Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Christ Sake give the MAs a rootbreaker.

For Christ Sake give the MAs a rootbreaker.

Before you start whining and *****ing about MAs becoming overpowered, 1, I am a Fixer 2, I can take most MA's CC combat 3, Im able to chainroot them forever then usual specials killing em off.

Alltho chain rooting is an ability for my proff its starting to feel really lame so FC, Give the MA's somekindof Root Breaker, Like rage or something ;P they prolly need it more then the enfs do now anyway.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Give everyone a working root breaker. Roots right now are just silly.

I thought it funny that Agents, Traders, and a few other Ranged Proffessions got Root breaking nano's a few patches ago when all the MA got was a **** worthless move that doesn't work and its only appeal is its animation.

Normal FC logic though, nothing suprising.

I agree Xixxxor its complete BS heh myself I've never played an MA higher then lv 100 so I wont claim I know everythign about MAs, I dont, But I do know of my own power in PvP (Especially with Rooting)

I also know MA's die like flies in PvP, I hardly see the balance in having a victim constantly rooted unable do to anything, Right now Roots VS MA's are 100x Worse then any Deprive.

And yes I am pretty aware MAs -can- use bows, But Cmon guys they are supposed to be the masters of meele combat.. Give them some kindof protection from roots ffs.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

/terminate

breaks all roots
    TOMTEMOR

heh thx Marlamin we do need indeed a root breaker

FC... as you can see.. MA are not the only one to say that we need one
    The "Lanfeust23" Bride MA 220/20 -eqp-
    Gothys "Lanfy" Clone Adv 208/8
    Saeba "Triiad" Ryo Sold 200
    Yoshihiro "Leoliosan" Togashi Doc 200

Members of Tranquility

CAVAMEULER !!

Nobody can answer me this Question.
    So..

'Back on release, were roots ORIGINALLY Intended for escape?'

Originally posted by Xixxxor
    I thought it funny that Agents, Traders, and a few other Ranged Proffessions got Root breaking nano's a few patches ago when all the MA got was a **** worthless move that doesn't work and its only appeal is its animation.

Normal FC logic though, nothing suprising.
    Max NR and try it before you say it dosnt work.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Jankkar

Max NR and try it before you say it dosnt work.
    Now that's an uninformed statement -- so you max NR, you might resist a few. What happens when that first root lands? You're screwed.

You need some way to break the root. You can't depend on NR as the be all and end all of root defense. As we all know it's possible to land ANY type of debuff/root/snare on someone with the proper buffs. The only think I'd say is that rage is for enforcers. MAs did fine before they "broke" the self debuff, how about something similar to that?
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Woohoo a good post

Well i got a 162 MA and even when the debuff broke roots it was useless.Any rooter worth his salt who could PvP against me could beat me.They could the lowest ql root against me,and had way more roots in there nano pool than i did debuffs. So after getting owned by almost all rooters, i refused to duel them.

Now things have changed and boy for the better.Now they have to use a bigger root and i have to use some top draw stim, oohh the joy, cause when i get close my crit chance is halfed.How i squeal in delight when i hit them for 300 points of damage on the occasion i get close.

One of the few who decided to retire his MA as all i was really doing was PvPing.I've been through the min damage days and the love days and now this.What a roller-coaster of fun it was.

SgtSlap-162 MA Only getting dusted off to run missions for alts

Edit- thx for the support folks.Also is that the same Arinia who had a trader i teamed with at NW mines many moons back when Slappy was a little green behind the ears?
    Last edited by Wolfboy; Dec 17th, 2002 at 17:00:07.

The new root stims work great; use them. Only classes who root should have root breaking nanos.

Myself I can chain root MA's forever (Notum Focus etc) so I dont really see how Stims are supposed to work. And even when the MA gets up close he hits me for about 200-400 dmg, 500 Brawl if he gets lucky (Wich HoTs easily soak up) I just reroot him again and again.

But as said, I havnt played an MA over lv 100, Im just judging from my PvP experiences as an atrox fixer.

Originally posted by Arinia

Now that's an uninformed statement -- so you max NR, you might resist a few. What happens when that first root lands? You're screwed.

You need some way to break the root. You can't depend on NR as the be all and end all of root defense. As we all know it's possible to land ANY type of debuff/root/snare on someone with the proper buffs. The only think I'd say is that rage is for enforcers. MAs did fine before they "broke" the self debuff, how about something similar to that?
    MA's can do a lot of dmg, 2.5k AS with pow bow almost every time unequip fast, brawl (mb stun/crit) then dimach and another special to go with that.

This is when they use the MA NR att first so i cant root , btw they get about 1.7k NR when using that. (providing they have the other NR items ect)

As for enf if you dont get rooted first time ur target is in big trouble. take into mind for Traders drains have a 7 sec recharge and fixers with rarely land root on you.

Going full Def is the biggest factor too.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

yup that attack seems to work well...ma is free and a dot over the horizon in seconds..then is a pain to get the root to stick again while chasing em down..sure your running away..but at least ou get teh option to run
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

Sanskrit: No they don't.

Your dead long before you've used enough free movement stims to get free.

Don't forget melee adventureres.

Melee need some serious love in PvP!

no no, give everyone a Grid armor..

stupid idea of giving everyone a root break.. reealy stupid....

yea let enforcers kick my ass even more is that what you're saying?

-godly
    If it moves I'd propably hit it

Originally posted by Tomtemor
    /terminate

breaks all roots
    I hate you.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

root breakers are worthless anyway... Cant use em.. way to high skills.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

NR doesnt work for jack...i have it maxed and double implanted...lol. i still get chain rooted.

the new attack..is just lame. works one time per fight..and then u just get rooted again.

the 1/2 crit...really hurt MA alot..it has been said over and over..but when a lvl 200 MA (me) hits a person for 150-300..when i can hit them (evades/parry etc) and MAY get a lucky crit brawl or a lucky crit in there..heals and HOTS soak up that dmg pretty darn fast...then im just rooted again.

dimach: 30 min timer...gets evaded/parried hmm..id say 25% of the time..with rrfe only does like 1800 dmg anyway...manex burst hits me more then that with rrfe on...as do full autos.

I have tried playin full agg with 14% scope, 60% agg with VE on, and full def with no scope (talk about not ever critting lol). nothing seems to work except at full def..the plunders dont hit everytime and i can counter a root SOMETIMES.

most of you know me..i have been an avid PVP for probaly about 1 year straight. I have experimented with near everything I can. Im completly out of IPR points now..cant even IPR for some skills to build towers now.

Pow bow...Is good for aimed...will do the 10k aimed...hmm...20% maybe? however..even with fast equip time it can bug your fists so it still takes 2-3 sec to hit when u de-equip it.

since 14.5 i think it was or whatever the patch was..i have lost 14 fights in a row.

i have been beeten by docs/enforcers/traders almost 40 lvls below me.

before that patch i had fun..id win some..lose some. pick my fights when i could, loved huge battles, loved 1 on 1, loved gankin, runin, zonin, chasing...now..its basically total frustration to pvp with cel.

i went from about 1-2 kills from neo to 1 more death and i lose novice..i wont log him in again to pvp.

I by no means "suck" at pvp. probably not the best but i know when to just give up for now..and I have given up completly on him.

If i wasnt hopefull that maybe someday we would get fixed, get more IPR points, get our dmg upped, our crits returned or a new MA weapon that uses our green skills and is worth a ***** i would delete my MA just to make room for other twinks.

but im hopeful...

the point of this..is i see alot of NON ma players tryin to give us MA pvpers advice and what not..and excuses, and reasoning and i have tried most of it. it doesnt work. my 14 deaths proves it.

while we do appreciate the advice..do appreciate the support from some of the NON MA players...i do get frustrated when people just say "max NR, go bow, use dimach, use the new root breaker, use stims (lol thats a joke), MAs were too good before (another joke), you're uber at pvm (well so are soldiers, nts, crats, traders, fixers, enforcers), you are a dmg over time proffession (maybe at lvl 150 under)...it gets old and tiring.

i think this is my last post about how bad the MAs are now at pvp, i can't argue this anymore to the non-believers and the lvl 100under MA toons.

<~~retired Novice clan MA "celestiness".

thank you for your time and i had fun fightin all you omni out there.

im a trader
    tho i do agree with Shen being toned down a bit
    tho i never really complained about either
    it was Uber
    the poor MAs do need something to kill roots
    and something to hit harder
    i went from good fights with MAs
    to being godlike to them overnight
    and id rather a challenge than a free victory
    well....i did gank 75 lvl ppl at 190...so i lied =P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast