Thread: Cz, You guys keep saying you will fix pet pathing?

Cz, You guys keep saying you will fix pet pathing?

I have heard multiple times, this is a priority. I have heard it for the last year that you were going to fix pet pathing.

Why has there not been a single patch for it then? It hasnt been mentioned in any patch notes since... I cant tell when... ever?

Im just wondering how much longer your going to make these poor people wait on a "priority" that was given the furthest most back burner. I wish I was able to handle priorities at work like you guys were. I might actually get to take a vacation once in a while.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Pet Pathing is a nightmare... Sometimes I'll re-roll a mission if it an environment that is horrible for my pet... cause if I don't have him with me I am a dead man...

I usually hate those Omni-Tek office type complexs... the ones with those L-Shaped desks that take up almost the whole room... or the caves that have multiple inter-connected chambers so that when you give a attack command the pet goes all the way around the dungeon to a different door before attacking...

Some things I found you can do to "help" your pet along is when going through a door strafe left or right this will make sure that the pet doesn't jam up up the door... also walking in straight lines with 90 degree turns as much as possible is helpful... but really this makes it a case of really who is the "master"?

The most horrible pathing probelm is when the pet just refuses to budge. He won't move at all just stands and buzzs to his impluse controller's delight.... so terminate and have to waste time building a new pet is the only solution I know of...

And don't even get me started on stairs!
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

pet pathing is fine. as long as the mission is composed of one huge, high ceiling'd room with absolutely nothing in it, i mean.
    Oryl - 143 Trox MA... Troxxoration(™) Get-up.

Every single MMORPG has pathing issues.
    And that is in games where they do not have missions that are dynamically assembled out of smaller bits.

Frankly, I'm suprised it works as well as it does.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Angry erk...

The Pet pathing is so broken I wount even start.....

ok...well....here goes

If I, in a mission writes 20 lines in chat....10 of them is questions if anyone have seen my pet. The other 10 is excuses for me waiting for it.

Even outdoors pathing is f.... up.
    Seems like the pet has the eyes in the feets, cause if the feets cant see the target and I tell it to attack it goes numb and stands still in attack mode.

Flame on:
    Edited....deleted some of the flame....
    no point FC wount fix it anyway.
    Seems like they want us to suffer and spend time waiting for pets..

If only the pet's would have the same "friendly agro" on the master as the mobs have "evile agro" the pathing would be solved.

To FC defence though...even if I relay dont want to give it.
    Pathing has become a small bit better after patch 14.x
    Now the pet warps to you.....sometimes....once or twice in a missions maybe. But lose it on one floor and go up a floor and you'r fu**ed. This pet behavior need to be looked at
    My mains.
    Patherson - Adv, lvl 207
    Anneli - Engy lvl 187
    and a few more.....

I must say that if you learn how the pathing works... like how the creatures move in response to yourself, you can compensate a lot for their bad behavior... however spamming the follow command gets annoying I am sure.

The most common probelms I have found is that the bot will jam on doorways, desks (that take up the whole room), couchs/booths, those long meeting tables, and odd objects in the middle of a room.

Now if you babysit the bot a little bit you can avoid about 95% of these issues. The other 5% the pet just won't co-operate so the only solution is to build/summon a new one.

I just don't think that our pets should need so much babysitting to make them work right.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

i dont want to step on anyones toes

but pet coaxing with behind and all is only feasible for bbs levels (before broken servers).

for relation:
    how long does it take you to open a chest?

say you approach it, click your lockpick in your inventory and click the chest then take 2 items out without sorting them to packs.

roughly this will take you 3-5 seconds at the very least.

in that time the team will have killed 2-3 mobs and will be 2 rooms ahead.

i am not joking.

once you reach these levels and exclusively rush missions so you ding once a week or so, you can say goodbye to your pet. it is of some value in the boss room as target dummy but thats it.

i understand that pathing is extremely tricky.

what i do not understand is why a pet warp was adamantly refused.

a pet should instantly be warped to what you tell it to attack or instantly be warped to your spot if you say guard or behind or follow. mocham knows that a pet is only a dot and not an alpha or a nuke or aimedshot he. so pretty please .....
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Well, Broken Shores missions are just that: broken.

They are a horrible deformation of the risk/reward curve.
    There's no risk. *shrug*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

This one can never be bumped enough...