Thread: Borgs doing one-hit-kill specials

Borgs doing one-hit-kill specials

There once was a thread on this in the 14.7 forum, and it thereby got lost in the mists of time as that forum was closed.
    The thread contained several posts from ppl having experienced this, along with a link to a screenshots for the non-believers.

The reason I'm mentioning this again is that I can't recall any official answer ever given (please do correct me if I'm wrong) on whether this is "working as intended".
    Also, this crap occurred again today, with a cyborg FA'ing me for 4,8k, which to me at lvl 157 is a one-hit-kill.

Would be much appreciated if someone would come out and tell us whether this is something we'ld better get used to. Or is it another bug you're unable to figure out?
    Last edited by Hitokage; Dec 9th, 2002 at 23:57:04.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

If they weren't so bloody rare, that might actually be viable. . .
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

My experience from the recent weeks and 25'ish mill xp worth of cyborg hunting has been that teams/players interested in going are about as rare as the armor pieces themselves (what's up with the drop rate and relative ql on those anyway). And I bet the availability of engies in this isn't any better.
    Although it might be noone wants to team with me

Anyways... all this is a bit beside the point here.
    I just want to know, from official sources, if this is something we're supposed to put up with while chasing this uber rarity (must be uber to be this hard to get), in addition to messed up drop values.
    Last edited by Hitokage; Dec 10th, 2002 at 14:57:33.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

-

Don't fear the night...
    -

-

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Saw it happen for the first time this weekend - I was in PW killing borgs with aanother fixer (me 146 him 165) and another team showed up (~90-120) and was quickly brutalized by a very bad puller and some angry borgs lol.

The doc returned (121 I think) and joined us as we were laying waste to borg after borg (no CDS in 5 hrs)

After the other fixer left, it was just the 2 of us cleaning up borg after borg when suddenly one warped out of nowhere, agroed the doc, and hit him with a 4k burst.

It was the ONLY time in several hours of hunting that he got agroed and it was a 1 shot kill
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Bump! for a reply
    Buford Hitokage Matt

-

Don't fear the night...
    -

-

I've soloed probably 500 borgs since 14.6, but this only happened to me once. Tonight, earlier. I was attempting to take down 3 of them, got one down and ran back to the other two (rooted) and grabbed one. As I was pulling it away, the rooted one FAed me for 3800-odd damage, which of course killed me to death seeing as how I was around 1400 HP at the time.

I do occasionally get hit by specials on blitzes and such, I always guessed it was an odd fluke when mobs lose LOS. I might've lost LOS to the rooted one - but I've lost LOS to borgs all the time when I'm taking down more than one and I only got FAed this once. Dunno what the deal is.

Mob specials need to follow the same rules as PC's do (vs other PCs.)

Getting killed because you were at half health? Fine.
    Getting hit for more health than you can possibly have? Not good.
    --

Its not only Cyborgs that like to throw the occasional special.

I know at least one in my org was one shot killed by an agent MOB (AS ). I've been killed more then once by Soldier mobs while soloing (burst). Not one shot kills, but 1/1 vs a reflect shield and the nasty AR of soldiers keep me pretty low on health most of the time.

If you run out of the room you are fighting the soldier mob in and he gets you back in LOS they tend to burst you, same with Fixer mobs too.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Happened to me as well in PW at the Cyborg Barracks. A 5082 FA on my sorry ass. I've also encountered mobs doing specials while soloing too - nukes, bursts, and I think soldier mobs casting a real short TMS (could be wrong tho).

Kinda demoralizing after 2 hours of pulling and all that xp going poof.

ahhh yes

reminds me of LW casting exterminators
    now that i think about it, that was kinda fun - but then again, that was missioning for xp and this, it would seem, is really more like farming items which is never fun to begin with and must probably be rather frustrating with 1 shot kills.

Wink

God forbid engineers have even a slightly desireable buff, we best nerf it right away.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

When fighting borgs, I regularly see people down to 1/3 health.
    The engineer special attack blocker would still be wanted, even without one-hit-kill shots.
    --