Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales from the Test Side!

Post Well,

I'm all for giving the mobs our special attacks! I'm all for giving mobs EVERYTHING we have.

Oh, did I mention that this includes OUR HP and NP (well, maybe 25% more to compensate for AI, but not 500%!)

Make mobs REALISTIC!

Provisioner

Mobs could always do special attacks on Live..

i have been hit by Burst, and Fastattack etc from them before..
    "...for 20 pts of Fastattack damage"

it isn't new.

I think that perhaps CaptFallout's point is that instead of just giving us bags with slightly different names and/or icons so we could distinguish them, they went to the trouble of making them things that add to skills or attributes and have a minimum adventuring score.

More items to use to get that last few points of whatever to overequip something.

Scorus

There was an offhand remark by Cz in one of these threads that they have fixed (in the patch currently on test) the problem where additions other than IP to your Nano Pool skill (from Psychic or implants or whathaveya) were not actually adding points to your amount of pool. Have you noticed an increase in your nano pool?

Scorus

I just played some missions on Test, and noticed some interesting geometry changes. Many of the hard-to-navigate rooms in cave missions have been improved. A few I encountered:

1. The little 'T' intersection room that had broken catwalks in it has been cleared. There is now only a fragment of catwalk against one wall.

2. The small 'ice' looking room with stalactites(mites) has been cleared. It's just an 'L' shaped room now, still blue but no obstacles.

3. The long and narrow room with water in the middle and an incomplete catwalk bridge over it now has shallow water that you can just run across, no swimming required.

4. There were several variations on a long narrow room, 3 doors on one end and often a wooden divider in the center. A chest or two was often found at the far end, through shallow water or a fake wall. These have changed, and some now open up into a wider empty room at the end that was formerly narrow and curved.

5. The small, deep-water room where everyone was getting stuck at the water's edge has had the water depth reduced so no swimming is required.

6. The REALLY small litte room with a stack of iron rods in it has been expanded a bit and the rods are in a corner and not in the way.

7. The main room type with the fireplace has had the area behind the fireplace modified - new textures, twice the ceiling height, and wider passage.

8. Many rooms have had their ceiling raised, especially the large ones.

I have not yet encountered the cave mission with the catwalks over toxic goo, so I don't know if any attempt was made to fix it.

In the base / facility type missions, there are also a few minor changes to textures and some of the bad clipping bugs were corrected.

On the down-side, I saw several people on global chat talking about chests stuck halfway into walls and missing mission objectives.

Originally posted by Scrappy
    5. The small, deep-water room where everyone was getting stuck at the water's edge has had the water depth reduced so no swimming is required.

What am I going to do with my 600 swimming skill now? ARGH!

I've been nerfed!

THEY NERFED SWIMMING!!!!

Provisioner

Yes, as far as I could calculate and test, my test character now DOES get more maxnano from stat dependencies, so this 'affected every character since beta' bug seems to have finally been fixed.

you guys make it sound like they are doing soem good stuff over there at FC. please clear the matter up and tell us how these acts of good thinking are being counteracted by acts of poor thinking. if you can't do that, we'll have a bunch of fanboys running around like headless chikens shouting the greatness of FC.

And this could be contagious too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

8. Many rooms have had their ceiling raised, especially the large ones
    woot! you mean i can click my meatball when it's attacking without having to time when it's going to be below the ceiling again?

*dances in circles*

Originally posted by Tetra

woot! you mean i can click my meatball when it's attacking without having to time when it's going to be below the ceiling again?

*dances in circles*
    'click my meatball'? Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? :]

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus

'click my meatball'? Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? :]

Scorus
    hehe i thought about saying pet but figured i would get an engineer/crat pop out of the woodwork and tell me their pets never get lost in the ceiling and most everyone i've met has heard/called an MP pet called a floating meatball personally though mine's named fluffy

it's almost impossible to control tab to your pet to cast an anima on it though in a group with other pet classes, MP's especially.. usually by the time you find it the battle is over heh.

Originally posted by Scrappy
    1. The little 'T' intersection room that had broken catwalks in it has been cleared. There is now only a fragment of catwalk against one wall.

2. The small 'ice' looking room with stalactites(mites) has been cleared. It's just an 'L' shaped room now, still blue but no obstacles.

3. The long and narrow room with water in the middle and an incomplete catwalk bridge over it now has shallow water that you can just run across, no swimming required.

4. There were several variations on a long narrow room, 3 doors on one end and often a wooden divider in the center. A chest or two was often found at the far end, through shallow water or a fake wall. These have changed, and some now open up into a wider empty room at the end that was formerly narrow and curved.

6. The REALLY small litte room with a stack of iron rods in it has been expanded a bit and the rods are in a corner and not in the way.

7. The main room type with the fireplace has had the area behind the fireplace modified - new textures, twice the ceiling height, and wider passage.

8. Many rooms have had their ceiling raised, especially the large ones.

I have not yet encountered the cave mission with the catwalks over toxic goo, so I don't know if any attempt was made to fix it.

Okay i appreciate the attempt by funcom to make the rooms more manageable for engie bots but i have a question you probably won't be able to answer if your a low lvl character. Did they fix the guardbot and higher series of pets so they actually fit through doors now??? those changes looked like they were all made to accomadate larger pets as the lower lvl ones don't have many problems but if they didn't make it so the higher engie bots can fit through the doors really all these "fixed" are just like giving a person a heart transplant when they are brain dead. whats the point?
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Home & 75% = BAD!

Has anyone else noticed that about the only good hunting for a hi lvl omni char is Home. Of course we get the annoying messages and all - but we can still group and we can still scan and go on missions. I'm assuming that with the change to 75% zone cities that life will become a ROYAL pain in the rear for lvl'ing again.

I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME.

Give us a game we can play!!!!! Don't take this live - it's a move in the wrong direction!

<rant over> Nice patch otherwise
    Correction. This is Another step in the wrong direction. heh

But at least they fixed something as basic as not having your inventory shift all over the place. /pats FC on the head. Good job, only 6 months after release! At this rate we will have class balance before 2010. Or in 2009 class balance will be on the no longer envisioned part of the boards. I've got a dollar on the later.

People screaming for an IP reset are more then justified in wanting one. I would bet FC would agree. I just cant imagine the programers that are left on the project could handle making it happen. If it takes 6 freaking months to get it so that your inventory isnt randomly re arranged, what makes anyone want to trust their code to wiping all your skills and giving you the IP back.

Re: I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME.

Originally posted by Ginsberg
    [B]
    People screaming for an IP reset are more then justified in wanting one. I would bet FC would agree. I just cant imagine the programers that are left on the project could handle making it happen. If it takes 6 freaking months to get it so that your inventory isnt randomly re arranged, what makes anyone want to trust their code to wiping all your skills and giving you the IP back.
    Painful, but so damn true.
    Making RK2 less safe for everyone...

Ours go to eleven!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12