Thread: Put Tir Grid Back Plz

Put Tir Grid Back Plz

Ok, sure lag sucked where tir grid used to be. But Now!!!!!!!!!!! I try to zone out of S gate and go ld. Then can't log back in for like 30-an hour. Its not just me either I know a few ppl who its done this to. And sometimes if u log out at the grid area u can't log in until some ppl has left or whatever. This is lame and needs to be fixed.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Ya, tir grid sucks now. I dunno about the rest of you but I'm using the new old athens grid now, saves/shops/mission terms all close it it. Screw tir.

However I'll put forth what I think should be in tir again. 2 grid points in tir, a high level one where it was before requiring 300 comp lit and exiting on the 2nd level of the grid, and the old lowbie one moved to the sw corner of tir. No 500 little grey leets right outside the grid lagging the place up.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

No, keep Tir Grid where it is.

The problem is not the grid location.

The problem are the players thronging around it like mindless sheep.

- They did that in NE Tir
    - The Grid was moved AWAY from NE Tir to alleviate the problem
    - Far too many players FAILED to think about this at all and followed, moaning about the lag they created themselves.

It is not an FC created problem. It is a player created problem.

So instead of whining at FC about doing a sensible move, whine at the sheep at the Grid.

I mean come ON. You lag up the grid simply because you cannot be bothered to zone into Tir ?

NL Grid has been outdoors for a long time, and while there are always some people around the main congregation is INSIDE NLC.

IF you have to change anything at all, REMOVE the mission terms and banks outside the Tir gates.

The paper thin excuse for not zoning into Tir is "convenience" so lets make it inconvenient to loiter outside the grid
    Last edited by Seid; Dec 13th, 2002 at 13:28:45.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

I find it easier to load all the people if I go out West gate then run South to the grid. At least that way I'm not forced to load everyone outside South gate all at once.

I still think the grid enterance should be put back where it came from. BUT, place the grid drop point outside south gate. This at least splits the sheep into two groups. People wanting to enter the grid go to the normal place beside The Rock/by5, while people exiting the grid are placed outside South gate.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

I agree with Seid. Remove the terminals. Better still move the Grid point southwest so that it is out of visual range of Tir, but the same distance from both the W and S gates. People then have a choice to exit the west or south gate to get to it, plus as there is nothing of importance by the grid point (like Newland) no-one will camp it.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

lol, you guys get right started on convincing all the people around the tir grid to hang out elsewhere! Meanwhile I'll be hoping funcom will find a solution that might actually work .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Dev reply

Here
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

There's no need to convince anyone. Separate the grid exit and the booths/save points and you will have a reduced camp at the grid. Again, look at Newland.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

why move it again, just add another grid area to tir.. one inside, one outside or one on each side of inside tir.. that would reduce the ammount of people hanging out at one grid area. its not a hard problem to solve.. its also not the problem with mission terminals. its that people are to lazy to run to a grid terminal if they have no fixer in team.. Make 2 grid terminals and reduce lag..

just my 2 credits worth

I could argue that I never have an issue with the current grid location. The old one sucked. BS has more lag than Tir. Then again, BS steps are a ghost town now!

It could also be argued that omni Ent is more laggy than Tir grid...
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich