Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stop patching all the time!

Angry Stop patching all the time!

Stop patching all the damn time will you?

Can't you get things right at patch day?

This is the third time in three weeks you guys patch...
    As I live in europe this is annoying for me cos you always patch when I can play ... 2 pm GMT ...

last week same story ... even more annoying ... servers down for initial patch of 6 hours ... then up for 30 minutes and down for another hour or two ...

Week before last week .. similar **** ...

Can't you guys do it right for once?

*pissed off*

Can't you just Get it right the first time just for ones FC plz

/pissed off 2

btw What is it this time ????? !!!!!

and 3 hours !!
    3dmax is a way of life

210 Ma. Techlog
    175 Doc. Tecdoc
    145 Mp. Tecmeta

/sigh

maybe another bug or an exploit
    Last edited by Dreams; Dec 12th, 2002 at 15:33:22.
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

*bump*Not gonna change, but bump anyway.

I think its a little harsh to bash funcom for having to patch. I too have been slightly upset at the massive patch times this week, 6hrs. now 3hrs. and although I live in the U.S my schedule dictates playing in the early morning hours. But still, if something goes horribly wrong I would much rather lose a few hours of playtime than be totally screwed by a bug or watch the world get destroyed by a major exploit. It would be nice if all of the bugs could be caught but with the constant demand for new content and the shrinking times spent in test its unrealistic to suspect that they all will be.

First ppl complain about bugs, lag etc, and then when FC tries to fix them, whine about that the servers are down. So, it’s the third patch in two days? I’d rather have FC fix something that’s broken or became broken after a new patch, then just let it be there until the next “big” patch a month away.

Don’t worry, you will get time to play, go do something productive or just go watch some TV. It's just three hours. If you can’t play later? Well, though luck, but keep in mind that the servers won’t go anywhere, they will be there tomorrow, if FC aren’t patching that is

Just my two cents.
    Nopherx - level 200 Adventurer
    Nopherius - level 202 Fixer, Board Member of Inner Circle
    350+ fixerlevels

You people are sad. Finally we get them working HARD to fix bugs and get new stuff in the game all the time now and you complain?

Lives must be gotten here. Patches are good things. Repeat it with me children......Patches are good things.

If you cannot take 4-5 hours of not being on Rubi-Ka, then let me the first to tell you, you are no longer welcome in the human society and should be forced out of the gene pool.

Do I sound bitter?

-----good.

Originally posted by Borisen
    First ppl complain about bugs, lag etc, and then when FC tries to fix them, whine about that the servers are down. So, it’s the third patch in two days? I’d rather have FC fix something that’s broken or became broken after a new patch, then just let it be there until the next “big” patch a month away.

Don’t worry, you will get time to play, go do something productive or just go watch some TV. It's just three hours. If you can’t play later? Well, though luck, but keep in mind that the servers won’t go anywhere, they will be there tomorrow, if FC aren’t patching that is

Just my two cents.
    I totally aggre with you. Fixing stuff is good.

...but I would still like to know what they're fixing. But then again, it may be a sploit, and I wouldn't want (or expect) FunCom to say too much about sploits.

It seems that people are never happy.

I think it worth fixing the bugs regardless how long and often they have to patch it.

The thing is, with each patch they release, they introduce at least as many bugs as they fixed. Maybe a few bugs will be fixed after this 3 hours patch, but a bunch of new bugs will pop up also.

The mistake is at FC's side, bugs should never have been there in the first place, sure there's no software company that release bugless software, but there's limits to what's acceptable. There's no need to prove that the programmers working at FC lack some competence. Both the excessive downtime and big amount of bugs are a result of that.

I noticed I was able to charm the hat/glasses npc dude.

I have to wonder what other huge game breaking bugs were introduced in this patch. Considering its a client patch as well, it was probably pretty serious.
    Maybe it was the broken towers?

Oh and be careful when frontin' on the developers, usually its managment imposing totally unreasonable deadlines on things, so they end up just duct taping the thing and pushing it out the door with known bugs.

Not sure what the rush was though, Notum Wars is out, they should be in 100% bugfix and balance mode, not introducing new dungeons and hats/sunglass merchant. As much as I love content, I'd rather have a less buggy game, and seperate patches into new content patches and bugfix patches, and not release another "new content" one until they're sure they got the bugs nailed.
    Last edited by Ratty; Dec 12th, 2002 at 16:06:05.

Hey, if every time the servers went down FC fixed a bug and removed an exploit, I'd be happy to have them patch every day. I dont know that this is the case today, I hope it is, but...

One thing alot of poeple don't realize is that those of us who play during the normal patch times get the shaft every time, in just about any online game in existance. It is understandable, from a business standpoint, that companies want to affect(effect? i never get it right heh) the smallest number of players with their downtime. However when one sees "servers are down" time and again, one has little patience for logic, however sound it may be. If companies would cut us a break even a few times a year , and announce this time we're thinking of our off-peak players for a change it would be quite refreshing. Especially when servers come down on consecutive days.

patch as often as necessary even though those patches allways cost me a day of playing :/

dear FC please try to avoid the second downtime after the patch is up.
    Nopex NanoTechnican Rimor
    Oh great and mighty Devs, stay thine nurf bat. Insted into thine C++ codex and shower forth love and cool items apon my profession. Oh Great Devs, I beesheche thee! Bring forth love apon my profession, so that all thine other creations might know thine glory, and not laff whence i call out 'I am Not a gimp!'
    Amen -Steppenrazor

Hey, im not complaining, this way ill be FORCED into studying for finals . Besides, I remember hearing from friends, when this game was first out, how buggy it was.. They obviously have to be getting some things right? Yeah it sucks they chose a time I wanted to get on, but can't make everyone happy.. And I agree that they should chaneg the times around so the people who play at "non-peak" hours (conserving "bandwidth" ) should have their chance.. .. But maybe it is an emergency? Anyone know of what this patch is about? I mean if it was just some little ol patch, Im sure they would have at least waited till next wednesday same time..

Then again, im still a noob.

Come on, addicts, look at it as an OPPORTUNITY to DO something with your life for 3 hours I know I am... er.. right after.. I read just one more forum thread...

Seriously, Funcom has such a great base of fanboys. They don't patch, they get bashed. They patch, they get bashed. They add more goodies like hats and glasses, they get bashed. Bash bash bash. Woo! Users are never ever happy, nope nope.

I did take the day off from work, though.. *cough* *cough* and wouldn't you know it
    my favorite game is as sick as I am.

Oh well...

Let 'em fix the bugs.
    Garfield Babump Houston - RK2 Clan Fixer, L 156
    Pasquale Raisins Silvestrini - RK1 Omni Fixer, L 81
    (No, I am not a recurring character on the Sopranos)
    [url=http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/sanotrix]

Thumbs down

You guys missed the point of the author's post. The point of the post is not to complain the necessity of patching, but the fact that the patching themselves are not properly tested and as a result of the patches not being properly tested, leads to more patching of the previous patches in order to fix any problems which had arose from the intial patches. Which equals to longer down time.

Funcom a professional Online Gaming company, with their staff that is assumed to be competent, is simply EXPECTED to be at least able to introduce a patch that does not consequently require an "emergency" patch to fix, 30 minutes later upon being released live. They are afterall, a company with a clientele.

Again, its not the author's intent to challenge the legitimacy of whether a patch is needed or not. The author of the thread, is simply asking why it is not within Funcom's power to be more professional concerning the integrity of their patches.

But I think we already know why Funcom isn't that great with patching anyway.

bunch of knuckleheads. a month ago people were whining that FC wasn't patching enough. they didn't care about bugs being patched to live, they just wanted the next patch. now FC is patching more regularly and people don't want patches. i'm sure glad my bowel movements aren't this indeciseve and whiny.

It shouldn't take 6 hours to "fix" 4 bugs, actually 3, I still got the black doors problem. Today 3 hours downtime for another 3-4 "bugfixes". They can perfectly well write the client and server patch, test it on Test or even local, then patch the live servers in less than 30 minutes. Obviously they're not just fixing bugs but messing around with more stuff of which they rather keep us unaware of. 9 hours to fix 7 bugs ? That's bs There's no excuse taking this long to "fix bugs".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast