Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Limiting in its Current state does not work.

Crowd Limiting in its Current state does not work.

I just participated in a huge battle. In EFP at aprox 1600 1000, the Renaissance level 200 base, this was a small control area, here are the results:

Omni had gathered quite a few people to help defend. Ren doesnt have alot of people like storm. That have hundereds of people who can come on an attack, they also got Apoc's help, and a lot of other guilds.

The result was 50 clan to the north, and 50 clan to the south, with all of the omni defenders in the midddle.

As soon as the base began being attacked... Low and be hold all the omni defenders were warped out.

The warp locations included omni forest, the middle of a lake, north and south zone lines, and quite a few other places.

The omni numbers continued to shrink, and the clan numbers did not. The ren base was destroyed because we only hade 15 people (our current online people) able to get into deffend, And the the clan just kept comming. There was nothing we could do, all the omni defenders had been ported out, and couldnt get back in.

Clan used an EXTREEEEM amount of numbers to push us out.

Beyond that i got reports form a few people of very low level omni (Level 2) being parked just inside the crowd zone.

And I should add that at least 5 times durring the attack i couldnt attack somone who was same color as me.... "To low/high player prevents your from attacking....blah blah blah" Im level 198, atacking a level 200 should be no matter what....

Regardless

CROWD CONTROL DOESNT WORK

Omni must be considerd defenders if they are being attacked by clans.... It wont work in its current sate At all.......

At this point im so mad i could almsot cancel... we lost our base because crowd control is broken.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Angry

Gotta bump this.

The level limit brackets and the crowd control system should always, always, ALWAYS! favor the defending force. Defending already stinks because of the way your towers are too weak, vulnerable for too long, and too easily dispatched one at a time.

Now systems are going in where defenders can't kill the people attacking their own towers if those people are gray (nevermind that a gray to a level 200, could kill a level 200 tower in a team), and where people helping the defenders out get warped away from the battle for not being in the same guild. Grr!
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

gg funcom
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Agree 100%

The CC system is 100% (now listen to me - not 10, not 20, not 50, not even 75 but) 100% non-workable. It simply does not work in any amount of fashion. I was at the Rena base in EFP and was one of the omni that got to be in the middle of the battle. Clans attacked from north, south and east - pushing in. They had numbers that ranged in 3 to 1 advantage and everytime they pushed in, defenders got pushed out. What was even more fubar was the fact that when the defenders got teleported out they were teleported right in the middle of the clan groups and got killed.

1) - the lag does not get better.
    2) - teleporting is random and when it does work - it never puts you in a safe location.
    3) - side balancing does not work.
    4) - CC is being exploited by Storm and other clans, but mostly by Storm.
    5) - level brackets do not work properly.

IMHO, I believe that since none of NW works the way it should and heavily favors those with large numbers in their guilds who constantly and consistently exploit systems that you recognize that this first system is simply put - a beta test.

I think that after the system finally has a workable atmosphere and NW has been released to everyone that you completely and utterly wipe out all bases in Rubi-ka and then re-enable all lands. To make the initial land sequencing fair to all you should also place a lottery in effect for guilds who want to have a choice pick in which land area they place their controller.

Example - 200 - 300 areas (list all the areas and levels of these bases). If there are 10 areas with a 200 - 300 level limit then one guild is allowed to place their name in the hat for all 10 areas. Once a guild is chosen in each area via a random lottery roll, their names are removed from all other site lotteries. Then the next site is rolled on for which guild places their and so on.

Why should it be this way you ask? Because it took some guilds absolutely no time at all to build a 250 base with over 50 towers in some areas and right now the system is flawed and inconsistent. Until things work out, and once those things work out, guilds that have giant bases in huge areas will keep them forever. With the new CC how is any 10 guilds going to take over a 100 tower - 250 QL area with 40 people? That type of battle would take 3 days.

Right now NW is messed up, the suppression fields are messed up, and CC is HORRIBLY messed up.

Bumping this For Sky

as for the number of clanners there .. well geez , we have nothing else to do so what did u expect :P

crowd control isnt working at all . What will be done to fix it ? And what happened to the "supposed" test in mort/ Perpetual wastes ? didnt they test this out ? or are we beta testing ideas again for them ?

Re: Agree 100%

Originally posted by Drabin

come on now , this isnt about calling guilds exploiting and such , this thread is a serious concern for alot of us . Pls keep the name calling to a minimum ! and also the flames . How can omni win or keep hold of their bases ( and clan also) if defenders keep getting warped out.

BtW , i notice BoB slapped up a base there in replacement of yours , intended or they trying to screw u in land control ?

That is totally jacked up....middle of a LAKE?!?!
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

I totally agree, it is 100% broken.

It would work MUCH better if there was some kind of formal alliance system that would always flag people you are allied with as deffenders. And deffenders should be alot more people than attackers. For example, in a zone that can hold say, 100 people

only 40 of those people should be allowed to be "attackers" and the 60 should be "deffenders" If the lvl of deffenders arent enough, and say, there are 50 deffenders and 50 attackers, as more deffenders show up, attackers should be warped out in favor of the deffenders. Either way, its still bjorked.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

1) - the lag does not get better.
    2) - teleporting is random and when it does work - it never puts you in a safe location.
    3) - side balancing does not work.
    5) - level brackets do not work properly.
    Big bump! it is definitly not working. It's even more frustrating - now we have the lag AND get warped to random locations like SFH & Omni-Screening Area etc. - this system is a big mess.

This is just a big whiner point. I WISH it would be just exploited by a guild and that that was the reason it failed - actually it's hitting everyone random. I don't get it how you foo can come to the point a single guild exploits it. 1st Omnis say "Storm exploits the lag", now you say "Storm exploits the CC". What's next ? "Storm exploits gaslvl by destroying controllers in 25% gas" ???

Really lame point, Drabin. I could say now "You guys used that exploit as well when attacking Storms EFP base. We couldnt zone in and crashed. You gathered so many people just to use the exploit" - Really lame thinking that the failed CC is exploited by a single guild.

We have the same problems on clanside as well.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Update

2ho fight at Clan Anarchist Base - same problem ... 90 Omnis and it just crashs, warps, lags you.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Special Note for Drabin : ExploiterS! Others please ignore this note.

I was in the same battle (I'm not Strom and I'm clan)

If you omnis would use your brains you would realize that all the clan were stoped from geting close to your controll tower. When I was finally able to move in was the only one and I was warped right in the center of blood hungry omnis (you might recall black manta)

4) - CC is being exploited by Storm and other clans, but mostly by
    Darn... so clan exploit CC by showing up at a fight?
    Not much going around at lvl 200 then trying to find a battle

Lmao... yea i think lots of clan exploited it... by getting warped back into figth when they was running away to be killed... just as Omnis prolly got warped back into a fight...

It a flaw in the system, it's not a god damn exploit...

Personally i got like 200 "CC messages" and was warped away 3 times... yea lol, Clan exploits...

Face it, system is flawed and prolly need ro be reworked.

1) remove 5% suppresion
    2) clan side = 40 person max
    3) omni side = 40 person max
    4) neutral dont even have 40 peeps so no worries here
    5) guild members whose base is getting attacked never get warped.

It was a lot better then everyone getting disconnected or locked up for 15 minutes or the server crashing. With everyone calling their friend and their friends relatives there, that's exaclty what would have happened.

I did seem that getting warped out and far was really bad for people running around and chasing people. I was in a group moving slowly and attacking towers and I never got moved untill we reached the controller and met up with the other group at which point I was always warped back just a few feet.

When it was done there were only a few OT around. Warped out or killed? ... from what I saw, I'm going with killed.

Sorry that some of you feel you lost your base because of CC, but you didn't. Without CC you just would have lost it sooner. Oh and I didn't see CC allowing us to "exploit" the second base. OT was much more organized and stopped on that one.

Give it time .. and remember it's a game. Nice fight all.
    Last edited by Sent; Dec 7th, 2002 at 01:26:46.

There is no reason for omnis to have 5% suppression according to the story. We all work for the same company and one department should NEVER be ordered to attack another. 5% supression for clans on the other hand makes sense because of the infighting.

CC does NOT work. GET IT OFF LIVE.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

What they need to do is un-fook the PVP rules. There are way too many of them, and they make the game insanely hard to figure out at times. I'm sure, sky you couldn't attack that 200 because he was teamed with a 150- or something and since he didn't initiate combat on you, you couldn't on him, no clue really, just a guess. Planes need to de-equip in land control areas.

Anyone who is teamed with someone attacking your towers, or anyone who is attacking your towers should be attackable regardless of level. This will totally fix the TWINK problem, of these little level 80 gnats cluttering up everyone's tab. If they are in the zone when it's 25% towers should attack them, and if they attack towers back or attack a player in the zone of the same faction of the towers, the tower should attack them and all players in the area should be able to as well.

All this makes sense.

Now remove CC till you can fix it and think about the PVP rules some. Think about how every time you add a new exception to a situation you create another opportunity for LAME TACTICS, and exploits.

Originally posted by Sent
    It was a lot better then everyone getting disconnected or locked up for 15 minutes or the server crashing. With everyone calling their friend and their friends relatives there, that's exaclty what would have happened.

I did seem that getting warped out and far was really bad for people running around and chasing people. I was in a group moving slowly and attacking towers and I never got moved untill we reached the controller and met up with the other group at which point I was always warped back just a few feet.

When it was done there were only a few OT around. Warped out or killed? ... from what I saw, I'm going with killed.

Sorry that some of you feel you lost your base because of CC, but you didn't. Without CC you just would have lost it sooner. Oh and I didn't see CC allowing us to "exploit" the second base. OT was much more organized and stopped on that one.

Give it time .. and remember it's a game. Nice fight all.

No we lost because almost ALL of the omni was ported out, I was there down to the last few minuites, and there was more omni saying in chat that they were ported, and couldnt come back than was saying "***** im dead"...

We lost because defenders COULDNT come back, and were being ported out before clan.... So the only people left to defend against 100 clan was the clan....

Oh, and find it convineinet that just tonight A ZONE CRASHED FOR THE 3rd TIME DURRING AN OMNI OFFENSIVE

It has NEVER happend durring a clan offensive...
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Skymarshal: The thing that bugs me the most is that when PW crashed the zone usage was BELOW 1% and it is at 2.6% and doing FINE right now. Omni-Entertainment is at 7.6% right now, and NOT having trouble. THIS WAS NOT A NATURAL ZONE CRASH.

2ndly: We were attacking Storm base in DAV earlier with 2 hours to go until 5% supression...then magically....it goes back to 100%! THE SAME happened when we tried to attack Apocalypse.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Well, it seems that its intenionally that this game shall not be playable.
    After the scandal in EFP we went up to attack a base in PW, it suddenly went 100% even tho it was hrs til it was supp to do so, this happedn twice, and when we took a 3rd base, belonging to some random clan org, dont you think the whole bloody zone crashed upon us? Either that or all the omni just got kicked off the server..

I am not gonna say what I really think about this, cause then someone will just have a good excuse to ban another omni outa this game, but this is just not tolerable......*angry & feed up*
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast