Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omnis invade Clan territory

Cool

actually,since rubi ka secondus (RK2) is owned by the omni tek corp.
    omni guilds and persons will go where they please.
    damn squatters
    Director Briern
    Omni-Engineering G.E.A.R. Division.

Post Omni Fails To Understand - Again

First, let's get something straight.

The Clans are groups of people who have the Council of Truth (CoT) available as a Voice/Representative for the Moderate Clans. We are seperate units living under our own rules, enjoying the beauty of freedom. It is precious to us and we would be willing to sacrifice our lives if it preserves it...

Omni-Tek is a corporation. It can make singular decisions and the rest of the organization (ie, employees) must follow the direction of it's directors. Omni-tek can therefore make very fast decisions.

The Council of Truth only represents moderate but not extremist clans. The CoT must also go through a much longer process to get approvals and to unify everyone behind them which is not an easy thing to do.

Philip Ross approached US (the Clans) about peace talks. We are NOT one nation or a corporation but rather many entities. If your leadership wished or wishes to have a chance to establish peace then they must do two things:

1) Understand (and respect) the mechanisms by which the CoT must move and act.

2) Respect our sovereignty and territorial rights.

It appears to me that with the case of the Dust Brigade, the Omni-Tek hierarchy wanted the CoT to move faster than it did and (while doing so) comprimise the security of many clans that were not Dust Brigade. Furthermore, their blatant disrespect and inapprorpriate actions in using such heavy military force to conduct their investigation clearly demonstrated a threat to much more than just the Dust Brigade. It represented a threat to the clans in general.

If YOU wish to have peace with us then conduct your business in an appropriate fashion. Your methods re: the "investigation" signaled that you will cross into other people's territories and terrorize them whenever and however you please. You will do it when it suits your pleasure.

Be WARNED! The actions that we took against you this week is only a preliminary. Should you continue such behavior you will get more of this. Two of your precious command juggernauts were destroyed. Pray that your actions do not provoke us any further!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chancellor Chris "Atilius" Thompon
    The Eternal-Flame Guild
    www.eternal-flame.org

"Yesterday we obeyed Kings and bent our necks before Emperors...But today we kneel only before Truth." - Khalil Gibran
    Last edited by Atilius the Hun; Jan 24th, 2002 at 06:26:37.

Finally!

/ooc
    Thank you! I've been trying to say that everywhere and its nice to see someone agrees with me
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Smile No Problem :)

I might have gotten some of my ideas from you bud. I've been reading posts, press releases, etc. about this whole thing for some time now. Sheesh, if Omni were such a great corporation, why do they fail to understand the most basic things? Heh.

Re: Omnis invade Clan territory

Originally posted by Windie
    Get out of the Perpetual wastes, you don't beling here.

also, you started it, don't forget

This coming from someone who came to Rubika to work for a company, quit the job .. then decided they could "Lay claim" to land that dosn't belong to them.

How about you get off Rubika .. you don't belong here

Oh dear

You would have very vaild points but for one major point that is there is not such thing as clan land. I am wondering how many times this has to be pointed out. ICC granted Omni-Tek the lease for the planet in which it brough the miners to Rubi-Ki who later rebelled to become the clans. Under this condition you have no rights on Rubi-Ki you are in fact still on Omni-Tek land and in all reality you are under Omni-Tek law.

On a futher point the Dusts actions where commited against Omni-Tek on Omni-Tek land so they did come under Omni-Tek law. Smashabasha not sure where you lived before but I have never heard of you having to agree to a law in order for it to apply to you. If this is the lawless way the clans behave its no wonder you do little to stop outlaws and terroists. How do you expect to have your own land when you cannot even control your own people.

You claim you have freedom, to speak, to work where you want, to wear what you want. But are you really telling me you allow people to kill whom they want, to set bombs and blow people up at will.

Dont forget Dust did blow up a residential building and killed innocent people living there. You cannot claim it was an act of war, it was nothing more than an act of total terror.

You tell us that the clans are allowed to run roit and then wonder why Omni-Tek has to have an armed force to enter clan lands to route out terrorists that the COT where not going to deal with !!!!!!!!!!.

On the COT if you are telling us that the COT has no control over the clans then what is the point in us even talking to them. You cant tell us in one post you want to talk about peace when you cannot even follow your own elected group.

Whats the point in Omni-Tek having any agreements with COT if the clans are not going to honour it. As for EndGame (OOC lol who in the world came up with that as a name) from what I have heard this is the 3rd try at the clans have had in forming a Organistion. In a few weeks time it is bound to go the way of the others and be split with guild leaders all seeking more power. Even if this is not the case if you cant follow COT why in the world do you expect us to think Endgame (lol still cant believe the name) will be any different.

Of course, if you knew your history, you'd realize that it WAS clan lands and that through the ICC and OT in the past the clans had been granted a limited lease similar to that of Omni-Tek's original lease. Of course, you've since violated that agreement a number of times. But your own perfidy is not an excuse.

Oh, and for your information, I have never been an employee of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka or Omni-Tek Unlimited. It may surprise you to know that there is more to existence than your own lumbering corporation.

(ooc: I apologize that said history only actually became evident today. Gee, thanks Funcom, for getting the timeline out in such a timely fashion! :P )

A couple of things-

1- Peace would be great! OT doesn't have time for peace so we will have to resort to war!
    2- Yes! Stop talking to the CoT! They have no real power!
    3- No, the CoT is NOT the elected body to run the clans. At least, I know I didn't vote. Talk with EndGame for peace negotiations.
    4- Whether you like it or not, OT gave us the north. Thus it is no longer OT land. Therefore it is NOT OT territory. So that means it is CLAN territory. So to second Windie's motion-

"Get out of the Perpetual wastes, you don't belong here.

also, you started it, don't forget"

And you did start it- You remember those 74 atrox you let die because of "costs"? If that's not provoking, I don't know what is.

/ooc
    hehe Atilius- thanks! glad to know that there is someone who likes my political babbling
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 25th, 2002 at 00:06:23.

( OOC the history was timely but where are the neutrals have i missed them ?)

Funny you seem to have a different view of events, perhaps the clan pages or history are some what different so i will post them here.

The clans are granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek in return for an end to all future armed hostilities and the continued cooperation with Omni-Tek's mining operations. This is the Clans Rights Treaty - the true birth of Rubi-Kan independence.

Oh and end to all future armed hostilities now you seem to have broken that one time and time again. By doing this you have broken the rights Treaty and in effect given up any legal claim you had to the land. In this condition the land would become Omni-Teks as given in the ICC lease. If you fail to uphold your side of the Rights Treaty you will be asked to leave the planet or we will petition ICC to have you removed from our land.

Just out of interest but who is in charge of Endgame this week only its hard to keep track of with some many guilds claiming they are the people in charge and i should speak to them ?

Kirrana

We acted in self defense against repeated Omni aggression. If you are referring to the Dust Brigade's terrorist activities, they are not covered under the Limited Lease Treaty. And just wondering, where are you getting your info as to what would break the treaty? And I mean the real treaty, not the Omni doctored one, just in case you were wondering.

Talking Re: Omnis invade Clan territory

None of your posturing and carrying on will make your claim to any part of Rubi-Ka valid. There is no clan sovereignty on Rubi-Ka. You are all criminals and have no claim to any territory.

And you are right, we did start it. We made Rubi-Ka what is today. Without Omni-Tek there is no Rubi-Ka.

?

You have done no research on this or have any idea what we are talking about do you? Typical Omni plan to do before you think.
    The clans DO have a claim to sovreignty. Tje Clans Rights Treaty.

"The clans are granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek in return for an end to all future armed hostilities and the continued cooperation with Omni-Tek's mining operations. This is the Clans Rights Treaty - the true birth of Rubi-Kan independence."

It would seem to me that OmniTek instigated the armed hostilities here.
    Here, let me spell it out for you- you came into the *northern* part of Rubi Ka in an area that is officially *clan* land according to the Clans Rights Treaty, thus it would be *our* territory. You came with people that had guns. That would be armed because you have guns. You coming into *our* territory with *armed* people means you have started an*armed hostility*. Therefore, you started it, A) By your own admission and, B) Well, because you did. So, these are still our lands because you started the hostilities, we came in to peacefully remove you, you resisted, we defended ourselves. It is as simple as that. So don't talk about what you don't know. I know it is Omni custom but trust me, you'll do better off breaking this one tradition. Maybe you'll live a little longer.
    So....
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your time.

Uwen

Sabulum is NOT clan territory

http://community.anarchy-online.com/...d/sabulum.html

I quote : Omni-Pol media liaison Burton Shogren said to Headline Services that Silverstone's comments are baseless:

"The perpetual wastelands are not recognised as clan-held territory by the Tir Accord, and the city of Sabulum therefore falls under direct Omni-Tek control.

End quote.

It is ours, we have gone well out of our way to try and avoid incidents. If we had not known that clanners would immediatly jump at the chance to attack any official OT personnel, we would have had no need for an armed force. Sadly this is the case though, and the armed forces are neccessary for our protection while the operation is being conducted.

Omni won your attacks.
    I was there from the start, and I was one of the last to leave, after logging on to my lvl 56 enf to finish off a lower player which I felt sorry for and didnt attack, and he was in vikings and they made war with us, hehe

It was after the players left you destroyed the vehicles, not during.

And it funny how they still stand.

I am going to make a new post in this forum about what else happened.

Ill call it the "uber Clanner NPC's"

Interesting

Could you please show me where in the Tir accords that the different territories are marked down?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Okay I am honestly confused by all of this. The clans if I understand correctly are "claiming" the Perpetual Wastes are thiers per the Tir Accord? Yes? no?
    If yes then I can nor find that area by name in
    "Annex 1A: Territoral Division:
    Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, Athen, Athen Shire, Aegan, Northern Artery Valley, The Big One, Avalon, Mort, Newland, and Western Endless Plains.

The remaining terraformed areas on the planet will remain under complete Omni-Tek control and subject to the ICC lease of 28708.

Council-affiliated parties will remain in thier allocated districts where they are subject to Council supervision. The moment they enter Omni-Tek controlled areas, they will be subject to Omni-Tek law and control.

The Council and its affiliates will remain withing the area they have been allocated, and will cease any expansion in their territorial claim."

If you are claiming that you are not affiliated with the Council, then per The Tir Accord

"General Framework Agreement.

(last paragraph)
    "This agreement is between Omni-Tek and the Council only, and any personnel not affiliated with either Omni-Tek or the Council is considered under Omni-Tek control, and subject to Omni-Tek law."

IF I read this document correctly if you are either subject to Council or Omni-Teks laws and control?

Honestly, I am a simple Doctor, yes I am under contract to Omni-Tek. I came to Rubi-Ka to practice healing. I would prefer to not treat wounds inflicted by weapons, but you all seem hell bent on killing each other.

If some one can logically explain how Perpetual Wastes is in fact a Council controled area, I would appreciate it.

thank you in advance

Lyda Carnalla, Major
    Medical Services, Division 9
    Last edited by Seloth; Jan 25th, 2002 at 23:16:00.

/OOC

/OOC
    Bah the only reason we we had a hard time was because you buggars needed a couple Command Juggernautss

Uwen

(OOC: Heck, I got out my political map from Funcom, and you're right, Perp Wastelands are officially listed as "Neutral", my bad! I also notice the territories listed as offically Clan Controlled are exactly the ones you mention, which leaves lots of strange gaps in the clan nation (although, to be fair, the intervening territories are usually listed as "clan influenced"... Also, would be nice if two of the territories listed were actually current playfields. I want the city of Sparta, dang it. One small problem with the official lists though, if you want to play it that way, it pretty much means that Newland and MeetMeDere are both CLAN cities)

Re: Salubum is ours!

Omni has been cleared out, 2 comand juggernauts down.

Stay out of our lands, you've been warned.

"Our land" ??? Rubi-Ka in its entirety was owned by Omni-Tek. The clans used terrorism to force Omni-Tek to offering treaties to protect its loyal people.
    Last edited by Solrael; Jan 26th, 2002 at 00:33:26.

Newland City is neutral. The area around it (called Newland Desert and Newland, I think) is clan area.

This means that the city, or outpost, of Meetme Dere IS clan territory. The Omni forces there are only ment to be used in emergencies. Any Omni employee that attacks anyone in this area should get thrown into jail. They are breaking the agreements with ICC.

Why this isn't happening is beyond my knowledge.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast