Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: You guys gonna finish the ENF weapons revamp?

Re: Meurgen

Originally posted by Anikitos
    I agree with you that some other classes need help, yes.

I agree with you that the Enforcer class is indeed a powerfull one and well balanced.

Why do i think that? Because every time i log in my chr i enjoy him 100%. Pvp, pvm, tanking uniques...i love everything about him.

The ql200 "new" weapons should NOT be hard for FC to add to the seller. I mean the weapons are ingame. Just change the ql.
    How on gods name could that be hard.

If it does take time to do that then i think they should spend that time fixing stuff that REALLY needs fixing like some classes, lag and other stuff.

Oh, i can beat docs if i want to Meurgen....but then i need to switch my imps to 1hb(sticks) or Piercing(slayer claw, i got it).
    With EQB i dont think i can.

I dont care much about that because atm i enjoy my Enforcer 100%.
    Ok I'll try again here, since the point still hasn't been driven home...

Yeah it would be easy to introduce those ql200 weapons throughout the game... but...

It would take a class that's doing great already, and add more to them. This is something that we don't need. Curm: Use a beam, or sticks. Enforcers survived with those for a good 15 months... I don't think a little longer will kill you. I've survived with my demon for 15 months, and I see no change in sight... yet I don't come here asking when the ql250 (yeah they exist, mobs summoned them, so it wouldn't be hard to impliment... right? :P) demon will be spewed out.

Yeah I'm being greedy here. Before you get any more weapons, I would like to have a weapon that WORKS half as well as one of the many weapons you've gotten in the past month. I would like the engineer to get one that works twice as well as any weapon you've gotten in the past month, I would like MAs to have their weapons returned to their past level of effectiveness, I would like their Howling bow to drop. I would like crats to have mezzes be as effective as they used to be. I would like Adv's to get the cyclic shields they've wanted for such a long time. I would like all of those folks who duel wield to have the effectiveness of their equipment upped to the level it was before 14.6. I would like, I would like, I would like, I would like, I would like, I would like.

Why spend any time, no matter how small, to give things to classes that are doing great when classes that are in the gutter (and have been for months) don't get jack? Adding ql200 versions of those weapons would give you a ton more extremely effective things to use when there are thousands of people wandering around aimlessly not sure what to do since their weapons that they've been using since release aren't 1/10th as effective as the weapons you had BEFORE YOU GOT YOUR ADDITIONS.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Muergan:
    I play an MP too. I know your pain. I agree with all the points you just raised. I agree that many other issues need attention first, and you list some great ones. I very much doubt that any enforcer would have the attitude of "give me more swords, to hell with pet pathing" (ok, maybe a few would have that attitude).

But the reality of the situation, is that I want a better katana too. So, I am supporting this thread. I am not an atrox, so no beam for me. And I think alloy staff/lead pipe looks and RPs ridiculous, so I am not using them.

Upping the QL from the vendor (or even adding the >QL135 ones to team boss loot tables) would not be a monumental task. But, from previous experience with FunCom's modus operandi, if it doesn't get added real soon... it never will. That's what I would like to avoid.

Do I think that any of the issues you raised should be tabled while they tinker with enforcer weapons? Of course not!

But if the "Tsunayoshi Smith/Melee Vendor Work Ticket" is still open, with someone still assigned to the project and checking on its game impact, then I would like them to finish things up before stuffing it in a closet, never to be revisited.

Megabio

Anikitos, that's sounds funny, coming from a mere apprentice enforcer. (for an enforcer, app = freshmen)
    ~Chris

Try to get a duel if you are me. It wont happen unless you are doc or fixer. You think the title reveals if i am good in pvp? :P

I have killed neos in duels and i KNOW i can take down Experienced too....i have tried.

Try to undestand that Title does not mean how good you are in a duel. Also i dont farm like some of the idiots that have those high titles.

But sure i am only Apprentice....

P.S
    I know a few rookies and freshman that can eat neos for breakfast.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Curm, yeah I see your point... in a roundabout sort of way I support this thread too, but more than anything I'm trying to make the point that giving ql200 versions of these already powerful weapons to enfs is just another nail in my profession's coffin. I haven't done anything in a long long time that made me think 'woah, I'm powerful and i love this profession.' I haven't done a 5k+ crit, I haven't taken a 4500 FA up the tailpipe and lived (never been hit for more than 2.4k... guess why... ) I've never had my super high hit point pet tank a mob and save my team's collective ass (despite funcom's continued rantings that this is what demons are for...). Every day new enfs are getting their QBs then chain critting the guards in WA for 5.3k or so while screaming 'wow this is neat!' and I just sit on the wall waiting for my turn.

If we keep doing miniscule things like this for classes that are preforming wonderfully, then is it EVER going to be my turn? Gah. Heh... I know it's a different game in the high levels (being someone who plays all the time in that realm) but I got my own little enf up to level 69 a little while back... outfitted him with some cool stuff, put on a dreadful pitchfork, basically a beam with higher noncrits... and started roming the arena, 2ho, and mmd.

After a couple weeks of this I finally quit. It was too easy. I know this sounds stupid, but I got sick of the despairing lines I would get from people after I kicked em around without even trying. One agent in mmd (10 lvls higher than me) tried (and miserably failed) twice, then called in another MA who was also at least 10 lvls higher than me. I took them both out at the same time. It was a great fight but guess what... it was 2v1 and I won. That's not right. :\ I killed an NT in 3 hits in the arena and he said he was done with that char. Some meta (woohoo) got in 2 nukes and a hit from his pet before both pets were scared and I ate him for lunch. A couple times fights got out of hand (in the 3 or 4 v 1 range) and I could just rage and get the hell out of there. Winning so badly in a game that focuses on teamwork just ain't right IMO. I don't see why anyone should be made more powerful while they're already more powerful than nearly everyone out there.

Yeah I know, I'm getting repetetive. But man, I'd like to have some fun too. I'd like to go into wtf dungeon and wupp ass on some people and say 'wee i like my profession'.

Originally posted by Meurgen
    Yeah I know, I'm getting repetetive. But man, I'd like to have some fun too. I'd like to go into wtf dungeon and wupp ass on some people and say 'wee i like my profession'.
    i heave memories of the time FC gazed down on MPs and lifted them from the gutter. for a time MPs seemed to get something every patch. there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth because MPs were's FC's love children and enfs had a hard time figuring out how to deal with them. MPs had their moment in the sun, i'm sure it will come back. right now people are whining about enfs, next patch it will be crats or engies and after that it will be ...

When I first started playing AO, in the first month after release, I rolled an adventurer. Got her to lvl 70 and shelved her because, at the time, the class was severely gimped. Given my understanding of the story line, I thought I was creating a scout and I thought that would be fun. It never entered my mind that I was creating a damage dealer.

My point is that the real damage dealers should be enforcers, soldiers, MAs and NTs. The other classes fill other roles, have trade skills, and round out the teams with there special abilities. Ultimately, they would contribute these special abilities to their faction. After all, the core of the game is the factional struggle between omni and the clans.

Now, everything has been distorted by the proliferation of one-on-one PvP imo. Everyone is jockying for position as the "strongest class" and chasing titles. As anyone can see from watching the forums over the months, there is much whining and gnashing of teeth. Unfortunately, funcom has bowed to some of this pressure.

If you rolled a doctor, then be a doctor. If you rolled a trader, then be a trader. If you want to be a tank, then roll a tank. If you want to play Doom, then go play it.

Thyrra - can't believe you used "gnashing of teeth"
    Sheilabeela 220/29 Enforcer in United
    Sheilah - Adventurer

Re: Megabio

Try to get a duel if you are me. It wont happen unless you are doc or fixer. You think the title reveals if i am good in pvp? :P
    Ever wonder why you can't get a duel? Think about it for a second.

~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    Anikitos, that's sounds funny, coming from a mere apprentice enforcer. (for an enforcer, app = freshmen)
    ~Chris

Thats bull****.

Lol

What is your point Megabio? :P
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Thyrra

i heave memories of the time FC gazed down on MPs and lifted them from the gutter. for a time MPs seemed to get something every patch. there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth because MPs were's FC's love children and enfs had a hard time figuring out how to deal with them. MPs had their moment in the sun, i'm sure it will come back. right now people are whining about enfs, next patch it will be crats or engies and after that it will be ...
    Yes lots of people seem to remember the MP fix as love... I'm still not sure why. Bandwagon mentality?

It let us use a healpet and attack pet at *the same time*! Oh my god. In addition we got a mez pet. (hahahaha)

We also got creation weapons. (hahahahaha)

I think we got animas too. Woooo.

The only enforcers who couldn't figure out how to beat us were the under level 140 ones who sat around in the arena all day before NR started working.

Lifted us from the gutter? Heh, they handed us a blanket and said 'here.. maybe this will keep you warm while you're down there'.

Re: Lol

What is your point Megabio? :P
    Only docs and GAMKIV fixers (which are beatable as an enforcer, but not 100%, and they could just grid out if things got rough) will duel you.. maybe no one else wants to duel you because no one else can beat you?

~Chris

Megabio, i have never seen a person so full of it like you dude.

Originally posted by trollfarfar
    Megabio, i have never seen a person so full of it like you dude.

Well, I feel special. Are you hoping that I throw back a derogatory comment so we can start a childish argument?

~Chris

Megabio

I allready told you which proffesions can beat me.
    I wont repeat myself, again.

Class alone is not enough, you need skill aswell.

Ask for engi love and i bump it......anything else is useless.
    Besides whats fair got to do with anything.

Is ga4 fair?
    CH and init debuffs fair?
    AS fair?
    TMS fair?
    Range fair?
    Debuffs fair?

Fair got nothing to do with it.
    Adapt and prevail.
    Seek and you shall find.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

It is childish to try to deny us getting these ql 200 weapons, based solely on the premise of "Waaa I want cool stuff first!"

Its probably something very simple like changing 1 flag on the weapon stats that makes it drop off boss loot for certain QL's. It would not detract from anyone else getting fixes for their profession. In fact what would the effect be for another profession? The most powerful enf weapons that everyone complains about would still be more powerful than Tsunayoshi's ql 200 weapons! PLEASE get some perspective! It would not make enforcers more powerful in comparison to other professions than they already are. It would simply be an enhancement to the enjoyability of the game for people like me who enjoy having a choice about things. I didn't make an opifex enforcer to be uber, and I didn't choose 1he to be uber, but here is a very simple change which would give me a bit more viability, and I see people trying to deny me that pleasure becuase the EQB is to powerful. What.. The.. ****

It is totally beyond me what twisted course of logic one must take to conclude that "The EQB is too powerful so don't give enforcers ql 200 weapons from Tsunayoshi!" becase that is precisely the argument that is being made against Meetloaf's orginial suggestion.

Funcom please, please please please put these ql 200 weapons in game. It would not change the balance of enf vs. other professions, it would just make me happy about my char being able to reliably do what she is supposed to do, without becoming a QB clone*. HOLD AGGRO!

And on another note, if you send the message to FC that it is not ok to make minor and non-labor intensive changes to improve peoples game, it will come back to bite you in the end. Who knows, maybe if they did this one thing they would get in the habit of doing similar improvements for other professions.

*I don't have anything against QB users, but if I were to switch from my chosen path of 1he then my char would feel like a clone and it would totally ruin that char for me. 1 weapon per profession is not the way the game should be. And if you immediately think "a lot of professions only have 1 viable weapon" then consider this, continuing to push enforcers towards having only 1 correct weapon choice does nothing to improve that situation!
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

I'd also like to add a little perspective I garned from AODD. At 150 I'm doing damage very similar to what would be done by a higher lvl enforcer using 133 daitos (only 100 or so less atk rating, swinging at full speed, using a VE with crit buffs running.) I was in a mission with a 170ish trader and a 185 enforcer using a QB (non enhanced.) The trader did near 20% more damage than me, and the QB enf did twice the damage of the trader. Yes, twice. I was there side by side with that enf doing everything I could to do all the damage I knew how to do, the trader still outdamaged me and the QB Enf did double the trader, so in this case I think AODD can be relied on. QB is powerful, point conceded. QB is very powerful, perhaps too powerful, point conceded. Still, this has nothing to do with me having higher ql daitos, stop raining on my parade. What Meetloaf, Curmudgeon and I (the people I can think of I've seen post atm) want has nothing to do with enforcers who choose to use QB being overpowered. This is a thread about the weapons that Tsunayoshi Smith sells being available somewhere in game at higher QL's, take your QB hate elsewhere.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

yes, give enforcers more weapons.. because they qare the nerfest afterall *shrug*

You dont understand.. this is only gonna make the QB even MORE powerful in the end!!

the QB got upgraded in the first place because "how in the hell is a "special" weapon outdamage by a common support beam ffs!".

I can see it now.. "OMG! Store bought weapons doing more damage then the QB... must make QB stronger.."
    *FC employee* "yes enforcers.. i will do every thing you ask.."

Then the cycle will start again.. i DONT wanna see a 1k-3k dmg QB thank you!
    Last edited by Alpherah!; Dec 28th, 2002 at 14:20:37.

Uuuh, p0is0n, no, the ql 200 Tsunayoshi weapons would not outperform the QB, it does 2k+ to 4k+ damage every hit. It doesn't hit less than 2k. That kind of defeats the purpose of your post, they wouldn't need to make the QB stronger because it would still be stronger.

Think about it, if the QB is the only option an enforcer has to keep aggro, that pretty much means that every single enforcer who doesn't have the PR/EoT (even more rare) is going go to be striving for a QB or EQB. You're worried about the QB becoming more powerful? Sorry but at this point the gap between that and other weapons is so wide a little more damage wouldn't make a difference. You should be more worried about forcing all enforcers into the very QB wielding setup that you fear.

Let me re-emphasize that point denying us the option to use other decent weapons will force Enforcers to use the Queen Blade.

I can see it now.. "OMG! Store bought weapons doing more damage then the QB... must make QB stronger.."
    *FC employee* "yes enforcers.. i will do every thing you ask.."
    This is the evidence that your assumption seems to be based on, and honestly it is far less than convincing. We're not really asking that the ql 135+ weapons be made available from a store we're asking that they be made available period. Boss loot would be hunky dory with me. And furthermore, they wouldn't do more damage than the Queen Blade.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Re: Megabio

I allready told you which proffesions can beat me.
    I wont repeat myself, again.

Class alone is not enough, you need skill aswell.

rofl

~Chris

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast