Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MAs needs a FIX badly !!!!!

Originally posted by Lokgen
    ROAR !

MA's are the second best Nano to Health converters, Mongo is self only, MP pets aren't a Nano to Health recharge and have a much longer refresh rate. Soldiers are invited to teams for the damage and tanking ability, not for healing.
    Aha now I see what you mean, soldiers and enforcers get into teams for damage dealing in mass pvp, while the ma has to be happy with being an archer doing poor damage and a pretty mediocre healer? Afaik ma's are a tank class too you know.
    Btw the nano/health argument is lame. Healing/time is waaaay more important.

Everyones crit chance was reduced.
    Yes true. But 1. ma's were hit a lot harder 2.MA's haven't got an alternative amongst the new uber non crit reliant weapons. Other classes started dropping their crit reliant weapons for (E)QB's, manex wo affecting their ar a lot. Most of them would have made the swap anyways even if there hadn't been the pvp crit nerf, because these new weapons are superior to whatever they were using before even if there had been no crit nerf. MA's can ofcourse equip a manex too, however compared to fists that means about -500 AR, so hardly a good tradeoff.

But hey you'll probably argue that the ma (tank profession) just has to do that, live with an AR of somewhere around 750 and start using a gun.

BTW: Agent's are the AO Archer class, when the tank class gets close, I run to recover distance, when I get rooted and then engaged by a MA/Enf/Sol I'm dead meat [/B]
    Have you fought an ma recently that didn't have dimach up? If you are near my level (199) and would like to experience first hand my uber damage dealing capacities when I get close to you I'll show you. Feel free to send me a tell

I agree w you on the necessity for coordination in mass pvp. What you don't seem to realize is that even if an ma comes close to you (unless you're at half health or so, or we have dimach up) we are a quite limited threat. Or do you think it is fair that enforcers do a ton more damage than ma's while also having about twice the health?

This is not meant to diss enforcers, they are what they should be in mass pvp, if an enforcer manages to get close to you, you WILL die. (though maybe the combo of rage/uber damage is a bit too much ) If an ma gets close to you you will most likely a. finish him/her off yrself at close range wo breaking too much of a sweat b. watch how your teamies slaughters the poor ma all alone in enemy lines long before the ma even got close to killing you.

If you aren't experiencing a. or b. then I assume you are a lowbie agent (bad health) that goes into mass pvp selfbuffed. rrfe + hot = ma's net fist damage output is close to zero in pvp. Throw in a good damage shield and watch the ma healing him/herself in panick because (s)he's taking about as much reflected damage as (s)he inflicts.
    Last edited by Hayake; Dec 15th, 2002 at 02:16:38.

I'm sick of arguing with peeps that just want to have easy kills, but i'll try a last time.

MAs don't do decent dmg with their fists.
    MAs don't do decent dmg with their bows.
    MAs can be chain rooted easily. ( Oh please, even with a de-rooter in your team, it'd take 10sec to unroot someone from a high QL root, when it takes 1sec to re-root. )

Got it ? I bet you don't.

Btw, MA is supposed to be the #1 dmg dealing class. Ironically, in PvP, a MA using his fist will do less dmg than any other offensive class.

P.S : Hayake, he's a nanomage agent Prolly the worst breed for an agent.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Cronos, NT are SUPPOSE to be the #1 damage dealer, thats a fact

My 142 Agent enters Tower conflicts nearly self buffed, I die alot so spending time getting every buff known to mankind can be a waste of time, but you won't see me posting sniffy tear-stained whine posts about it.

Agents were hurt as badly as MA's with the Subcon/LMA/UVC nerf, so your not the lone ranger.

3rd best healer in the game isn't mediocre.

You misread my comparison to MA's as tanks

MA's are not the masters of ranged combat, Soldiers, NT's and Agents belong in that category

I have never asked for a nerf on any class/item/armour/device so stop that line of insults

Why are MA's running around the 25% zone ? You better hang back for the tower assault, thats your place like it or not.

Here's a bone:

Nano Formula

Masters Rock Garden
    NaCost:1240
    NCU Cost: 52
    Dura: 00:00:07
    Range: 1m
    Speed:
    Attack 0
    Recharge 7 minutes
    AtkSkills:
    Modifier:
    User self only debuffs roots and snares

Requirement to use:
    TS 777
    SI 777
    PM 777

Description:

Nanobots help to totally focus the Martial Artists spirit on a single task. During this moment , the Martial Artist will almost always be invulnerable to roots. Maintaining such intense psychic power even for a brief period of time is mentally very draining. Such a feat can only be performed once every 7 minutes.

The very tools that got you to 199 like great damage, awesome crit buffs, excellent healing abilities and markedly nice hitpoints are a bonus not to be scoffed at. Maybe a MA's role is limited in Tower battles, but you guys are far from the worthless mass of flesh it's being made out to be.

Still no pity from me, ok maybe the new NF

Lokgen,
    PROUD ! Gimpy NM Agent with idea's

BTW: I'd gladly let you waste your Dimach on me, it's the Tower that counts.. not me

When it comes to dishing out raw combat damage a Martial Artist outshines all other professions.
    According to FC, we are supposed to do the most dmg.
    Actually we are way outdamaged by Enforcers, Soldiers, Adventurers, Fixers and prolly by Engie Pets buffed with the new "addalloff" buffs.

3rd best healer is very discutable. Agents can FP doctor and outheal us, and enforcer's Mongos have better Heal/Time rate than MA heals. ( Or close to )

Why are MA's running around the 25% zone ? You better hang back for the tower assault, thats your place like it or not.
    Maybe because we are supposed to be an offensive class ?
    Btw, did you ever critted one tower ? Lemme guess... no.
    Towers are not crittable. ( At least they were not pre-14.7.5 )
    We are not even useful there.
    Oh well, we can heal like a lvl 80 doc... very very enjoyable.

Nano Formula

Masters Rock Garden
    NaCost:1240
    NCU Cost: 52
    Dura: 00:00:07
    Range: 1m
    Speed:
    Attack 0
    Recharge 7 minutes
    AtkSkills:
    Modifier:
    User self only debuffs roots and snares

Requirement to use:
    TS 777
    SI 777
    PM 777
    Got a better idea.

You just made a mistake !
    NaCost:1000
    NCU Cost:0
    Dura:Permanent
    Speed:
    Attack 1.00
    Recharge 1.00

Description :
    You just made a mistake by entering a pvp battlefield. Using this nano program will upload yourself in the grid.

Seriously, you think a deroot with 7min reload will help us ?!?
    Gah.

For MAs/Melee Advs, roots are as unfair as a MA Special Attack that would un-equiping the oponent weapon during 4mins.
    Maybe a bit exaggerated.

If i had to discribe MAs in PvP nowadays... Gimped Docs.

BUMP for a fix.

Please, Also give Advs better way to avoid roots, or in few weeks all melee advs will switch to ranged weapons... or cancel their account.
    ( One of my best ingame MA friend canceled his account earlier today. I'm pissed. )

P.S : Btw, you sure you were as hurted as MAs when they nerfed the crits ?... Didn't they upped your 100% crit buff to 200% ?

~Off to bed.

Cronos, NT are SUPPOSE to be the #1 damage dealer, thats a fact
    Create a new character, read the profession description.
    MA: " ... deals out the most raw combat damage"
    NT: "best in using nanobots" or something like that. Clearly that means MA's are supposed to do most combat damage, not?

Agents were hurt as badly as MA's with the Subcon/LMA/UVC nerf, so your not the lone ranger.
    Nope you still have your 100% crit buff AND your rifles aren't as crit dependant as fists. (or you can chose another one wo losing 500 AR at least)

3rd best healer in the game isn't mediocre.
    Yes 3rd best healer for others. To heal ourselves we rank quite a bit lower though. And the difference between the second best healer (ADV) to heal others and us is enormous.

MA's are not the masters of ranged combat, Soldiers, NT's and Agents belong in that category
    Agreed, that's why I want fist damage upped a lot. Or aren't we supposed to be the masters of close combat? Bows should be a secondary weapon for specific situations for me.

So now we are a purely defensive class that has to wait back at the towers till the other classes died so we can be rooted and picked off from range?

The very tools that got you to 199 like great damage, awesome crit buffs, excellent healing abilities and markedly nice hitpoints are a bonus not to be scoffed at.
    What excellent HP? Selfbuffed about 6.2K at level 199. Granted I could get it a bit higher if I wore MK2 which I don't, but to claim that this are *excellent* hp's is a bit too much imo. Enforcers my level can easily get about twice that. And they deal a lot more damage than me.

BTW: I'd gladly let you waste your Dimach on me, it's the Tower that counts.. not me
    Well towers can't even be critted so... not even want to start about an ma's damage vs a tower

Originally posted by Hayake
    Create a new character, read the profession description.
    MA: " ... deals out the most raw combat damage"
    NT: "best in using nanobots" or something like that. Clearly that means MA's are supposed to do most combat damage, not?
    ehehehe... I think this one was funny... Create an new character and read the description... and notice the "or something like that." part? Makes me wonder if you read ours in the first place :P
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Just add a grappling hook! Let me throw out a grappling hook and pull all those long range rooters back to me for some "fists of fury" action!

Seriously, I'm tired of the nerf this, nerf that approach. Add some new effective (working things based on current ips that we use!) distance weapons for the MA. How hard can it really be? We, as MAs, should be able to throw items. I see so much talk about making our fists more powerful when the entire profession is screwed up. We should be using throwing skills, bows, or whatever. Rather than increase the range of fists so that it looks fake as hell, why not add in ranged items for the MA? Is it really that hard?

Give me some stink'n smoke bomb that I can throw down and blind people for a few seconds so I can get on top of them and pound their head in. I mean, really, be creative Funcom. It's not a stretch to do these things as the ip skill areas are already in the game. Just get them to work and add in a few items that use them.

Hell, if you (Funcom) can make a "Wave of the Summer" nano in a few hours, then make a few ranged items that will help us get closer to our opponent or allow us to reach them. Why must we only use our fists? If you won't do this, then delete the throwing sharp objects skill crap. I'm sick of looking at broken stuff. Blah...

Methinks an ranged attack for MA's is bad... not because I want to own them... well yeah I do, but I kinda think MA's to be the up close and personal little tornado of pain in the lower end of the backside. MA's should lose to rooters... and us NT's should loose to debuffer's... but we should have things to make it worth it...

So well, if you do insist on haveing ranged weapons and, 'god forbid', bow buffs... I hope at least you wont be the masters of that too...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I think most of MAs agree with you Centurion3, we don't want to be a pure ranged class. But that should be an alternative. ( Like Advs can use Pistols or SOLs )

But atm, bow is the only way to go in mass PvP, because roots are a bit overpowered.

We need a bow buff to equip high QL bows.
    For example... at level 200 we need crazy stuff to equip a QL 200 Howling bow :
    3 Bow implants. ( You won't be able to cast UVC without a TS tower )
    2 Dragon Sleeves.
    Sentinel or Azure Gloves.
    Metalic Hoop.
    And probably a Shining Agility Leg Implant.

And then you'll approch the 1001 bow req.

Plus, with bows we have a crappy attack rating
    I have ~1030 attack rating, without a Metalic Hoop/Faded Bow, at lvl 197
    I missed 3 hits in a row on a NT few days ago, i was kinda pissed.
    Well, I was so pissed that I unequiped my bow, rushed the poor NT and got rooted/blinded. On my map ( Only thing I could see ), there were a big crowd of omnis in the right, a big crowd of clans in the left, and me, blinded, rooted, in the middle.
    I stayed there 10 sec, then a soldier saw me, and BAAMM ! reclaim
    I agree, that was not the cleverest thing I have done in my life.
    That was sorta funny Untill I received a tell from the soldier, "You a noob, you a gimp"... oh well

I hope at least you wont be the masters of that too...
    Actually... Enfos do way more dmg than us.
    And, untill they give us a bow with FS/Burst/FA we won't be the master of ranged combat.
    Last edited by Cronost; Dec 15th, 2002 at 15:34:23.

Yeah well... oh nevermind :P

See you do want it all

Tough shiitte if you gotta pull your UVC implants to increase bow ATK. Go buff beg for nano skills like everyone else.

Cronost runs into a melee firestorm, get's the stuffing beat outta him.....

Then POOF it's whine board sniffy posts and demands for uber gear/items and weapons.

No ranged X3 Bows for MA !

I feel even less pity now

Lokgen,
    MA rooter and reclaimer

ROFL! What MA past the year 29,000 is only going to be using his fists? That's laughable...

Well, if not range weapons, then allow me to have a short-range, flying jump and flip, lol. Ala "Hidden Dragon".

Seriously, Funcom really should have stopped all the loving for all these professions or, at minimum, made sure they were balanced as much as possible at any given moment. This idea of giving one profession love and allowing it to dominate and then moving on to the next until the last is the worst, again......well, it's just plain stupid.

Anyway, "grain of salt" on my posts as many are sarcastic and/or I'm trying to have a little fun. But, I'm serious when I say the MA and other professions do need some changes to balance the classes. NO profession should dominate any other profession in PvP, unless by done through the skill of the player. I call that a broken game, especially when the main focus is on PvP. Hell, it would be like playing Tekken, Mortal Combat, or another PvP game and having certain characters completely dominate others...not from skill, but just because they are made that way. Think about it.

What moron grabs an big metal beam and run straight into battle yelling 'Mongo BASH!' in the year 29,000 then? Lets not get logic into this.

Oh dude, do you think I whine coz I died once due to root ?

Well, MAs are useless in mass PvP, that's a fact. ( Agree or not, you seems to have no pvp experience at all. )
    Giving good bows/bow buff is a way to solve that.
    Giving us good way to deroot ( like enfo rage ) is another way to solve this problem.

Gah.
    Cya next nerf... You guy seems to enjoy the game, I bet you the next on the list.

As I have an nt main I can say that MA's have taken a huge hit in pvp. I'm 138 ish and against most ma's I don't even nullity or root. I use a pistol with no specials and I barely have to look at the screen to kill an ma.

Hoops had to put in his anti-ga fixer whine in this post as well. I think he puts it in every post including tradeskills. (don't make the nanocrystals! support us fixers in this) I agree it's sh#$ but you sound like a baby by now man.

I don't know how funcom can fix this however. I guess the simplest route would be to give ma's a great bow buff and a really viable bow that does near manex type damage.

Pvp will never be balanced in this game as it's impossible to do so. We will have to deal with rock paper scissors. But it would be nice if every class could be the scissors to three class' paper.
    Last edited by Xolus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 06:00:19.

Bump.

P.S

I'm ready to quit. If there were another game out there I would have left already. My ingame freinds are about the only other thing that's keeping me invloved.

Game balance should be FC's number1 priority. Not adding new hats and glasses. If the game isn't balanced fro all proffs then what's the point of adding 'neat stuff'?

If only FCs suits and accountants understood the importance of game balance!

Re: MAs needs a FIX badly !!!!!

Originally posted by nallepuuh
    Plz fix us MAs soon !
    Yes fix them please, you're doing way too many crits

Sorry, just being a bit mean here. (I'm an ma myself) :P
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123