Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ma Fix??? Where Is It? And Where Is Our Howling Bow? Is It Fixed?

Angry Ma Fix??? Where Is It? And Where Is Our Howling Bow? Is It Fixed?

Well?

WE WANT AN UPDATE ON THIS CZ!!!!
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Well your Howling Bow is probably not going to be an easy item to get hold on.

Good luck tho.

shut up :/

you can kick my ass any day of the week without any MA attacks

whiner
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Engie special sheild stops special attacks that are needed to kill ANYONE in PvP. Aimshot on a Pow Bow being the biggest one.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Angry

Originally posted by Seppubot
    Horribly low regular damage + No root resisting nano's + No decent ranged options to counteract no anti-root nano's + A poor attempt at a root breaking MA move + -50% crit nerf + 8 second recharge heals = worst PvP proffession in game.

how 'bout trying NOT to rely on things like crit. Try using strategy in your style, now, I havent played a MA, but hell, I play a 2he enforcer.. and I did a damn good job before the buffs and new weapons. Still use the same weapon(warblade). I think some MA's out there need to learn that there are other ways for you to win at pvp rather than stading behind a crit, you thick skulled people.

Props to those MA's out there that actaully try to do something with their toon.

Don't try to tell me you've tried, because if your still whining then you havent tried hard enough.

Its pathetic how people expect to just float through like the game as if it were like a hot knife cutting through butter.

-Slick
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

Originally posted by Slickblue

I havent played a MA,
    Nothing personal bro but you should have ended your post right there.

Enf do better regular dmg than MA's.....bottom line.

I agree engies need love. I agree you need tactics in pvp. But I could also make the argument that an engie played right could be a 2 on 1 fight in a pvp duel. But I wont do that for the blatant obvious.

The really successful MA's ive seen....using shotguns and manex. Many have said that these MA's were the ones that caused the nerf in the first place. None can really say if thats the case. But the cold hard fact is in pvp you must "KILL the other guy".....and thats a little tough when a shield is slapping you in the face harder than you're hitting.

As for the howling bow....all us MA's figured its on some uber mob. The point is WE DONT KNOW where it is. It could be on a respawning rat in some BY for all we know. If its on some impossible mob then I dont see the problem with telling us which one. Personally I dont think its ingame yet....even though they claim it is.

I dont even mind the nerf as much as the alternatives we were given. Rooting proffs were given root breakers. Fine. MA's were given a special attack that uses an otherwise useless skill to blow ip on. So just to be able to get within range to hit for minimum dmg....we must blow ip on Riposte.

Im not asking to have full crit in pvp back. I just think more sensible options should be given when something or someone is nerfed. For example....give MA's a bow buff.....make pow bows use duck explosion......a nano that summons or warps an opponent back within the MA's range MA.....simple things that would give us some kind of outlet and viable option in pvp without making us overpowered.
    Last edited by Phunked; Dec 12th, 2002 at 14:38:39.

Uh Slickblue....um...how do I say this...do just a tiny bit of research before you call 15% of the player base 'thick skulled people' when you don't even know the issues at hand. Thanks.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

I read somewhere that the Howling bow is actually in game, but the icon for it is not, so when its in the loot you cannot see or pick it up. I cant find where that was so it may not be accurate.

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    I read somewhere that the Howling bow is actually in game, but the icon for it is not, so when its in the loot you cannot see or pick it up. I cant find where that was so it may not be accurate.
    It's in a post by CZ on the ma boards somewhere

MA's are about crits. Enough about that.
    :/?

If I cant see it...it aint in da game.

***MA's everywhere furiously clicking blank loot spaces.***

Personally I dont think its ingame yet....even though they claim it is.
    I remember CZ's thread said it "was" in the game and not visualizable and not able to be picked up. But did *anyone* reliable actually say it was in the game? I talked to someone on Test who was a Bug Hunter and they said they were pretty sure it was not available in game yet.

Now I have to assume it's still not fixed due to
    1) some obscure bug that they have their hands too full to track down (pretty likely, having been a game developer and knowing how these things often go "Fix a bug or add a feature? Add a feature!")
    2) They are having second thoughts before putting the bow in? Perhaps partly due to everyone complaining about its lack of specials? (not likely IMHO because I tested it on NW Beta and it rocked pretty hard against a bow with multiple specials for me)
    3) They're waiting to give MAs bow buff (whoa wake me up, I thikn I slipped into a dream there)

. . .

/edited .. yeah.. i know somes idiots gonna come in here and quote what a said and try and make justification on how he cant fight anymore because their profession is gimped. ** so roll a new one**
    Last edited by Slickblue; Dec 13th, 2002 at 03:47:09.

. . .
    /edited .. yeah.. i know somes idiots gonna come in here and quote what a said and try and make justification on how he cant fight anymore because their profession is gimped. ** so roll a new one**
    Sure pretty soon we will all be smurfs, traders, NTs, or beam weilding atrox enfs.

Your missing the point SonnyJim. A whole bunch of people have invested a lot of their time into certain professions that just don't work!

Take all the crappy proffs out of the game..give me all my ip and a profession change.

Sure lets just have 4 professions in the game. Like duh!

. . .

Slick, its hard to read your comments without becoming angry.

You have made 2 points. The first is that MAs shouldn't really on crit. Well how about I glue your crit-reliant weapon into your hands, then nerf crits. What are you going to do? You can't change your weapon because its glued to your hands. So how are you going to get around your poor damage and nerfed crit?

MAs CAN'T GET NEW FISTS. And i refuse to change myself into soldier as it goes against the very point of being an MA.

Your second point is what angers me the most. 'Roll a new one'. Many MAs have been around since the beginning and have been working on their chars for more than a year. Thats a massive investment in time. You don't simply roll a new one.
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

how 'bout trying NOT to rely on things like crit. Try using strategy in your style, now, I havent played a MA, but hell, I play a 2he enforcer.. and I did a damn good job before the buffs and new weapons. Still use the same weapon(warblade). I think some MA's out there need to learn that there are other ways for you to win at pvp rather than stading behind a crit, you thick skulled people.
    Well, here's the issue. Crits are what set the MA apart as a class. Take a look at the MA nano lines - small damage adds, ACs that no one uses, heals, evades (2nd best evade buffs in the game, 3rd if you allow GA to be included in the Eq.), the rather standard + to skill buffs [NO BOW BUFFS!], and crits. My motto in regards to my MA has always been - nerf anything you want, 24% crit sans-scope is enough to get by. They could remove everything else and I'd still be pretty happy with just that. honestly. I don't have other complaints except for pvp.

The base damage for an MA is low. This creates problems when you take into account their average AR - it makes it hard to land hits at high levels, or in pvp unless you roll a critical. Yes, MA are "fast" but speed caps out, and vs. a damage/reflect shield I'd certainly rather do more damage hits less often. But like I said, that is not the issue. The issue is the MA was designed around requiring crits to compete using fist attacks, and I would say that being a melee (even weapon-wielding) MA in PvP is not very effective.

I'm not saying that you can't do okay in PvP if you make good use of dimach, AS, begging buffs from other classes and a lot of experience/luck/prayer, but the fact is you shouldn't really consider trying any PvP without a good bow you can self equip. And this is a Martial Artist, not a Martial Archer o.O
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Originally posted by Fangion

As for the howling bow....all us MA's figured its on some uber mob. The point is WE DONT KNOW where it is. It could be on a respawning rat in some BY for all we know. If its on some impossible mob then I dont see the problem with telling us which one. Personally I dont think its ingame yet....even though they claim it is.
    Gosh, if I wanted a 'fix/GM' to tell me where all the stuff is that I don't know about... I mean get real.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

They do not claim the bow is in game. They claimed it "was" in game but not showing up/available. No follow up after that. I asked a bug hunter on Test servrer and they said they were pretty sure it wasn't. That was Dec 13 or so.

Howling Bow IS in the game...

I teamed with a 130+ Doc in BS that was using it. He dropped it in the chat window and asked if anyone had seen it before. No one in the team had seen it before that. He said it was given to him...but, I did see it!

Re: Howling Bow IS in the game...

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    I teamed with a 130+ Doc in BS that was using it. He dropped it in the chat window and asked if anyone had seen it before. No one in the team had seen it before that. He said it was given to him...but, I did see it!
    He probably made a fake ref. As the bow is nodrop, it is kinda hard to believe it was 'given' to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast