Thread: Pet Pathing - PLS Read this Cz or Dev

Pet Pathing - PLS Read this Cz or Dev

Ok where do i start....

At the beginning i think...

Most ppl that play this game will at some point want to see what all the fuss is with pet pathing & try to make a pet class to play.

After a while you will notice that pets have problems with a few things.
    • In missions : They get stuck on door frames, Tables & chairs, and have problems navigating in small rooms (Slayers, gladiator bots and warmachie type bots, get stuck in rooms that have partitions in them), all bots have massive problems with the square rooms that have a round spinny mixing machine in them.
    • Hunting out doors: They get stuck on un-even terrain objects (if the ground isnt flat or very close to flat), trees, bushes, and buildings.

I know there have been many, many threads posted about this & how to fix the problem... and so far nothing has been done.

I understand that the dev team has been busy with other things, like the booster pack etc.. and i dont want to interupt their creative flare in any way.

And i also understand that something will be done in a patch coming soon, to improve pet pathing in missions.

However, with so many talented ppl at FC... an hour long brain storming session should be implemented to find a way to solve this issue, which i'm pretty sure the current state of play is not intended, and could be fixed with a bit of 'creative thinking'.

Ideas that would help for now.
    • Pet warping is a viable idea in PVM an example of this is: pet is not in fight, stuck in one of the ways above add a "/pet unstuck" command that returns the pet to you (/pet follow is meant to do this but 9/10 times it does not work, due to the range related to the command).
    • Another idea would be to create another command "/pet charpath" this command would effectivly tell the pet to stand ontop of you all the time and follow you exactly, following your charactor path.**

**This idea came to me whilest in a mission, after using a shrine & see'ing the annoying little glowing blob hovering over my head i thought to myself "wouldnt it be nice if that annoying blob hovering over my head was my bot - shrunk down to the same size" as it follows me all the time & doesnt get stuck on things.

Well... thats all i wanted to say, pls give me some feedback on this topic.

Re: Pet Pathing - PLS Read this Cz or Dev

Originally posted by Talsim
    <stuff people have already said 10000 times before, but condensed into one post>
    yup.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

I have no problems with pet pathing using my crat. I just leave it behind after it gets stuck in the 4th or 5th room. I do make a new one just before the boss.

When teaming out of the 3 pet classes:

-Crats have good DD nanos, calms and xp buffs. No prob getting in a team.
    -MP have good DD damge, very good nano skill buffs. No prob getting in a team.
    -Engis really only have their pets. Will have a hard time getting in a team but are the best in solo missions.

Angry engi

i've "kinda" quit my engi for the time being due to pet pathing as i cant do anything with out it . All pet pathing needs to be fixed but i think its gonna take a while before FC decides to even try and fix it.