Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nano Regen rate

Nano Regen rate

Not too far back, we did a lot of talking about nano regen clusters. We wooted a lot and told everybody they'd get +110 nano every 10 sec with QL200 implants in.

Turns out that's not 100% true. Got in trouble with an enf in my guild because he redid his implants, but was only getting nano about every 30 sec. It wasn't anywhere near as nice as I'd told him it would be.

At this point, it appears that the rate of nano regen is tied to Psychic. In the most straightforward test we could come up with, the enforcer raised his Psychic by 40 points and his nano regen rate improved by about 4 sec.

In asking other people what their Psychic was and how fast their nano ticked, we think Psychic may not be the only factor. But it clearly is at least one factor.

So, bottom line is that your mileage may vary with these implants and Atroxes get the short end of this particular stick because of their lower breed max.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Tied to psychic for sure?

Or tied to nano pool maybe? Psychic's a big trickle-down in nanopool. Just a thought... more testing is probably needed.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

well there is yet another slap in the face! ok when i made this char what jackass told me solitus where better docs? :/ GRRRRR. o well..... not even any competition n-e more. nanogimp pwns...

long live soli! supremicists 4 life!

/sentak.

{Moderator: Language...}
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 9th, 2002 at 20:12:47.
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]

Wow. Guildie just tested this for me with an alt. Lvl 20 character, each nano tick of 6 points, 1.5 MINUTES in between each tick (!!)

That's.. a really interesting discovery. And it makes sense too. Otherwise a noob character would have a full nanopool after about 1 minute if it was one tick every 10 seconds like it is for me right now at level 200.

Nice find Hypos. Nice find.

Either way as a doc i hope you max intel and psychic

Add to those nano skills

Very interesting indeed, nice discovery!
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Erm... Credit the enf with the discovery. His annoyance at getting less than expected from his implants led him to lead the investiagation.

His name's Dyna2. Just saying that for the record.

It's still not certain that it's 100% Psychic based. We've not done tests in enough detail yet to verify that. Just asking a few people what their Psychic was and what their regen time is led to some odd numbers. Could be any of 3 things:[list=1][*]There's could be another factor[*]It may not be a straight line correlation[*]Timing a small number of ticks with a wristwatch may be too imprecise[/list=1]
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

The most thorough way to test if it's between Psychic or Nanopool would be:

1. Time your current rate of regen ticks. Note down your Nanopool stat value.
    2. IPR Nanopool and time it again.

If Time(1) and Time(2) are equal, or reasonably so, then we know that Nanopool has no effect on nano regen rate. The test can be stopped here. Otherwise, continue.

3. IPR Psychic; Max Nanopool, time it again. Note down your Nanopool stat value without any IP in Psychic.
    4. Max Psychic again and put your stuff back on before you forget and run off to defend some towers as a gimp

At this point we'd know that Nanopool affects regen tick rate; the question we're trying to determine is how much effect Psychic has on that. By comparing the difference in tick times from Time(1) and Time(3) and coming up with a percentage, and by comparing Nanopool with Psychic to Nanopool without Psychic as a percentage.

If the percentages are about even, then we know that Psychic itself doesn't matter, but the trickle-down to nanopool does.

And no, I'm not volunteering, I just finished some IPRing and it'll be a pain in the tush to get some of my new refined implants back in
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

posted by Jynne

And no, I'm not volunteering, ...
    Heh, that's what I was wondering. Maybe could start an alt. Level him to 5 or 7 without raising Psychic or nanopool, time it and then max one at a time to see which it is.
    Shadow Ops

You didnt know this ??

bodydev amount = hp delta speed
    nanopool amount = nano delta speed

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

are you saying NanoDelta speed is faster if you have more nanopool skill?

I've asked people for different skills and their regeneration rate, and not 1 skill seems to show a nice line of results.

I got jumpy numbers both on psychic and nano pool.
    None giving proof for 1 of them being the primary thing that affects the recharge rate.

I did however found that adding 130 points of psychic skill increased my regen rate from 27 to 20 seconds.

So this is still a bit of a mystery of what skills exactly have an effect on the recharge rate, because nor nano pool nor psychic could be concluded to attribute for the entire recharge number.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Well, since Psychic raises nanopool...

Maybe Letah is right and we're all just ignorant

I'm right

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Originally posted by Letah
    I'm right
    nor nano pool nor psychic could be concluded to attribute for the entire recharge number

Well explain this then
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

My natural regeneration is every 8th second. If this is tied to psychic, nanopool or both, I dunno, since both are fairly high with me

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

it's good to know it will go over "once every 10 seconds"

I think I'll try some implants for Pychic and some for Nanopool and see which affects it, next chance I get.

Hmm, doc forums? Think I'm lost... Anyways, just my experiences. Scenerio #1:
    at lvl 130 I first implanted for a full ql 200 nano delta imps. I had been told before hand that they gave +110 every 10 seconds. But, when I cast challenger to behemoth, I only got about 75% of the nano cost in the 60+ seconds. I had 321 psychic for VT eggs at the time.

Scenerio #2:
    Maxed psychic at lvl 160ish. 430 with 2x VT eggs (atrox remember so dont laugh). Same results. My latest challenger lasts 85 seconds, and costs 1124 nano. Still getting about 75% nano. No effect on the nano regen rate with 100 more psychic.

Meaning:
    Think Letah owned joo all -Frost
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Check here for help on How to Self Cast FFoK/UVC Pre 190

Freshman Ian "FrostGigas" Warr - lvl 167 Blade Trox

The Shark Ethic: Eat the Wounded, Kill the Gimped

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast