Thread: How an Enforcer can under stand the crat Community compaired to funcom

Exclamation How an Enforcer can under stand the crat Community compaired to funcom

Originally posted by Sandrix
    I've never played a crat but I know someone IRL who has a high lvl one and we bounced a few ideas around.. I'd really like to see Crats come of their own. I'm a hardcore enf, and its great now that there are many different weapon choices an enf can choose from and be good, but where are the choices for the crat? Crats need something to make them more powerful and more interesting at the same time.

What do you guys thing about being able to cast pets of different professions?

A Nano Technician pet that would root and nuke whatever target you were attacking, and buff you with a relatively low ql HE.

A Fixer pet that would have a machine gun with good bursts and give you a run speed buff and a relatively low HoT.

An Agent pet that would follow you concealed and aimed shot when you initiated combat.

A Doc pet that would heal in amounts comparable to an MP heal pet.

An Enforcer pet, with an accompanying HP boost and a sledge to bash your foes with and draw aggro from you.

A Trader pet that would debuff your opponents and give their skills to you.

Etc.

I'd love to see something like this because it would make things more interesting for the crats, your tactics would change depending on which pet you decided to use, just like an enforcers tactics change depending on what weapons they choose.

I'd also like to see it be somewhat of a commitment, with a time frame on how often you can switch pet types, and different nano skill req's for the diff pets.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but it seems they have the pet AI, the character models, and the nanos the pets would use all lined up and rdy to go. ~shrug~ Just something to chew on.

Me just saying that they have the pet AI might throw a lot of people off, considering the whole pathing issue, but that isn't really related to the pets ability to choose a target and cast a nano.

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about the crat experience, but I did have a guage for this idea. A professions viability can roughly be measured by how attractive the idea of rolling an alt of that prof is to most ppl. I've rolled 4 enf alts so far, not counting my first main one hehe, but if this idea were implemented I would have a crat alt the next day.
    Now only if this man worked at Funcom so it could get done sense Funcom doesnt even look at the crat community!

This is an Enforcer! who has never played as a crat but knows that the crats need some attention! So funcom what do u say?
    We just want some lovin thats all! We have a coffee machine and a suit that only goes up to ql 80! im not even lvl 60 yet and im temped to replace it cause my pet doesnt work in indoor missions cause of pathing and i need the extra armor so survive. We are Bureaucrats, Goverment Officals also know as the left out....

crats, NT's, solja's... all seriously needing love atm

oh and MA in pvp as well (new to my list)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    crats, NT's, solja's... all seriously needing love atm
    Oh yeah, I'm an 85 Crat atm and I would be happy with just an increase to the Psychic check on our charm lines.
    Last edited by Atrau; Dec 13th, 2002 at 14:56:17.

and what does the soldier pet do? Casting tms and standing useless around or just dying?

Well true crats need something but prof-pets? No pls not. A crat should be the master of roots etc. Also the "deroot" master. A speech which makes all nearby team members unable to root/snare would be a very nice crat love. This would instantly make a crat a very welcome member in my teams.

You should not forget that a crat maybe do weaker damage with his gun, but he isn't a fighter and don't forget that he has a pet which do damage too! Add the damage of the gun, the damage of his pet and the damage of a charmed one and then look how much damage some other classes do.

Well I think the damage a crat does isn't the problem - I think your main problem is that you die very fast if someone attacks you, cause you have no shield or healing etc. But noone every said that you need to stand in the first row in a fight! Stay in background and let your pet do the job. If you come in danger then root and get your butt out

And don't forget that crats are one of the best solo mission class in this game too.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

small problem with your idea about agents following your around concealed AS'ing when you initiate combat.... first of all agents walk like crud when sneaking heh... you would have to go at a snails pace if you wanted them to keep up with you... as for AS... with average rifles (X-3, Tsaka, Stigma..., stuff like that) it will only allow an AS once every hmm 4 fights.... 2 if they are real long ones :P... just a small problem these days but oh well ... great idea btw I would love to see that!

Yes I do realize the alot of the flaws in this suggestion but thats all it is and its not even mine. Masters or roots and snares? come on what is the fun is that haha u cant move but u can still deal me damage. I dont see any positive re-enforcement out of this, you guys are all being negitive nancys But pet pathing is a #1 i was so hoping that today would be the day where my pet would stop runnin into walls :P