Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credits in Chests.

Credits in Chests.

How about having cred's in chest at least then when you open a chest that contains no items you at least get something.
    The amount doesn't have to be much could just be in the region of mission QL times 100.

Any thoughts from anyone, and here's hoping that Funcom put this in.
    And you though it was safe to come out.

50% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Thinwizel

sure. why not? heck, i wouldn't care if it was ql/10, it would still feel like i got something. kinda like when i kill some random grey mob for no other reason that it makes me feel cool to kill something in one hit... and the 120 creds i get for it... yay!

but yea, creds in chests of about ql *10 to ql *100 would be good, for those of us that are easy to please. =)
    Last edited by Nable7; Dec 13th, 2002 at 11:58:36.

Yes ! I dont remember seeing this suggestion before actually...and I cant imagine why.

What is better than finding actual Treasure in a Treasure Chest ?

More money and jewels in chests !
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

I totally agree........

But let's add some ****e.

In every mission there is at least one Chest that will kill you for sure.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

A gamemaster's perspective

Putting a little cash in chests would be a great idea, save for some IC conciderations. Credits (the galaxy's primary means of exchange) are NOT actual cash. That is, theres no such thing as a 100-cred note in this gameworld, nor a quarter-cred coin. The Credit is a standard, =electronic= means of exchange, registered via galactic banks into individual accounts. I havent any clue what backs the Credit, on first glance you'd assume Notum, but the Credit has been in use for thousands of years before notum was discovered.

The way it works is that The Powers That Be (one can assume Omnitek, but that creates some continuity problems for the Clans. Perhaps the ICC?) have set credit bounties for all of the various fauna and flora on RK. Just touching a recently-killed carcass regesters the amount that critter was worth to your account. Im guessing this information transfer is a function of your NCU, but I havent any grounds for that assumption.

Gameworld-mechanics aside, I'd love to see cred in chests. I cant for the life of me figure out why someone would lock AND trap an empty chest...
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

you could find 'cred sticks' that add cash to your accounts when you 'use' ( click ) them. that make mechanics ok?

yeah could be that some fool locked their cred stick in the chest for later use but along comes your character and murd.. erm kills the guy.

I think I like the cred stick idea.

Thinwizel

Mmm, I like this idea. Bumpity bump bump.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Arrow

Bumpa.
    Everyone needs credits.
    Not everyone needs a meat loaf plate or a can of soda.
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Doh

Sometimes I cant see the forest for the trees. Yup, credsticks are a perfect soloution.

Bumpage
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Thought they supposely fixed the empty chest loot thing a long time ago .. then again did every really remove full heal from mobs like they said they planned to.

I stopped looting chest myself long time ago. Bracers were only worth while thing I ever found then they got nerfed.

Originally posted by Hemicrusher<br>Lost Chapter
    I totally agree........

But let's add some ****e.

In every mission there is at least one Chest that will kill you for sure.

yesssssssssssssssss

Might be interesting if there actually was one chest that could kill you. Might make people more cautious and actually try to disarm the trap rather than just taking the hit.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Sounds good!

Bump
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

I would just like to see better loot in chests period...mostly in single player missions. Team missions is always better.
    8-)

I agree. Most chests are barely worth looting if your team is slow. Solo mission chests hold almost nothng for most people.
    Either add creds that do not take space in your inventory or improve the loot to something with value (I do not want tradeskill items!).

Come on AO add this creds idea these suggestions are excellent.

BUMP

Thinwizel

Bump! Would love this also.

Maybe we could equip the cred sticks and use them as 1-1(1) Weapons of mass destruction! Muhahahaha *cough cough*

er... uh... bump :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast