Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Things AO Needs to Rethink (Or "PC in a PC Game")

Interesting topic!!!

i gonna bump this

I think people must realize THIS IS JUST A GAME!

So, I'm sitting around, minding my own business, when all of the sudden my inbox gets a message from Funcom. The first one in months. I had nearly forgotten that Anarchy Online existed. "Ho! Look, yonder thread has been replied to!" Mildly piqued with curiousity, I venture forth to see what is to be seen.

Low and behold, people are still having problems realizing that this is a game....
    Heh.

And its not even a very good one.

Now I've got to start forgetting all over again.

Oh well, at least they might notice and disable my account finally.

I seriously hope everyone in this thread is being sarcastic
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by MissMaul
    I seriously hope everyone in this thread is being sarcastic
    Nonono we are a VERY serious mob! We really do demand a game with:

- No violence
    - No booze
    - No drugs
    - No sexy clothes
    - No foul language
    - No exitement!

/me goes back to playing solitaire - the worlds most politicaly correct game!

- Actually we don't want politics either!

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ghump

We really do demand a game with:

- No sexy clothes
    - No exitement!

/me goes back to playing solitaire

/Ghump

hmmm... maybe it's just me... but .. .. ..

Originally posted by Ghump

Nonono we are a VERY serious mob! We really do demand a game with:

- No violence
    - No booze
    - No drugs
    - No sexy clothes
    - No foul language
    - No exitement!

- Actually we don't want politics either!

/Ghump
    If forced to play the above said game, Throw my PC away and start playing sicsser paper stone <------ no thinking too
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

Well Gump, you know solitaiere might not be as correct as you seem. That Queen of Diamonds is rather Slealzy looking....

What I want to knwo is, why hasnt anyone crusaded for the rights of Rollerats?? Everyone kills them with a moments notice, and Many are Trapped inside of chests yearning to be freed!!

Rollerrats?

Oh my gosh!

This is terrible! This is truly shocking!

Animal cruelty! Poor, defenceless animals locked in a dark box, and then killed because they are frightened and on the defensive when the box suddenly opens with a loud firework-like explosion!

What kind of sick message is this sending to the children of today?

Not only that, but the game features GENETICALLY MODIFIED mutants whose sole purpose seems to be to be the victims of sport hunting! This is sick and wrong.

Say NO to hunting!
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Originally Posted by:Cloudeh WTF ITS A GAME **** THE SHUT UP.
    Cloudeh, You need to think when you write your rants =|:-)

Hey **** the shut up sounds better then shut the **** up

So ftsu!

Hey **** the shut up sounds better then shut the **** up

So ftsu!

what i think is funny is this is the topic that my search for the word "Linux" came up with im migrating to that OS and i was hoping to still play AO.

Think all I can say is if you don't like it, you know where the door is and I don't think anyones stopping you
    Many games have alcohol, atleast here it has no effect. Many games have shooting, why not go have a go at Epic or ID? This is a game, its animated violence. If you can't tell the differance from the screen to the outside world sign up with a shrink!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Ooo!

Got one there.

Yes, people, in case you hadn't realised this entire post is satirical. It's troll-bait to the highest order.

But it does make a point. Thanks to Nyadach for spelling it out.

Actually, as a point of vague historical interest, did anyone know that pen-and-paper RPGs have been plagued by this kind of nonsense for years?

Dungeons & Dragons made my son commit suicide!
    Role-Playing is just devil-worship in disguise!

And so on.

Of course, it is one of the wonders of this licentious age that people will finger-point at anything that shifts blame away from themselves or their loved ones. The game made me do it!

And yes, this is much the same as saying 'McDonalds made me obese!'

I wonder if anyone has tried to sue AO or EQ over the fact that the game is addictive and they lost their job as a result?

Well, as the Buddha once said:

Be kind to the old, the naive and the stupid, for you will be all three in your lifetime

Re: Ooo!

Originally posted by Mechanita
    I wonder if anyone has tried to sue AO or EQ over the fact that the game is addictive and they lost their job as a result?
    I remember reading a case where some nut got so into EQ he didn't show up for work for like over 2 months, got fired, evicted and in the end when they came to take his PC away and stoped him played him topped himself.

Not sure how true it was but well, their are ain't half some nuts out there so who knows.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I'm not buddhist

See, while I think the buddha had some good points...

remember reading a case where some nut got so into EQ he didn't show up for work for like over 2 months, got fired, evicted and in the end when they came to take his PC away and stoped him played him topped himself.
    Some people need serious psychiatric help. Serious.

If you find yourself having trouble distinguishing between AO and real life, stop playing. Now. Please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12