other, so there'd be little benefit in them hiding it to gain a discretionate advantage.
    pleeeeeeeease do this.
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

much rather have title lv title than some pvp titles

Yay, make me Saint Meurgen.

Target player, press T. ;P I would much rather have some other type of titles. Maybe depending on something totally different. Dunno what.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Amount of idiotic comments? zimmy would be hell..

zimmy ;o

"Gluebag Polly666"

o_O

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Target player, press T. ;P I would much rather have some other type of titles. Maybe depending on something totally different. Dunno what.
    Then why not have that for the pvp title as well? Professional Title, and right below it, Conflict Title. What kind of 'other' title would you like hajk?

Thumbs up

This is a great idea, but make it so that you can switch titles as you please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12