Thread: Couple cases of 'secret' nerfs I guess

Couple cases of 'secret' nerfs I guess

Well I guess these could be considered "we'll just find something to nerf because we work harder @ finding things to nerf then finding bugs to fix". First of all why was the X that marks your mission entrance nerfed. No biggie but none the less nerfed as you don't see a nice big X there anymore. Secondly also no biggie but why was it so important to nerf the mini map inside the grid instead of use that time to fix a bug or two? Just goes to show the mentality of FC. "We'll find something to nerf no matter the cost because nerfing stuff regardless of how small is much more fun to us illerate coders then fixing bugs" Ah another nerf I just remembered. Now when dragging an item over a hotbar spot it doesnt highlight that spot. Once again a fine example of how bent FC is on making everything in their game a little less effective.

Hey why don't ya'll get your billing department on your nerf roll and nerf the cost of the game. Come on that's a hell of an idea and you know it would just make you all kinds of warm and fuzzy to have something else to nerf.

you call THAT a nerf?!

get real please
    Who cares, if we have to actually LOOK abit for the mission entrance. And map inside grid? - wow never noticed that, and the highlight seems VERY useless indeed. Looks like FC is removing some of the more useless stuff in the game. Hardly nerfing

No fanboi I'm simply pointing out that they are more content on nerfing then fixing. Yes those are minor which just proves my point that they must work rather hard to discover things to nerf while long standing bugs and boredom factors of the game stay.

- So they changed the map. They added some things and in the process, the mission marker became less distinctive. Hardly what anyone could consider a 'nerf'. The marker is still there and they probably have it on their list of things to fix... hopefully very low priority.

why was it so important to nerf the mini map inside the grid

- Wow, I haven't even noticed the minimap in the grid being changed. I can't even think of how it could have been nerfed.
    I suppose it's because I never use it, and it's mostly superflous.
    Sort of like the minimap in stores.

Now when dragging an item over a hotbar spot it doesnt highlight that spot.

- that one came in a few patches ago (almost 2 months). Like the mission indicator, I think we could assume that it's very low priority and they'll change it back eventually.

This is like that thread about 'QL40 Yalmaha' being listed as an example for item reimbursement.

Some people will nit-pick about anything.

I'm simply pointing out that they are more content on nerfing then fixing

That's one of the most idiotic comments I have ever seen on these forums (and there's been a LOT of idiotic posts)

It is surprising how little things always seem to get broken in the patches.

I think the mission marker is a problem mostly at lower levels, when you're trying to figure out which of the various tightly clustered shacks your mission is in.

Personally, I'm still annoyed at the broken stims. I used to use the run speed stim for blitzing, but it was broken about 4 patches ago.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

What I think is funny is how little fanbois expect for the money they pay. I would much rather they fix old and new bugs instead of searching high and low for things to nerf! I would also much prefer that instead of adding things noone asks for they add content people ARE asking for. Hey that's just me though I guess I'm an odd ball wanting quality for my buck.

Oh no, Unit99 is hurting my feeling calling me a fanbois.

pay. I would much rather they fix old and new bugs

I still have yet to fathom how the 3 things you listed could be considered nerfs or bugs.
    They made some changes.
    If you don't like it, tough luck.
    It's not your place to tell Funcom what changes they should or shouldn't make.

I've developed a certain tolerance to minor changes in MMOGs.
    What's the point in getting steamed up about microscopic changes in these types on games?
    There's bound to be changes you dislike in every patch.

instead of searching high and low for things to nerf!

I can see it now....
    All the developers pouring through thousands of lines of code and databases looking for the one thing they can change that will push Unit99 over the edge... and you know thier intent is malicious.
    Funcom doesn't like you, specifically.
    They will keep making changes, nerfs and bugs that specifically irritate you because they don't want your money.... they want you to cancel your account.
    Every nerf, change or bug that is introduced intpo the game was put in there intentionally for the sole purpose of upsetting YOU and only you.

! I would also much prefer that instead of adding things noone asks for they add content people ARE asking for

Translation: They are not catering exclusively to me, and I represent the entire AO playerbase. Therefore they are catering to nobody. HOW DARE they change something that I didn't specifically ask for. My $13/month gives me the right to dictate how the dev team should prioritize.

I guess I'm an odd ball wanting quality for my buck.

I might understand your nitpicking if you were paying $100/month, but $13 doesn't get you much more than access to the servers and one voice on these forums.

Originally posted by Unit99
    What I think is funny is how little fanbois expect for the money they pay. I would much rather they fix old and new bugs instead of searching high and low for things to nerf! I would also much prefer that instead of adding things noone asks for they add content people ARE asking for. Hey that's just me though I guess I'm an odd ball wanting quality for my buck.
    well if you look at my posts around the boards you will find I am not really much of a fanboi at all, and these are not nerfs.

you are just LOOKING for something, and will find whatever you can to call a nerf lol.

oh, and calling someone a fanboi in the firstplace is kinda dumb.

if you hate the game there IS a cancel button. But then again some people LOVE to feel like they have been stepped on and plotted against. hehehehhe

I left for 4 months because I felt that way, now I am back and my attitude is a little different.

You dont have any reasonable argument so you start "name calling" (presonally I think being a fanboi is a GOOD thing).

And calling Miir a fainboi is like calling a trout a bird

roflol
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

posted by Miir

I still have yet to fathom how the 3 things you listed could be considered nerfs or bugs.
    This is one of the problems with how FunCom runs the game. Since they never tell exactly how things are supposed to work, or even give us a full list of changes they intended to make; we have no way of knowing for sure if these are bugs or not.

Personally, I suspect they're bugs. I have yet to talk to someone that prefers the new mini-map to the old. We now know that seeing the grid was a bug (if you don't have NW), because FunCom has now fixed it. The only reason I can think the exclusion of other information might not be a bug is if it was removed to use up less bandwidth. But that seems like a stretch. I think it's a bug.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

This one really isnt worth complaining about...
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Unit99
    Well I guess these could be considered "we'll just find something to nerf because we work harder @ finding things to nerf then finding bugs to fix". First of all why was the X that marks your mission entrance nerfed. No biggie but none the less nerfed as you don't see a nice big X there anymore. Secondly also no biggie but why was it so important to nerf the mini map inside the grid instead of use that time to fix a bug or two? Just goes to show the mentality of FC. "We'll find something to nerf no matter the cost because nerfing stuff regardless of how small is much more fun to us illerate coders then fixing bugs" Ah another nerf I just remembered. Now when dragging an item over a hotbar spot it doesnt highlight that spot. Once again a fine example of how bent FC is on making everything in their game a little less effective.

Hey why don't ya'll get your billing department on your nerf roll and nerf the cost of the game. Come on that's a hell of an idea and you know it would just make you all kinds of warm and fuzzy to have something else to nerf.

You are a tard. It's as simple is that.

And just so that this isn't an accusation, i'll actually prove you are a tard.

You are saying the following was nerfed:
    - The size of the X on the minimap.
    - Minimap inside the grid.
    - Item highlight over the hotbar.

I find it funny you would waste your precious life here complaining about 3 of the most MINISCULE of issues in the game. What's even more funny, is the reasons for the changes.

1) The X on the minimap is in fact there. The reason it's harder to see is because the minimap was changed and made slightly smaller to make room for the build and remove buttons for Notum Wars.

2) The minimap inside the grid was NEVER used. Nobody needed it. The grid is a small enough environment where you can pretty much see every corner of it from any given point in the grid. And since the grid has more then 1 level, the Map it displayed was pretty much irrelevant. It gave NO important information. So, in order to make loading time into the grid a little faster, they removed a useless item that needed to be loaded.

Funny you complain when they make the game faster by removing vestigal parts of the game.

3) Item highlight. I can't believe you would actually bring it up. The change effects the game play in no way shape or form. All it essentially does is give the client one less thing to do essentially streamlining the game to run a little better.

The ironic part is that in all 3 complaints you had, Funcom is actually IMPROVING the game.

You are just too much of a tard to see it.

There is still a marker on the map for the mission location, its just not as plain as the previous X. Its like a smudge or maybe its obscured by a new map layer a bit (maybe the presence of the Towers layer fuzzes it or obscures it a bit), but there is definately still a marker. Sometimes is a bit difficult to differentiate from the "machines" markers (ie Doors), but it is different and still there.

Well... The X is a valid point. Its become very hard to tell apart from the map now. Its not much of a problem, but its a small and irritating one. Well...I've got my WW map now, so I'll just shut up about maps for a while

And its funny to see how bad Miir took the *fanboi* call Would have expected something better from her

And its funny to see how bad Miir took the *fanboi* call Would have expected something better from her

You missed the subtlety in the 'fanbois' comment.

How would you rate the rest of the flame, on a scale of 1-10?
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Actually, the mission marker is better than the original version on test... was *really* hard to see that one... But there are some more pressing issues... if they can fix it in 2 minutes, fine, if not...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

It'd be nice to see the X come back.

But I don't really much care, either. There are more important things, like Darkbane said.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

8 Miir. We only expect 10 from you

I started an alt yesterday and when I uploaded a low lvl mission in Rome, it had the old X marker, not the newer one. Outside of the city the X was the newer hard to see one, but inside the city it was the nice old one. Whats up with that?