Thread: Player shops,shop improvements,and some game mechnics.

Talking Player shops,shop improvements,and some game mechnics.

There should be player shops like they have on EQ(The Bazaar).I'm alright with selling my stuff but it would be more efficient if we had something like this and we would have less chat traffic from all the people trying to sell stuff.The aggrivation it would save,especially from the people who heckle you cause they don't like your prices or think they can sell better,would be a real lifesaver.
    On another subject,I think the shops we have now should be revamped abit.I think all the the stuff should have it's own catageory,example: You'd start with one type of weapon like 1h blunt,then as you go along you'd get to 2h blunt,then 1h slashing, then 2h slashing,and so on.This especially should apply for nano clusters at the supermarkets.I think they should have them like above but by body part(foot,eye,head,etc.) and have more veriety(spl?) of skills per part.I can't tell you how many hours I've spent trying to make custom implants cause the premade ones aren't very good(they should make those better as well) but I can't find any for a certain part or have to settle for a skill that's less useful then I wanted.
    BRING BACK AUCTIONBOT!!
    I think there should be a way to stack items that you've used some of the charges on and unstack itmes such as stims or medkits,so if a team is running low on ammo or medical supplies they can simply split it up and pass it around rather then passing the entire stack.This should especially apply to medical items,it would save more time and space if we could do this.I've played on EQ,DAOC,and AO,and EQ is the only game out of them all that I could do this.It seems like pretty basic thing to have in.When you loot something and your primary inventory is full the stuff should go into a bag that isn't full.
    And finally there should be a window you can open up that shows everyone who is LFG in your zone and it should show their class and lvl,like they have on DOAC.
    That's about it.

Ack. That was painful to read

But I agree. Some sort of in-game auction system or shop-from-players system would be nice.

Categorized by item type, ql and possibly profession.

Not sure if this is feasible anytime soon, as I think the entire shop mechanics needs to be redone...the current state of the shop is not good. It's like going to a shop only to be presented with a barrel'o'stuff and you have to dig thru it to find what you need, if it is there at all

I understand that even in the future, shops can get out of stock.

But in a future with spaceships, nanotechnology and instantenous communications, surely there could be a shopping net, showing where things are in stock ?
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !