Thread: Targeting in PVP

Targeting in PVP

A friend of mine was defending a tower yesterday and he almost killed two neutrals who came to help. Why? Because he targeted them, and he was a enabled to attack (IE they were in his lvl range) it wasn't until he almost killed them that he was informed they were neutral.

The day before the above incident I was trying to protect one of my guilds towers and was trying to see if I was within level range of any of the attackers, I had to sit, tab, inspect, tab inspect..which during a lag filled mass PvP scenario meant I did nothing.

Would it be possible to alter the target bar to not only indicate "In range" distance wise, but also "In range" as far as PvP lvl. Additionally, would it be possible to use a different color (Green Perhaps) to indicate a Neutrally alligned character? This could just be done by changing the colored end peices on the target bar. If the target is within PvP range, keep it as is (Red)...if they are Neutral, it goes green, if they are outside of PvP range, have it go black or something of that nature. This would be of great help when defending towers so that you'd know who you are able to attack, and who the higher level support healers for the attackers are. Otherwise you have to tab, Q, tab, Q and by the time you find somebody you can engage, you're more than likely already dead.
    Last edited by Atreyu; Dec 6th, 2002 at 22:34:29.

I would like there to be an option to not tab to targets outside of my pvp range. It is really annoying tabbing to Level 10 and level 200 omnis when I'm trying to kill the 100 - 149s that I can actually attack.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Serial tabbing to find targets is prehistoric

Damn! Do away with tabbing. Its a serial, linear approach to target finding and identification that is simply prehistoric.

What we need is a radar like system that displays all Mob and Char information in an a local scale map that is continually updated. Non-grey mobs have a certain color; attackable char have another color; your allies are shown in another color; your guild and team are shown in yet another color; lastly, any mob or person attacking you is specially identified as well.

The map is clickable so you can get information on the target object displayed. And clicking a mob/persion makes that object your target.

Finally, all information on the map can be turned off, and you can set colors for your prefs.

Don't fix tabbing. Throw it out.