Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swap option: your pvp title for your Title-level title.

Swap option: your pvp title for your Title-level title.

This thought struck me today, but when I hit TL6 (soon hopefully) I want to walk around and have Saint Meurgen floating over my head.

I would love an option to have either your PvP title showing, or your title level title. I personally could care less about whichever pvp title I have above my head, and those folks who are actually proud of Neophyte or something similar could indeed show it off. Anyone who doesn't want to could have their Title level name as a prefix to their real name.

This might need a slight reworking of some of the titles, like

The Man Stromm would look odd, and

Chief of Staff Surgery Sheffy would look even odder... however

Saint Meurgen, Don Akarah, Grand Master Assassin Hermione1, General Sultanx, CEO Asmoran, Legend Demnspawnt, and even Ranger Sohjiro

would look pretty durned cool

Heh, those names above are just the random friends I talked to about the idea.

What do you think?
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I think that'd rock. That's what I think.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

I want to be Leet Savior Missmaul.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

This would be cool, and would get rid of this stupid pvp title system for those of us who don't want anything to do with it.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

hmm I'd so want President in front of my name
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Yeah almost forgot the crats. President would look just great...

I think it would be a tasteful way of getting rid of the pvp title system for those (many) folks out there who never wanted it in the first place.

I like the idea. But I'd prefer that you have control over what title is displayed at any given time.

For example, if you're on the battlefield, any PvP title you've earned is probably most significant. In a guild meeting, your guild level may be more relevant. Whereas in the general social environment of the city, your prof title may be what you want people to recognize. Lastly, though, in some contexts, you may not want to emphasize any title.

People play various roles, and they often manipulate their presentation for specific purposes. Revealing or hiding titles is one way that's done.

Master Suupaslap
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Originally posted by Wraith God
    I like the idea. But I'd prefer that you have control over what title is displayed at any given time.

For example, if you're on the battlefield, any PvP title you've earned is probably most significant. In a guild meeting, your guild level may be more relevant. Whereas in the general social environment of the city, your prof title may be what you want people to recognize. Lastly, though, in some contexts, you may not want to emphasize any title.

People play various roles, and they often manipulate their presentation for specific purposes. Revealing or hiding titles is one way that's done.
    Exactly, the option could just be a small dropdown menu in the options menu. Just choose: PvP title, guild title, or TL title.

Can't be THAT hard to impliment. :\

Made-Man Morianda (enf)
    The Man Silkyblade (fixer)

Naw, first they need to remove some male-only titles

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Techno-Wizard Nediar

Hrm.. I like
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

The Man MsMuffet

I dunno about that...

Yeah a few would need to be reworked, but I always thought they looked funny anyways (am I the only person who hits T constantly to view char info when i'm runnin through town?)

Bump! I really do wanna be Saint Meurgen.

And yeah nedair, techno-wizard would be sweet too.

Is this too much to ask! D: more bumpage. Gimme lots of attention folks.

Hehe yeah I outwear my T button and my F12

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Or forum titles (not serious, but anyway...)

Phear Suupaslap
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

How about just Stromm Is The Man?

Would still look funny with female fixers, though...

Lilnymph Is The Man?

(there was a thread in the fixer forum about changing the TL6 fixer title, it has since dropped off, don't know what's going on with that, but there were some great ideas in there)
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Yeah this would be a nice incentive to fix some of the... odd... titles out there.

Anyone else like this idea? The question here is how on earth do we get it noticed?

Even if you guys don't want anything to do with PvP, there is actually people who put quite a lot of effort to achieve those titles. I guess they mean something to them.

Please don't add an option to what kind of title you want show. Not fair to the PvP'ers.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Techno-Wizard Cain 'Centurion3' Tapanes.... yupp... yupp...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

WTF?

How is it not fair to the PvPers? They still get to keep their titles (hug them and such).

It just gives a little more personality to the rest of us, who don't gascamp and title hug. The idea wasn't to remove PvP titles (although I personally think that's a great idea too), the idea was to allow the display of an alternate title if the player chooses.

Jesus, no matter what change is suggested, someone will call it a nerf... I could suggest fixing lag, and someone would complain it would be unfair to the 56k players, who would then have a bigger disadvantage compared to the broadband folks.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast