Thread: Guide: Guardians, Turrets & Towers..OH MY!

Thumbs up Guide: Guardians, Turrets & Towers..OH MY!

This is a guide on how to make Guardian Conductors, Turrets and Personal Service Towers.

GUARDIAN CONDUCTORS

For guide we will build a QL 200 Guardian Conductor of Presence

Parts you will need:
    Cloud of Polychromic Nanobots
    Guardian Conductor Building Kit
    Conductor of Presence Program
    HSR Compressed Regenerating Bioplate

Building Notes:
    1. The final QL of the tower is determined by the QL of the Conductor Program.
    2. Parts must be within 10% of the part you are adding it to.
    3. The skill required is determined by the QL of the second part you are combining (Part which you do not pick up)
    4. Nanobots are found on Clan/Omni Defense Patrollers, Guards and Scouts at their respective Bases in Wailing Waste/Avalon. All other parts can be purchased at the Tower Shops.

Step 1 – Requires Electrical Engineering Skill 5.75 x QL
    Add Cloud of Polychromic Nanobots to Guardian Conductor Building Kit to get Guardian Conductor Controller

Step 2 – Requires Electrical Engineering Skill 5.75 x QL, Computer Literacy Skill 4 x QL and Nano Programming Skill 4 x QL
    Add Guardian Conductor Controller to Conductor of Presence Program to get Conductor of Presence Contoller

Step 3 – Requires Mechanical Engineering Skill 4 x QL
    Add HSR Compressed Regenerating Bioplate to Conductor of Corruption Controller to get final product……..
    Guardian Conductor of Presence

TURRETS

For this guide we will build a Cold Laser Turret

Parts you will need:
    Cloud of Infuriated Nanobots
    Turret Construction Base
    Revolving Cold Laser
    HSR Compressed Regenerating Bioplate

Building Notes:
    1. The final QL of the Turret is determined by the QL of the HSR Compressed Regenerating Bioplate.
    2. Parts must be within 10% of the part you are adding it to.
    3. The skill required is determined by the QL of the second part you are combining (Part which you do not pick up)
    4. Nanobots and the Cold Lasers are found on Clan/Omni Defense Patrollers, Guards and Scouts at their respective Bases in Wailing Waste/Avalon. All other parts can be purchased at the Tower Shops.
    5. At this time the Cold Laser Turret is the only one you can build. The Sentinent Corrosvie and X –11 Ejector are available but the skills required to make them are unobtainable at this time.
    6. The lowest QL Cold Laser Turret that you can make is a QL 160

Step 1 – Requires Mechanical Engineering Skill 5.75 x QL
    Add Cloud of Infuriated Nanobots to Turret Construction Base to get Turret Controller.

Step 2 – Requires Mechanical Engineering Skill 5.75 x QL and Weapon Smithing Skill 4.5 x QL
    Add Turret Controller to Revolving Cold Laser to get Cold Laser Turret Controller.

Step 3 – Requires Mechanical Engineering Skill 4 x QL
    Add Cold Laser Turret Controller to HSR Compressed Regenerating Bioplate to get final product of….
    Cold Laser Turret

SERVICE TOWERS

For this guide we will build a QL 150 Inactive Semi-Sentient Service Tower

Parts you will need:
    Multi-Purpose Tuner
    Semi-Sentient Service Tower Library
    Service Tower Shell

Building Notes:
    1. QL of the Service Tower is determined by the QL of the Service Tower Library.
    2. At this time you can only Build the QL 75 and QL 150 Service Towers. The QL 225 and 300 are available in the shops but the skills required to make them are unobtainable at this time. QL 1- 50 are available at the PreMade booth.
    3. Parts must be within 10% of the part you are adding it to.
    4. The skill required is determined by the QL of the second part you are combining (Part which you do not pick up)
    5. You can get a Multi-Purpose Tuner by doing a small quest with the Supply Master at the Clan/Omni Bases. Start a conversation with him to get the quest then hand him Gift Wrapped Basket and he will give you the Multi-Purpose Tuner. The Gift Wrapped Baskets are found as Chest loot in missions.

Step 1 – Requires Mechanical Engineering & Computer Literacy Skill 5.75 x QL
    Use Multi-Purpose Tuner on Semi-Sentient Service Tower Library to get Semi-Sentient Service Tower Brain.

Step 2 – Requires Mechanical Engineering & Computer Literacy Skill 4 x QL
    Add Service Tower Shell to Semi-Sentient Service Tower Brain to get final product of….
    Inactive Semi-Sentient Service Tower

Last edited by Hodelay; Dec 12th, 2002 at 01:57:44.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

Yay! Awesome guide

Step 2 of the conductor guide also requires 4*CL and 4*NP tho

Talking

Whoops. Who woulda thunk it!
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

What this Service Towers used for?

service tower is like a pet.

it doens't move though, and can only be used out doors.

instead of commanding it like this: "/pet attack
    you command it like this: "/tower attack"

nice thread btw, it deserves a sticky.
    Last edited by Crazin Azin; Dec 13th, 2002 at 04:22:32.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Sticky!!!

In fact, Hodie, you should collect all your guides and made Hodie's Guidebook or at least make a sticky that only contains guides...

Where does one get the clouds of nanobots?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Clouds of Nanobots drop from the guards at the Sentinels base in WW, and off the guards at the omni domed bases in Avalon.
    Nivenyrral Lvl 200 Omni Engineer
    General and Retired President of the Band of Brothers

Originally posted by Nivenyrral
    Clouds of Nanobots drop from the guards at the Sentinels base in WW, and off the guards at the omni domed bases in Avalon.
    Thanks Niv, wont be getting those anytime soon then
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Nice guide!
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Excellent guide!
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Nice guide. How about submitting it to a fan site too?

No need to submit the post to a fan site, I spotted this thread myself and took the liberty of writing up a small news article about it. Hope that's okay

The story is on http://www.AO-Basher.com if you hadn't already guessed.

Keep up the good work, you can never have enough tradeskill guides
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

hehe

Great article lol..

I read that one and wow, if you havent gotten it down to the last detail =) In fact we were working on this exact same article on Arcanum (its not up yet, missing pictures still) but d4mn if this wasnt a very good guide/read =) Very nifty! =)
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

The article at Anarchy Arcanum, http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/gamepl...icetowers.html , says that you need E.E. and N.P. skills in addition to M.E. skills to build a service tower. This post says that you just need M.E. and C.L.

Which one is correct? I'm hoping that the article is wrong.