Thread: Search for hidden objects

Search for hidden objects

Ok

Under the actions menu there is a button called search for hidden objects.

When you press it you get a glowie blue expanding circle.

Does it actually do anything else?

Has anyone actually found anything using this method?

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Yes... it will detect traps in chests and doors, which you can then use the Bomb Disarament Tools to disable... gives you some xp if you succeed.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

How do you search? I used to do this all the time at launch (remember the cool bug you could trigger by using it a lot, over and over, while moving? Pretty spin-art!).

I can't find it under Keyboard though

Also used for perception check, for checking for players who are in concealed mode.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

At lower leverls, you can find traps on chests with it, with only a minimal IP investment in perception.
    At higher levels, it might as well not even exist. Mid-to-high level traps are unfindable. Instead of wasting time trying to search the chests, just immediately try to disarm the chest. Disarm twice, then try to open... with a decent trap disarm skill, you'll never blow up again.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

IPR'd my trap disarm

I thought it would be nice to be able to disarm my own traps, and I was doing the double click thing with my disarm tools. But it wasnt getting enough Xp to be worth my while, and I can take the blow if it does blow up in my face. So, I IPR'd trap disarm and put it all into something else.

I am only using trap disarm on my agent and fixer now.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

FYI ...

Perception vs Concealment - explanation in a baby mantishell
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=76698
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

what --- is --- the --- search --- hotkey --- ?

IMO Search are not working as it should att least on high Q missions.
    With 750 Perception and 3-4 tries i have not been able to detect traps on q193 chests.
    Same goes for Disarm i have 650 skill and after 4 tries i can still set off traps (kinda retarder when you only need 400 skill to open q200 chest)
    Also Xp reward for Disarming are more or less useless it is about 2X as Lock reward. So q200 Disarm will give about 9-9.5k xp wich is more or less nothing att those times when you do q200 missions.
    If disarming would give same xp as Mob of same Lv (like 70-80k for q200 mob) and about half pf that exp for picking doors then spent IP would really be worth.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?