Thread: Areas that still cause pathing quirks

Areas that still cause pathing quirks

Mission quirks

Was in an indoors style mission a couple nights ago. Some of the rooms were fair sized (just a little smaller than entry rooms) and had 2 levels to them. In these cases, the pets seemed to get a bit confused, running off in various directions before eventually finding the correct path. Perhaps the node placement for these room types needs another touch up. The particular 2 rooms that come to mind were square and had sunken centers.

Room A had 2 doors situated near the corners. There were L shaped ledges you could stand on (at room corners) as you entered either door. Each L shaped ledge had a stairway down to the large sunken area.

Room B had 4 doors with a smaller sunken area. The doors were in the center of the walls. In front of each door was a stairway down to the sunken area. You could walk all around the room, at the outer perimeter without ever going down. In each corner, there was a reasonably large area that was on the same level as the entrances - i.e. not sunken.

The mission was QL60 in SW Andromeda.

Temple quirks

The entrance is a problem in the Temple. The pets get stuck in the door sometimes. Also, if the pet spawns in the corridor off to the side, there will be a pillar a couple meters in front of it. If you go running down the hall, the pet will sometimes move forward to follow, hit the pillar, turn around, hit another pillar near the door, turn around, hit the first pillar again... I watched it do that for about 90 sec one night. If you go back near the pet, it can then find a path to you.

I noticed another quirk up in the northern section near Nematet. That area is a large rectangle with cultists along the outer edge and another rectangular room embedded in the center. In general, I enter and head west (clockwise) - the quickest way to the entrance to the embedded room. One day, I was feeling leisurely and headed counter-clockwise instead. I tend to select a target, give the attack order and then select the next target while the pet does the job - easy soloing here. When the pet's done, I give the next attack order and then loot the recent corpse. As I headed north, I had picked off any cultists on the east wall and was working the first couple on the north wall.

I found that if I stand be the wall to the embedded room (south of the northern edge of the embedded room) and give the attack command on the mob on the north wall (west of the eastern edge of the embedded room), that the attack pet chooses to go the long way around the embedded room (clockwise) instead of taking the far shorter route counter-clockwise. This will happen if the pillar at the corner of the embedded room is between you and the mob.

In an added little quirk, the heal pet once began to follow the attack pet the long way (clockwise). But it stopped prior to reaching the southern edge of the embedded room, waited, and eventually turned and headed counter-clockwise to meet the attack pet at the targetted cultist.

It looks like the attack pet prefers clockwise movement to find a path and the heal pet prefers counter-clockwise movement.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Yup,

I'll confirm the mission room that you mention with the sunken bit in the middel. Pathing is very grotty in there indeed. There's another cave type room like a labyrinth of pillars that gets my pets all het up at times too.

I'd be interested in any other feedback people have on rooms in the new mission layouts that cause issues. If there's a goodly few I may be able to persuade somebody to have a look at the nodes in them.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

For in door missions, the large room with two big blocks in the middle (forming 3 paths) give me problems. Pet has trouble finding the right path and will go in and out of doors of the side rooms. Also, I sometimes have trouble with the big "+" rooms.

All in all the pets seem to have the most troubles when there's something in the middle of the room to obstruct their way and they have multiple paths to reach their target.

For cave missions, pets get stuck between the wooden posts. They will go between them continuously. Also the areas with wireframes and catwalks are hellish as well. Sometimes they get stuck under the catwalks. Heck sometimes I get stuck under the catwalks
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Just for reference, the pets will sometimes choose paths that seem a little odd. This is a result of the pathing changes that happened with our pathing fix. If there are rooms though that consistently cause problems it's worth reporting them so that we can at least ask for the nodes to be shifted some.

X

Here's one that annoyed me last night. This pic shows my attack pet stuck behind some pipes. I'd told the pet to attack the mob. After a few seconds, it warped to the side of the room opposite the entrace - trapping itself behind the pipes and taking my heal pet with it.

I waited about 15 min to see if the pet could figure out how to get to the mob. Then I tried to warp it only to be told that a pet in combat cannot be summoned. But, of course, the pet was out of command range; so it didn't respond to my commands to stop attacking.

I was able to get the pet back by going back into the hallway - where I was closer to the pet. It then responded to the behind command and I could warp it. Of course, it then timed out.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

Hypos,

With such clear and well documented reports you also need to make sure that you send that to bugs@anarchy-online.com too. That's the best way to report direct bugs.

It's a good example though.

X

Okie, sent it to the bug hunters.
    Shadow Ops

White caves are pretty horrible. Also, why don't pets backtrack when you command them to hunt and they clear one section?
    postcount++