Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAs needs a FIX badly !!!!!

Originally posted by Halestorm
    Just because we can, after finding a certain rare nano ona random outdoor boss, kill a certain profession in a certain armour that is good against other professions, doesnt mean that we are in anyway working in all other areas. Wohoo we are 1% functionable, since we can kill GA fixers, oh no wait thats uber, NERF NTs. How foolish of FC, we can actually hurt someone now, hope we dont get sued.
    Sh00 be off... you got your own whine thread okay? => http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=78847

Too many sucky players like you are playing an NT... I know countless good NT pvpers ...

You're just a suckass whining NT...learn to adapt and play your class...

I'm fixer I got Ga .. I have not whined about the NT nuke ...

dont' ******* b00h00 me with NT's are teh sux... YOU my friend... are TEH SUX!

Play an MA to level 160+ and notice the damage output from pvm in comparison to pvp go down to about 25% of pvm output ...

Try damage dumper sometime on both pvm and pvp ... and see that the 50% crit nerf was more then a 50% damage output nerf...

If you're still convinced MAs roxxor ... come back again and tell me all about it.

And I am very interested if you can even name me any Ma's with high titles that have been pvp active in the last month ... bet there are only a bunch of freshman and rookie ma's left... so yes ... ma's got pvp nerfed ...

*BUMP* for MA fix in pvp.

and no bump for *NERF NT* or *NERF any other class*!

/angry

AND take your cheeze with your whine!

/me throws cheeze at NT whine thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=78847
    Last edited by Abrikoosje; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:10:47.

Originally posted by Halestorm
    welcome to the world of the NT. No love patch ever, no response on our boards, endless nerf, but no fixes, insane reqs on aything new we get, insanely hard to get items that boost us just by a little little bit.
    NTs are fine <-period

that's why you're not getting love. best? maybe not. worst? NO WAY! Yeah it sucks you can't use your highest nano lines yourself but MA can't use their highest bow themselves either - and in PvM they obviously dont NEED to equip a Q200 bow to deal substantial damage.

Anyway point is, as an NT, if you want you can use the best dmg gun in the game for non-soldiers (which is Q200 Manex), OR a QB - and still have nukes. Since I have a good deal of experience with both classes ("both" being MA/NT), I can say with confidence that NT dont need anything (besides, you're getting that deck soon and I bet the farm all it has on it is +300 MC@ TL6), and all MA needs is their crits back in PvP (or higher base fist damage, or WWK, or a bow buff - but not all of them, IMO just one would be enough of a "fix"). *shrug*
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

All I can say is be thankful you had a period of time where your MA was actually uber. I beleive your place in line is back there.....pick up your little blue suit and head to the back of the line. You can wait just like us engies and mps.
    "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."

-==Oscar Levant==-

Also update ... FC's official position on MAs and all other non-MA melee classes (with exception of Enforcer) is ....

Don't give a Rat's arse about them.

That is all.

Originally posted by Abrikoosje

Sh00 be off... you got your own whine thread okay? => http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=78847

Too many sucky players like you are playing an NT... I know countless good NT pvpers ...

You're just a suckass whining NT...learn to adapt and play your class...

I'm fixer I got Ga .. I have not whined about the NT nuke ...

dont' ******* b00h00 me with NT's are teh sux... YOU my friend... are TEH SUX!

Play an MA to level 160+ and notice the damage output from pvm in comparison to pvp go down to about 25% of pvm output ...

Try damage dumper sometime on both pvm and pvp ... and see that the 50% crit nerf was more then a 50% damage output nerf...

If you're still convinced MAs roxxor ... come back again and tell me all about it.

And I am very interested if you can even name me any Ma's with high titles that have been pvp active in the last month ... bet there are only a bunch of freshman and rookie ma's left... so yes ... ma's got pvp nerfed ...

*BUMP* for MA fix in pvp.

and no bump for *NERF NT* or *NERF any other class*!

/angry

AND take your cheeze with your whine!

/me throws cheeze at NT whine thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=78847
    I'd rate this flame for about an 4...

Certainly not very original, but it has some subtle charm that sinks in after awhile... as agressivness its certainly among the better ones ive read... dump some IP into inteligence and try again and im sure you got the potential for an even better one

Thank you for participating though

(EDIT: PS: I still hate the whole 'roxxor' 'leet' 'teh suxx' crap, but in this post it works out fairly well.)
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3

Certainly not very original, but it has some subtle charm that sinks in after awhile... as agressivness its certainly among the better ones ive read... dump some IP into inteligence and try again and im sure you got the potential for an even better one

(EDIT: PS: I still hate the whole 'roxxor' 'leet' 'teh suxx' crap, but in this post it works out fairly well.)
    Centurion dont fed the trolls

she/he/IT could be tempted to write another "constructive" post!

As long as its done right, I dont mind at all.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

MA's are fine

MA's want the best of both worlds, not only do they do great hand to hand damage, but they also want a ranged weapon that pours out damage like gas at a chili festival.

PLUS !! MA's are already the second best Nano to Health converter professions in the game.

MA's are standing in the nine items or less line with a cart of 40 items.

Lokgen

Hoops: STFU your pitiful griping tear-stained GA rant has been milked for all its worth, you gotta be the most unhappy grief stricken person I've ever seen, stop off at the chemist and get some happy pills ok ? PROSAC ! Then buy a really big bottle of cheap wiskey and crawl into it

Re: MA's are fine

Originally posted by Lokgen
    MA's want the best of both worlds, not only do they do great hand to hand damage, but they also want a ranged weapon that pours out damage like gas at a chili festival.
    Hardly. Most of them chose ma to be a martial artist not to be an archer As it stands now the role of an ma in mass pvp is reduced to being an archer with a poor weapon (pow bow) that is still the best weapon they can equip.

PLUS !! MA's are already the second best Nano to Health converter professions in the game.
    Don't know the figures for nano/health on enlightened aura of healing compared to other heals therefore I won't comment on that. However they aren't very good healers. 8 sec recharge (unaffected by nano init btw) on their top heal that heals for about 700 on average. Hardly overpowering, slightly better than belamorte. Over time an ma can heal about as much as a soldier can with one more hit healing. Look up the respective nano's if you doubt that. Docs, adventurers and enforcers (mongo + layers) are way more efficient at selfhealing in pvp. Traders about equal and mp's a bit worse.
    That's the fabled 'MA healpower' for you: 700 on average with 8 sec recharge.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

MA's are standing in the nine items or less line with a cart of 40 items.
    eeuh ma only items:
    4 suits, aura magnifier (very rare tarra drop), claws?, torture tool, howling bow (not ingame), spirit focus tattoo

I may have forgotten some obscure item but I certainly haven't forgotten a lot. Not really that much ma only items when you try to sum them up is there?

Possibly you just like to bash down people, possibly you are just misinformed about ma's.

PvM (as long as mob ql < 210 anyways) ma's are still a very, very good class. They are tailormade for BS missions so to say.

PvP MA's are very bad atm. Fists are crit reliant weapons. Crits got halved in pvp. IE ma's don't deal a lot of damage in pvp using fists. Very little actually.
    Secondly using fists in mass pvp usually requires you tp get close to your opponent. Kindof hard to do with all the roots flying around. Never wondered why you see most ma's using a bow in mass pvp? Maybe you should think of that a bit, I'll give a tip: bows are not a very good weapon

Originally posted by Hoops

At least MAs can kill fixers who either do not have or are not wearing Grid Armor. You may laugh, but it's true.
    Heh maybe we could. Haven't seen a high tl5 or tl6 fixer wo GA in a loooooong time though

ROAR !

MA's are the second best Nano to Health converters, Mongo is self only, MP pets aren't a Nano to Health recharge and have a much longer refresh rate. Soldiers are invited to teams for the damage and tanking ability, not for healing.

Everyones crit chance was reduced.

MA's aren't Bruce Lee in the same light as Agents aren't James Bond, in AO it's adapt or die

MA's don't have to run around begging MP's for nano skill buffs just to be competitive like Engie's, Crat's or NT's

Tower PvP requires support from many professions, it isn't a one on one duel in the carebear environment of Tir Arena. I get the feeling that many people are gas camping for solo duels and are getting their ass handed to them, then come here to b^%$h how they got rooted and reclaimed.

Lokgen Agent RK2

BTW: Agent's are the AO Archer class, when the tank class gets close, I run to recover distance, when I get rooted and then engaged by a MA/Enf/Sol I'm dead meat
    Last edited by Lokgen; Dec 14th, 2002 at 20:03:33.

BTW: Agent's are the AO Archer class, when the tank class gets close, I run to recover distance, when I get rooted and then engaged by a MA/Enf/Sol I'm dead meat
    If it's a MA, root him before he is near you just like the adv, root them.... pretty simple.

MA's require support, if you guys want to run around the LC unit area like a fixer or agent, I WILL root and reclaim you. If you tanks wait for me at the LC Unit, I'll be the one at reclaim.

Lokgen

MA's are the second best Nano to Health converters, Mongo is self only, MP pets aren't a Nano to Health recharge and have a much longer refresh rate. Soldiers are invited to teams for the damage and tanking ability, not for healing.
    gotta say MA is #3, advent is #2

all has to do with healing/time and ma heals have longer recharges.

roflol that was "coffie out the nose" funny! *I just didnt have a mouthfull when I read it*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

{edit} 2nd to 3rd best nano converters

What MA's really want is a inate ability to resist roots and a Pow Bow that hits like a X3 with 41M range at 1:1 on full defense, but will still allow them the Bruce Lee kung fu benifits.

Lokgen
    Last edited by Lokgen; Dec 14th, 2002 at 22:01:15.

Plz fix us MAs soon !
    Agreed, we could do with some FC luv
    SdKfz182
    Omni Enforcer lvl 43/3
    Formerly Vhaal and Ghilson
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

what really blows me away is that MA's were Funcom's lovechild for a long time, then they were nerfed to as bad if not worse than when they were the damage capping kings.

now, assuming funcom is predictable, Fixa's are going to get a major gimpage in a couple of months, and a couple of months after that enforcers will get a major gimpage. (following the order of lovechildness).

the reason MA's are worse than when they were capping is because lots of classes have gotten love (fixer, enforcer, meta's (yes it was a while ago, but you got it), agents (200% crit chance), advents (sol blades and new nano's)....

basically you guys are where you were then, and the rest of us (sorry engies ) are better than we were then.

bah.

we are talking pvp only here obviously, as pvm MA is still a force.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

When I play a MA, PvP is something I stray far from. Now, if the MA played like they should, having throwing items, spears, numbchucks(sp?), and other items that can cause more pain then constant fist attacks, then I think it would be more realistic. However, I have to say that it's not too realistic to say that MAs should be able to do well at killing others who have guns and/or more dangerous weapons.

After all, aren't MAs masters of certain weapons, also? As a MA, I sure don't see much of anything that I can use as a weapon in AO. It's something I would like to see added to the profession, other than just 1 new bow. I don't want to be an archer, but give me the opportunity to use throwing stars, chucks, staffs, poison darts, and other MA type items and I'm sure the range and damage could be much more realistic.

Anyway, just my 2 cents as to what I always wanted an MA to fight like in PvP. I have a very difficult time thinking anyone can dominate in PvP using only there fists when others have guns, offensive nano lines, pets, and etc...

*Reminds me of a movie I saw...a MA was going crazy in front of a guy with all his fist action...the guy just pulls out a gun and kills him...end of scene*

/angry
    Lokgen, you obviously don't know how useless are MAs in notum wars.
    Personnaly, I don't care about my fists damage, since I CAN'T use them.
    Any fix that will be done to our fist will just be useles. Only things that might help us is a way to break roots. Or deadly bows, and bow buffs, but if that's the only way to do decent dmg in pvp, that'll piss off all the MAs that chosed this prof to do melee dmg.

Oh well, I don't even know why I answer you... I bet you'll ask for a MA nerf in your next post.

Chopit, FC tried to introduce Sharp Obj in 14.6, here's the result :
    Aluminum Throwing Dagger
    That was bugged and, frankly, i doubt any MA would have spent 200k IP to use such crappy item.
    Imho, a MA, once he succeded to approche his target, must be deadly. That's why, we must be sensible to roots and snare. But atm we are ultra sensible to roots, and even if we succed to approch our target, we won't do significant damage.

BUMP for a MA fix, I frankly don't want to lvl a TL6 enforcer.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

It's ok to be angry and flame me, but you still want it all, close combat damage dealing combined with the ability to sling arrow's like an X3 / 41M at 1:1 full def AND heal yourself at the same time AND have the ability to INSTANTLY break roots.

/soapbox
    MA need to adapt, if you need to bring a root class along with you to a tower battle then do it.

My NT ALWAYS teams with a fixer friend, we work in concert together, nothing needs to be said between us during battle because we each know each other, and know how to deal with player adds. With all of that in our favour, I still live at reclaim more than on the battlefield.

I feel no pity for MA'S

Lokgen

Rats {edit again}

MA's do need a mastery bow buff equal to UA
    Last edited by Lokgen; Dec 15th, 2002 at 01:23:41.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast