Thread: Mob Pets: No xp or creds???

Mob Pets: No xp or creds???

Ok, Im fed up with mob pets not giving anything back for the trouble of taking them out....

I and my friend often go on team missions (2 eng). Since there are only two of us, we activate Alpha on the team loot to be sure we each get a fair cut of the loot/creds for kills. Add a pet for every other mob and the alpha skeem becomes totaly useless.

So inorder to avoid this, we have to take into acount what kind of mob were attacking, if we do get a pet, then we have to monitor OUR pets, to make sure they dont go agro on the other mobs pets (in other words leaving them just hanging out.) most of the time the pets will stop any attack when the Mob dies... Unless Your pets being hit, in wich case when the mob dies the pet retargets and starts mauling the pet, or its attacking you at the EXACT moment the mob dies.. in wich case if you have auto attack on the fight starts anew..

Ok Im venting, But you get the point, (I know the subject has be broached before, but I havent seen it to add to it)

My Suggestion to fix this

1. Make pets at least give credits for the trouble, then the alpha loot on team missions will flow better.
    2. Have the pets give at least XP ( know this may effect mission token percentages and such , mayby you can work around that so that pet mobs simply give xp but do not add to the token acounts)
    3. Have mobs either Disapear after there master dies, or become catatonic (no agro) so that atttacks can be withdrawn and we can stop wasting health/resources/time etc killing them..

I apreciate the challeng of fighting them, I do not however think that it should amount to a waste of time.

I agree totally.

At least let them drop a pet shell every time so i can feel its worth it somehow because quite frankly this sucks.

if i am killing something then i should get the creds for it at least.

The pets should just go *poof* when their master dies, then there's no worrying about looting rights being FUBAR'd
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Or remove the pets from alpha-loot type rotations. If they don't drop loot, then don't put them into a loot rotation.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

My Suggestion to fix this

1. Make pets at least give credits for the trouble, then the alpha loot on team missions will flow better.
    2. Have the pets give at least XP ( know this may effect mission token percentages and such , mayby you can work around that so that pet mobs simply give xp but do not add to the token acounts)
    3. Have mobs either Disapear after there master dies, or become catatonic (no agro) so that atttacks can be withdrawn and we can stop wasting health/resources/time etc killing them..
    Good Idea... But
    Since most pets are just figments of the User they can
    not have Loot or cred. They are however a Aggo and
    a separate (albeit linked ) entity and there for act like
    a Null Mob ( a space if you will ) for this to happen all
    MP and ENG should have to pay a Credit amount to
    bring the pet into being, or risk an Exploit of friends
    sending their pet to battle and and reaping the
    rewards. and We all know Funcom Gives no Free rides
    save the 7 day trial.

Obviously you have never even heard of the engineer profession except for maybe getting a glimpse of one from across some shady alley while drunk of your own rediculousness.

how so? what have I said in my post that was incorrect.

The Why

The reason pets don't give XP and creds is because it would be totally exploitable. It would be like coming across a totally predictable and safe spawn where you could just put yourself on auto-attack and go to sleep while you racked up mass XP.

after a pet is finished attacking the pet, it autoattacks the pet's master.

there is no exploitation involved.

.....for this to happen all
    bring the pet into being.....

.....how so? what have I said in my post that was incorrect.
    because if you had even the smallest of experiance with engineers you would know that everytime you cast a pet chell it deducts money from your account.

It even lists the credit cost of using the pet nano ON THE NANO...

also at one point or another you would have come across the "you dont have enough credits to cast this nano" message.
    Last edited by Juggy; Dec 7th, 2002 at 04:58:35.

Wink I don't know

Originally posted by OutLanderEx

Good Idea... But
    Since most pets are just figments of the User they can
    not have Loot or cred. They are however a Aggo and
    a separate (albeit linked ) entity and there for act like
    a Null Mob ( a space if you will ) for this to happen all
    bring the pet into being, or risk an Exploit of friends
    sending their pet to battle and and reaping the
    rewards. and We all know Funcom Gives no Free rides
    save the 7 day trial.
    Hmm... I don't know.

You say the pets are just figment of user. Well why can't User imagine that their pets have money and credits? I mean if their imagination can hurt me and that damage last after they are dead and their pet is dead, then they can bloody well imagine that their pet have zillion dollars each and give super experience which last even after they be dead.

And why can't they make it so that only MOB's pet drop loot, credit and exp? that way the exploit is minimal?

I know that somebody can just sit in one room and just keep killing the pet to get exp and loot. Well they can certainly limit the number of times the the pet will be summoned, or just have summoner slap the player who do that for being a jerk.

What really annoy me is that when the stupid pet are summoned, it ALWAYS go after the Doc.I mean it seems like the pet is summoned just to annoy the heck out of the group. And ofcourse doctor's always have their AGG turn way high to speed up the nano they always hit back automatically which sorta ruin any chance of it stopping once their master is dead. I mean it was stupid DOC! he couldn't have done more than 1 or 2 points of damage! couldn't they just let that slide? we had doctor remove all the weapon and it STILL attacked using MA.(actually did MORE damage than when he was using the shotgun, go figure)

In short, to sum it all up, and to make my point,

Mob Pets sucks.

If a crat charms a mob pet, the mob spawns another, and you can keep doing that to pull out as many mob pets as you wish.
    They probably felt there was an exploit in there somewhere, so better to just make them give no xp.
    Hey, the pets are so much lower level and if you can be careful not to agro them, they will just stop attacking when the master dies. They arent a problem anymore. When they were first introduced, they were a huge problem. Especially when a level 200 engineer boss spawns a level 240 pet.
    But its fine now IMO.

The only problem i see with mob pets currently is they screw up alpha loot order. Not everyone is 140+ and doesnt care about mob loot to sell for creds.

The very fact that the team is using alpha loot shows that at least some team members care about the loot. That means, as it stands now, people are likely to feel cheated if a pet is killed and its their turn to get loot.

Which means alpha loot is broken, and needs to be fixed.Its effect is no different than randomly dropping people from the alpha loot cycle.

Hmm i dont think alpha loot is broken. I think that mob pets counting in the loot order is broken.

pets shoudlnt give loot, credits or xp. THat would be stupid.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Re: I don't know

Originally posted by Cowe

What really annoy me is that when the stupid pet are summoned, it ALWAYS go after the Doc.I mean it seems like the pet is summoned just to annoy the heck out of the group. And ofcourse doctor's always have their AGG turn way high to speed up the nano they always hit back automatically which sorta ruin any chance of it stopping once their master is dead. I mean it was stupid DOC! he couldn't have done more than 1 or 2 points of damage! couldn't they just let that slide? we had doctor remove all the weapon and it STILL attacked using MA.(actually did MORE damage than when he was using the shotgun, go figure)

Sounds to me like your Doc needs to turn off auto attack. Trust me it makes life much easier as a doc.
    RK-1
    ------------------
    Nrse.

Originally posted by eaze
    pets shoudlnt give loot, credits or xp. THat would be stupid.
    While overwhelmingly articulate, it's clear that you're one of the masses of high level folks that's missing the base point:

Pets don't need to give exp or loot *IF* they're out of the alpha-loot rotation. Currently, they're part of said rotation, so should give some sort of compensation for such.

The easy fix (or so it would seem to me, thelayman), would be simply to have a way that pets are not part of alpha rotation, as stated by previous posters. This would prevent a number of obvious (and probably a few more obscure) exploits while still not taking away from anyone's fair chance at loot and credits. I for one like the implants that humanoid mobs commonly drop since they can be stripped and used; even at the level I'm fighting they are commonly higher QL than what would be available from a Kiosk.

Anyway, I agree something needs to be done. Once again, there was not enough forthought before implementation so folks complain. The current system, while not completely "broken" certainly has much much room for improvement.
    Ghir - Atlantean Fixer