Thread: Suggestions for Single Player Missions

Suggestions for Single Player Missions

First off TIGHTEN up the level limits on these. Like if you do a level 47 mission and theres 6 mobs in there level 38 and 6 mobs in there level 49. That's rediculous. I want this to be useful. If i want experience i want hard mission without something being too big. If i want tokens i want a nice easy mission without whites or getting 3 levels before you get the token. This is very irritating. Why can't the mobs be within 3 or 4 levels like the team missions are?

Remove garbage from the reward list. Take out all the hacked grafts of incompetence etc. No one uses those nano programs. Take out the rechargers and first aide from rewards over level 20 or so. Take out any weapon that uses 5 different skills to weild. No one uses those weapons.

Also the mission terminals are starting to send you all over place again. You shouldnt have to run an hour, take an hour and half to clear a mission at level 54 just for 3 tokens. That's rediculous.

First, I agree that sometimes you don't get what you expect in single player missions. Even with the same settings and same ql mission, it could be impossibly hard, pretty easy, or actually what you want, i.e. challenging but not overwhelming. This needs to be fixed.

Second if you're going to token farm, its easy enough to do by selecting missions around 50% or less. I've never had a Mob tougher than light orange at 50%. That some take a fair while to clear out, is IMO not a big deal. Missions are designed to give you EP, not quick and dirty tokens. For me, tiny missions are a pain.

In terms of the loot, there's a couple of points. First, in higher level misions nano rechargers and med kits are nice to get because you can't buy over ql 125 in shops. Even at lower levels, I like getting them because they're actually pretty expensive and getting them in missions can save a fair bit of cash

Second, IMO a lot of marginal loot makes sense. Most of what you get ends up as machine food anyway, so it doesn't really make a difference whether it takes 5 skills or 2. What would be nice, though, is if you got at least one very nice item out of every singly player mission. Team missions have the boss loot and so are pretty well guaranteed some decent stuff. By contrast, a single player mission is a crap shoot, and you can often walk away with almost nothing. That's a problem.

Last, I've never (withing the last 9 months or so anyway), at any level, had a problem getting missions within a 5 minute run if I wanted them. You should know, though, that different cities tend to give missions in different places. Because of that, some cities also give missions with significantly higher rewards. Also, you should know that you can load the mission location into your large map directly from the mission terminal. This allows you to see exactly where it is,and choose your mission accordingly.
    Last edited by Wraith God; Dec 12th, 2002 at 05:28:43.

another thing to remember is that different areas give different types of missions, and different types of missions are different sizes. By Type, I mean the look of the mission, not the objective. The two best for token farming are subways, (ones with lots of white, squareish rooms) because even though they are large, most rooms in them are empty, plus there is often alot of chests to get loot out off. The best type however is grey cave missions, as these are very often tiny. The only problem with them is you can get missions that dont give you the 5 mobs you need for a token at even high level, however personally I think thats a risk worth taking. southern clon**** is a good place to look for grey caves.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

I know but only doctors and NT's want that high of chargers and your likely to get them in chests anyway. Doctors should be making and selling the higher quality level health kits and engineers, traders , nt's should be making the higher nano chargers. That's something that EVERYONE doesn't have to have but enough people need them that it makes for trade skill characters.

I know about the different dungeons and where they are likely to be but face it. The small missions are TOO small and the large dungeons are TOOOO dang big. I spent an hour and half clearing out one the other day. Take a doctor solo and bingo you have a 3 hour grind where you could set up a scripting machine to pick a fight and heal and heal yourself every 2 minutes and hope you dont get an add while you take showers and clean houses and go grocery shopping during fights. I mean come on you spend so much time waiting for those deprives to wear off you have to rebuff every 5 fights in some missions.

The team missions are very tight in their level limits. So im doing those instead of single misssions.