Thread: Pet commands

Unhappy Pet commands

Ok here goes.

I'm an Engineer on Rimor, and i just found out that u cant have pets guard stuff/other chars.

For exaple:

Let's say a level 15 engineer comes into the junkyard (or any other "newbie" spawn place. Right. there is a level i character there. what if there were a guard command that first of all DID NOT take xp from the guarded target, nor give xp to the engineer. this way we can help the ones strugling here on Rubi Ka. And it should be able to guard the actual place where the pet is standing. with an search radius (similar to the attack range of the pet)

That been said. Thanks for a wonderfull game u guys.... LOVE IT

Hehe. I take it, what you're suggesting is that any high(er) level engi should be able to have their pet 'guard' some low(er) level player. That is, if the low(er) level player was attacked, the engi pet should be able to wipe it out for them.

If you think about it for a moment, you'll see that this is a trivial way for anybody to gain levels without doing any work. Put a slayer on some level 5, for example, and he could do level 50 missions without any trouble. A totally pointless exercise.

Yes i see ur point exactly. but still.... if not guarding low lvl chars... then maybe atleast not only guarding the owner, but entire team... if u are in one that is... but what if the guarding pet, is within like 15-20% of the guarded char? then it would work
    Last edited by Nemy; Dec 17th, 2002 at 00:19:20.

er technically they do guard the entire team. If your bot is in guard mode and one of the players in the team is attacked the bot will move to defend.

Defending specific targets would be neat, only problem is it is horribly exploitable. IT's along the line of chain healing newbies as they attack something 100 levels higher than them
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts