Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A level limit on dungeons would make em more fun!

wait..!

I think that a lvl cap is utter bull. I went to the SoM when I was lvl 40 .. you know who I brought with me, a lvl 80+ engie 2 lvl 90+ MA's and a lvl 90+ doc. They where guild mates of mine, and they where willing to help me get the Nelebs Robe I wanted (After all isn't that what life is about helping your freinds). Just last weekend. Myself now at lvl 91, Yehz(I wish I knew how to spell your damn name man sorry :P ) and Waterlilly took 3 of our freinds through SoM to get them 3 a Neleb's robe, why, because they where our freinds. Just ealier that day I went to SoM with another team (all 90+) to help one our team members get a robe that he had never gotten. Now your saying I have no right to go to the SoM because I am over a certien lvl, that is utter crap. I mean if the lvl cap where true then Lokgen would be SOL and without a robe forever because he just didn't get one when he was lower lvl. And you say that you have no problem with a lvl 150 crat going in and getting the orders for the suit .. but you have a problem with a 100+ enforcer doing so. what if that enforcers best freind or wife was a crat. You complain about etiquette (damn I can't spell). I mean why do you care why he is there, he earned the right to be there just the same as you, he trudged through all the crap and got there, your just pissed cuz now you have to wait your turn. SO WHAT. I guess its not as bad on rk-2 I don't know what its like on rk-1. I will agree with increase spawn times (to an extent) and making it so one person can loot in a certien amount of time and even making the items no drop (like neleb's robe) so the enforcer would have to bring his crat friend with him. but the key here is he has every right to be there that you do. To say he shouldn't be there because he is to high lvl is utter crap. I myself have never gone after crat orders for someone, I have gone with someone to clear the dungoen (I picked me up the scope from TIM and she picked up the orders from the guy). I think making it nodrop would make it a little more realistic, but lvl caps suck period end of story I am gonna stop beating the poor dead horse.
    -Devis
    Director of The Fellowship
    RK-2

*eleven-weeks-with-no-answer-bump*

When the steps of madness was put in, only X players (not sure of the number) could enter before a new (and empty one) spawned. This messed up teams pretty badly, so they took it out. What I suggest is some kind of unique NPC that you talk to that stands outside the dungeon.

They will give you a key (similar to appartment keys) that you can copy. They should also sell key duplicators. Then you can get the people you want into the dungeon, and you don't have to worry about campers or anyone else.

As it is now, at RK-1, everytime I've checked out SoM, there has been at least 15 people camping Neleb.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Melchior,

My thought exactly. A machine outside that gives a dungeon key (like a mission key) that can then be duplicated and used to the player's hearts desire.

Scorus

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...start=25412756

>>Will you, learn from your mistakes, and put these very nice items, and unique drop henchmen, into new 6 person team or solo only "static" dungeons.<<
    Our static dungeon entry-system isn't set up traditionally, although they're closer to what's gone before than the "one-dungeon-per-player" ACGs the mission terminals will give you. The static dungeons are instanced like ACGs, but every dungeon has a different max number of players, depending on size. So far the number has been between 12 and 18, or 2-3 groups (for the might of the Tarrasque, Camelot is an exception). There are several reasons we wanted more than one group through the door. We want the powerful bosses to encourage teams to work together, we want there to be someone else in the dungeon to recruit from if a team member leaves, we want interaction between the dungeoneers (and no, I don’t mean grief-trains & loot squabbles). There are certainly issues to be resolved before our static dungeons are exactly where we want them, but there are non-griefers that are having fun with it ( http://www.aorealms.com/forums/gener...asp?ID=D013155 ), and we can only keep trying to get them to where we want. Stuff we’d like to do include improving loot delegation (no ninja-farming if we can help it) and more control over just who it is that ends up in the same dungeon instance. AO was on release built around the generated missions, so its taking us a little time to adjust everything to work optimally for the statics.
    Nothing earth shattering there in terms of keeping griefers and non-griefers apart. Likewise, Cranium (who I respect as one of the few honest FC presences) doesn't even seem to acknowledge the letdown of fighting through a dungeon to find it empty at the end or camped.

Can it possibly be true that Camelot spawns a new instance after 3 full teams are inside? If this were the case, we could get 18 lowbies in our guild to simultaneously enter it and then the rest of us could have a dungeon crawl minus the griefers.

But .... some news is better than no news.

I like the idea of a different dungeon spawning for each group that goes in. But I have an additional idea. A level check is done and if the average level of the group is a certain percentage above the levels that the dungeon was meant for, then the mobs in that dungeon spawn at a level appropriate for the average level of the group.

That is to say if the average level of the group is oh say 150, then the mobs that spawn are appropriate to level 150. You want the crat suit? Fine, great. Then FIGHT your way through the dungeon for it like everyone else!

This would only apply to groups that are much higher than what the dungeon was designed for. A group that has an average level of 30 would still get slaughtered in the Longest Road dungeon.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

A level limit would make them totally UBER boring, BUT: Oki, I understand its damn irritating some lvl 150+ <insert profession here> comes and kills everything and get to loot the boss in for example Steps of Madness or the Foreman dungeon.

What can be done: Well, I am against a lvl limit, cause to denie all higher lvls to get the nice boss loot would be so damn wrong. BUT it can be done in another way.... for example, we can have one dungeon for lvl 1-74 and one for 75+. So when you zone in, a lvl 150 will come to a paralell dungeon of what a lvl 56 would. The entrance will be the same for all, but after zoning, you will be in paralell dungeons.
    NT phone HOME!!

When that group of 5 lvl180's and one lvl31 go into the Steps of Madness, the MOB's should have hitpoints and damage multiplied by 5 to provide them a fun challenge.

Val

You would have gotten alot more people on your Side if you put "Storm" in your title somewhere :OP

Anyways level limits are stupid.

A better solution would to have each dungeon designed then have 4 different levels 1-75, 76-110, 111-150, 151-200. Each dungeon having higher level Mobs and higher level item drops. This way people wouldnt feel left out of a dungeon and leet items. Nothing wrong with making them work for it, but dont leave them out entirely.

Never forget about the ENTIRE player base when you are trying to improve an idea gone wrong. Otherwise you will get nothing but flames. If your name is NikkiDial you will get flames regardless and just post anyways :O)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123