Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Limiting in its Current state does not work.

ok , i sympothize with you .. u know that , But what ur saaying is totaly got me rolling on the floor .

The zones that get the most traffic get the most bandwidth , hence zones that dont get alot of traffic have less bandwidth (simple server management)

Im sorry if you feel its a consperiacy against you (as Omni) but honestly i dont think it is.

As for the CC working or not ... i dont think its working as inteanded and i agree 100% in ur posts on that subject. but thinking of the alternitives i dont know if i wanna go back to no CC .

My advice to you Sky(as poor as it may be ) is to pick a new zone and try your luck there (although you destroying a clan base in PW so my guild could inturn destroy urs would pls me alot , we want some PW land ) sorry if it sounds harsh or rude .

You rushed, you didn't properly test, you didn't bother to debug the original resource problems wreaking havoc within the game properly before going forward with NW in the first place, and now you've angered lots of people by implementing something so contradictive of a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. If we wanted Counter-Strike with role playing elements, we'd all be playing Natural Selection.

Gaute sounded so very apologetic in his article on Crowd Control. You could see right through the pathetically chosen words and understand clearly that they knew all to well that this Crowd Control was a way to sweep the resource problems under the rug until a later time cause he knows that the game breaks when you put lots of people in the same area. I'm sure that quite a few of you have seen Camelot's lag at its finest. What did you expect when you gather masses of people in the same area in any zone bigger the Camelot?

If I were you guys, I'd take Crowd Control out of the game immediately and then I'd put all of your programmers to work on making the game robust enough to handle a massive two to three hundred person battle.

As for GM intervention in current events? LOL. I have heard the stories but with the game so badly ****ed, what difference does it make anyway?
    .: Naraya :.

The point is very simple why we get too many people on both sides.

1st we all bought NW - guess why - to fight for land and have some fun in PvP. That's atleast why i bought it.

For the most of the time the landcontrol spots are 100%. We all know that it needs some planning to create a successful attack. So once a gaslvl of a certain landcontrol spot moves down to 25% people start to fight about. The point is that absolutly EVERYONE who bought NW, EVERYONE who likes PvP and EVERYONE who has a friend inside the main attackers/defenders will come and help out / try to have some fun.

This system WOULD be fine if it wouldnt concentrate all the action involved in landcontrol fights into a single spot of a certain zone.

You can't do anything else outside of the 25% gas, even if you want to be attackable you need to hit someone inside 25%, run out and hope that someone outside/away from the lag attacks you and gives you a good fight.

I wrote it already 100 times in almost all forums and tons of people said "yeah do it, FC" - simply pvpflag people who initiate an attack on a player or a tower for 30 minutes. That way it not only stops gashogging/zoning - it also spreads up the fights a bit and people who usually died once prolly wont risk it coming back within the next 30 minutes.

Even when i'm pvpflagged and get attacked by someone in 75% he gets flagged too, so the pyramid effect of that will make fights spread up to the zone since you can hunt people. Needless to say that if some1 currently runs away you can just stop attacking since if he hits ESC once you no longer can attack him. Maybe you are lucky and get him - but most people just zone/gashog and run away - makes it even more laggy.

Warping people away is absolutly no solution since they come back. The CC System in it's current state is a mess and i doubt it will work in a way that makes pvp/landcontrol fights still fun.

Regards,
    Jannerik

I cant say anything about EFP, but I do know PW quite well. I doubt there was any exploit needed to crash it. Before the amount of creatures were placed back to release level, PW could become unstable if more than two or three teams were fighting in one area. Its the outland version of tir city. With the increase in creatures and now towers....it has no real chance.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Bump!

Fix this lag with a real solution. Crowd Control does not work in its current state. Another weekend down the dumper...sheesh!

Originally posted by Warsprite
    There is no reason for omnis to have 5% suppression according to the story. We all work for the same company and one department should NEVER be ordered to attack another. 5% supression for clans on the other hand makes sense because of the infighting.

CC does NOT work. GET IT OFF LIVE.
    While I agree, since when has anything really followed the story?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Jannerik is right.

With people running around gas/zone line hugging in PvP, Funcom will be hard pressed making this work.

Bump for PvP Flag.

Even the previous massive lag, crashloops and server lost messages was 'enjoyable' compared to this utter CC crap. Atleast you had a standing chance as who crashlooped seemed random.

Another serious problem is the zones and gas all together! Standing practically ON the controller of our EFP base last night, tabbing through the possible targets, almost ALL of them was in a non PvP zone/in grace?? (Rifle, 40m range) For crying out loud, if you're there to attack a base a base or defend it you should atleast be able to? There is no war, only borderhugging. Extending the area around the base so that you couldn't even target a player that was NOT in a pvp zone would maybe make it a war no? And even better, it would move players that were killed OUT of the zone to allow for those fighting/defending less lag and more to take part?

Add to the insane lag, and it's TAB-Attack, TAB-Attack in an endless cycle, and when it suddenly finds a target that is not borderhugging or in grace, that person could very well be swimming around in a lake several zones away for the past 5 minutes.

I'm not sure wether to laugh or cry, but if this was a demo of NW, not a single person would even considering purchasing this utter piece of crap.
    Last edited by Ellusion; Dec 7th, 2002 at 15:34:22.
    Cheers,
    Ellusion
    Anarchy Arcanum
    ---
    201 Ellusion, Doctor | Eqp
    202 Snowfish, Agent | Eqp
    215 Edeus, Doc-pet | Eqp

Proud General of Ragnarok

Re: Re: Agree 100%

Originally posted by Brutal Truuth

BtW , i notice BoB slapped up a base there in replacement of yours , intended or they trying to screw u in land control ?

Nope we're just placeholders for Ren

And I agree CC is totally screwed up. Seeing a bunch of lowbies parked at a 200 base defense... doing nothing, just sitting there. Gee makes you wonder doesn't it?

Loved visiting Omni Forest a few times during that as well. Or being warped right next to a huge group of clanners hehe where i lasted maybe 10 seconds at best =)

But the best part was when a second team broke to hit some clan bases to cause some distractions and the same orgs that were attacking ren towers had... 100% gas bases?!

<--- I want to be able to do that, so my org's bases will stay 100% gas while I get to have unbridaled fun and joy.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Current CC system is not working, and should be removed from live asap.

We all said it was broken, FC said they wanted to test it anyway.

Now it's live, tested and found to be as broken as we predicted.

No need to prolong the frustration -- get it off live servers until you can come up with something that is actually worth testing.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Hell, take Live off of Live. It's been tested and found to be as broken as we predicted.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Bumping this

The CC dont work.

Lag didnt get better and now you also got those annoying messages that you cant enter. I was lucky not to be warped out though but our battle chat was full of it and people being _very_ surprised that they found themself in Omni-Forest.. I mean what the @#$.

Zarch and da chars

Drop all the higher level zones down to 25% while keeping the towers on their periodic 100%/25%/5& pattern. This will spread the battle out.
    MP's should be FEARED.

/me wonders why not any of the developers has responded to this yet.

oh yeah a small deserved "B"

the easiest answer to this is that they dont care

Regards,
    Jannerik

Occham's Razor to the rescuuuuue!
    Hi.

Big bump for that CC need to be fixed, it works really bad now, would be better if only the guild that got attacked and the guild that attacked tower first could fight if you can't get a working CC going.

About Storm and other clanners exploiting it, that's just plain stupid, Storm are a big guild, ofcourse they come with many people.

I have never been at a base that suddenly turned to 100% in middle of fight when it was several hours left, but I heared it happend 2-3 times for clanners (Storm, Apoc and 1 more base) and once for omni (MoK?) I assume this is a bug, IF it's a GM playing god or someone actually doing this on purpose, I sure hope he gets fired/kicked and banned right away.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

PvP flags for NW will not work.

Yes, it's convenient for anyone who is actually there to attack your tower, but what about the people who are there to attack *you*?

With a proposed flag-system, they would have to attack your tower first and then hope that you'd attack them so that they could fight. Under a flag system, I see defenders crowding the tower and focusing all thier firepower on one person at a time, since he's the only person who could fight back.

Suppression gas is the best solution.
    Last edited by Hoops; Dec 9th, 2002 at 16:23:19.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

The PvP flag system is for people who are attacking towers, without having a guild, or having a base.

It make them liable for ther actions, just as those of us with bases are liable for ours.

And, I just want to say thanks to BoB, Dorzeal, Ostioperosis, for chatting with me, and coordinating to get our base built back up. Thanks guys.

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast