Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any teasers about the 2 new classes

any teasers about the 2 new classes

supposedly playable in shadowlands due soon?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: any teasers about the 2 new classes

Originally posted by Blackwing
    due soon?

LMAO soon!!! SOON??? hahahahahaaaaa............ yeah right
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

Yeah soon, just as in we will have reimbursement tools "Soon" TM and we will fix pet pathing "Soon" TM
    Last edited by Ensign M; Dec 10th, 2002 at 20:32:36.

Well, we have reimbursement tools now...
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Ya

Only took 16 months
    NutsnBolts 207 Engineer

Soon(TM), though here Soon has a new meaning
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

(suggestion/guess. not at all related to any facts)

class 1:
    Ninja
    A mixture between the agent and the Martial Artist, the ninja is an expert on silent kills. His main source of damage comes from his deadly poisin-coated sword, arrowheads or shurikens. The ninja is silent, swift and deadly. He also has a special attack, using thrown weaponskill, as he tosses poisoned darts at his foes.

strengths: Hiding, high damage, fast runner. He can even hide from enemies allready engage in combat with him.

weaknesses: If the ninja doesn't kill it's victim fast, he will probably not kill it at all.

class 2:
    Scientist
    Basicly, a scientist is an engineer without a pet. A scientist has no real means of offensive capabilities, since they tend to stay in laboratories and tinker while others stay on the battlefield.
    They excell in tradeskills, but that's the only place they're any good.

Strengths: Tradeskills. They gain 100% more XP from tradeskills compared to other professions.

Weaknesses: Anything that's not concidered a tradeskill.

class 3:
    Librarian
    When Jobe was built, the first thing that was finished, wass the library. The knowledge center. The librarians are excellent at keeping order in things, and thus get 20% extra room in their inventory and all backpacks/banks. They have also been trained in hiding armor under their 'social' clothes. Since they have free access to all gathered knowledge, they excell in any weapon category they should choose. They're almost as good as an enforcer with melee skills, almost as gppd as a soldier with ranged weaponry, almost as good as a martial artist with unarmed combat. Anything anyone else can do, a librarian can do almost as good, by reading lots and lots of books about different techniques.
    They do, however not excell in speed. Just reading about it makes you technically good, but since they rarely actually perform the deadly art, all kinds of inits/evades/runspeed are severely injured compared to anyone else.

strengths: they're almost as good as anyone else in anything.

weakness: what others normally do fast, librarians may need to double check their books, and is thus slower down conciderably. They get the job done, but perhaps abit slower than the next guy.

class 4:
    Thief
    A thief is a thief. He steals stuff. Thisprofession is the only one actually capable of stealing things from other players. As the agent, a thief has disguise-nanos. Mimic'ing other professions. Although a thief's mimics don't have a duration. They last until a new one is chosen. With a disguise-kit, he can also appear to be a different breed than he really is. (but beware when doing that, as it can give you away, if your solitus-looking toon is carrying a beam). The thief isn't really good in combat. He gain XP from selling stolen goods to a special shop labelled 'the thief's guild', situated in most large towns. The stealing mechanics rely on the thief's concealmentskill checked vs the victims perceptionskill. If successful, the thief will get away with a small % of the victims total money, and a random number of item in the victims bank/inventory/backpacks. Nodrop items can not be stolen in this manner. If unseuccessful, however, depending on the grade of failure, the victim will know what's going on, and may find out who did it. If so, the thief can be attacked and killed. If failure is large enough, guards will aid in killing the thief. After killing the thief, the previous victim can then loot the thief's body for half the items (random) in his/her inventory (again, nodrop items don't count), and 50% of the thief's total cash.
    So, it's important for a thief to visit the thief'sguild often, to 'secure' his effort by transforming it into XP.

strenghts: have the potential of beeing the welthiest man on RubiKa.

weaknesses: Have the potential of beeing the loneliest man alive. That and dying quite often due to failed robberies.

streng

umm guys

you can laugh at it if you wish but fact is that this entire board makes no sense unless it doles out shadowlands info now.

notum wars has basically its own board since it is released now and this board is in the "future anarchy" section.

i am not talking about when it comes out or patch notes but some class descriptions, visions (tm) or screenshots would own since the shadowlands page was last updated hmm let me think...

*one more thing:
    with shadowlands now gone, what additions will the game see to justify the crazy nano reqs on everything remotely resembled to class luv dropped in the last hmm 4 months?

it would be nice to show us you knew how to handle that if you catch my drift.*
    Last edited by Blackwing; Dec 10th, 2002 at 23:53:11.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Let it be known that I was the first to say "nerf the 2 new profs".

dammit.

If they do make a scientist as you describe though they had better offer to change any engies too it and IPR our skills so we can specialize in that or i predict FC looses 5.9% of their playerbase

I predict no-one would play a scientist as described above because, even with tradeskills giving twice the amount of XP they do now (that's what +100% equals), you wouldn't be able to level off of them.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by Shista
    dammit.

If they do make a scientist as you describe though they had better offer to change any engies too it and IPR our skills so we can specialize in that or i predict FC looses 5.9% of their playerbase
    just so you know. What I wrote has nothing, I repeat nothing with any realistic facts. It popped into my mind at 01.00 AM while beeing influenced by alcaholic beverages.

oh, in the end:
    Some new info on Shadowlands would be cool, although I kinda doubt it. I mean, NW isn't fully released yet (some people still haven't gotten it yet), and it's a while until SL will be out.

I'd love some info and teasers about it, but I seriously doubt it will come for some time.

Originally posted by Shatai
    I predict no-one would play a scientist as described above because, even with tradeskills giving twice the amount of XP they do now (that's what +100% equals), you wouldn't be able to level off of them.
    would 500% do it?

-edit-
    poll
    Last edited by Skybert; Dec 11th, 2002 at 09:33:02.

2 new professions:

We removed the Engi and NT classes since we didnt like them. We replaced them with a drunken midget and a ape in a ballet dress.

Originally posted by Halestorm
    2 new professions:

We removed the Engi and NT classes since we didnt like them. We replaced them with a drunken midget and a ape in a ballet dress.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

Re: (suggestion/guess. not at all related to any facts)

Originally posted by Skybert
    class 1:
    Ninja
    class 4:
    Thief
    Im confused

Re: Re: (suggestion/guess. not at all related to any facts)

Originally posted by Tium

Im confused
    yeah he suggests that we completely undermine the purpose of being a Fixer :P

all the crap that fixers are supposed to be able to do, but in two new, probobly gimped classes that cant do them either!
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

Re: (suggestion/guess. not at all related to any facts)

Originally posted by Skybert
    class 3:
    Librarian
    When Jobe was built, the first thing that was finished, wass the library. The knowledge center. The librarians are excellent at keeping order in things, and thus get 20% extra room in their inventory and all backpacks/banks. They have also been trained in hiding armor under their 'social' clothes. Since they have free access to all gathered knowledge, they excell in any weapon category they should choose. They're almost as good as an enforcer with melee skills, almost as gppd as a soldier with ranged weaponry, almost as good as a martial artist with unarmed combat. Anything anyone else can do, a librarian can do almost as good, by reading lots and lots of books about different techniques.
    They do, however not excell in speed. Just reading about it makes you technically good, but since they rarely actually perform the deadly art, all kinds of inits/evades/runspeed are severely injured compared to anyone else.

strengths: they're almost as good as anyone else in anything.

weakness: what others normally do fast, librarians may need to double check their books, and is thus slower down conciderably. They get the job done, but perhaps abit slower than the next guy.

I like this idea-- I'd play this for sure
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Re: Re: Re: (suggestion/guess. not at all related to any facts)

Originally posted by Luciana

yeah he suggests that we completely undermine the purpose of being a Fixer :P

all the crap that fixers are supposed to be able to do, but in two new, probobly gimped classes that cant do them either!
    ehm...I said was confused because he had ninja/thief listed as 2 seperate classes....nm hehe

Next!

Re: Re: Re: Re: (suggestion/guess. not at all related to any facts)

Originally posted by Tium

ehm...I said was confused because he had ninja/thief listed as 2 seperate classes....nm hehe

Next!
    thief steals, ninja kills.

big difference.

oh, and yeah, it could be perceived as undermining the fixer, since a fixer is the 'shady' profession in AO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast