Thread: Twinking

Exclamation Twinking

Hello, i need some advices for twinking, i got a lvl 17 Agent i would like to twink, i think its funny to "own" arena for some time, but there are always other better professions than agent, agent ownz the most melee players. Someone said to me it was the Implants that made it twink, that i can get ql 90 imps on at lvl 17. i think this is bull****. Can someone give me some advices please?

Cool

Not that Im an expert in twinking, but the QL 90 on a lvl 17 player is probably possible. I tried some time ago to figure out what was possible to get into a lvl 5 and QL 39 implants was not impossible, and this was done only with buffs and implants, didnt look into rings, armor etc to improve my basic abiliies.

The basic idea of twinking is to have lots of implants, armor etc, you can use to raise your abilities.

Eg the most used twink is probably raise of treatment to get into high QL implants, lets say you can insert QL 150 implants (limiting factor is treatment, the numbers are not correct just to give an idea). You then build a QL 150 Head shinning treatment implant and insert it. Now you can insert QL 170 implants. Build a QL 170 Eye bright treatment implant and insert it. Build a QL 183 Right-hand faded treatment implant and insert it. So now you can insert QL 190 implants but the goal was 200. This is straight forward so far an now the twink starts. Remove the head (you can then do 170 implants) and replace it with a QL 170 head (20 more than before). Then do the same with Eye and Right-hand and after a few rotations you are able to insert QL 200 implants in most locations.

This is the basic idea of twinking a char. But to optimize it right, it requires LOTS of implants, rings, armor etc at right QL. It can be extremely expensive to do it right. We are talking millions even for very low lvl chars.

Good luck
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Erm actually it is possible, very time consuming and royally painfull. Think you can only do it on a trader tho as it requires massive ncus. You take one low level trader, plunders, ransacks, bulk trader, mochams gift, ess of the beh, feline grace, etc etc etc. Also puts alot of treatment stepping into play and implant swapping. You could probably get higher than 100 on
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Q:" I want to be 1337 and pwn, will you help me"

A: no, we got enough idiots with ego's runnin around (heck, I may just be one of them lol)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Well put yazule. Twinking is overall a very stupid idea. It's not an issue of skill or brains, it's just who can waste the most time building a char that won't even get respected because it's level 17.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Actually theres no such word as 'twink'. Twink sounds like a made up word that men of the 'funny' kind might describe something he might do to another man of the 'funny' kind when the lights are off. I think what this guy wants help with is to TWEAK a character. But I agree with the guy that posted above me

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    Well put yazule. Twinking is overall a very stupid idea. It's not an issue of skill or brains, it's just who can waste the most time building a char that won't even get respected because it's level 17.
    And are Broken Shores missions any better?
    ~Chris

Q

Originally posted by Unit99
    Actually theres no such word as 'twink'. Twink sounds like a made up word that men of the 'funny' kind might describe something he might do to another man of the 'funny' kind when the lights are off. I think what this guy wants help with is to TWEAK a character. But I agree with the guy that posted above me
    twink comes from the word twinkie... the delicious treat with no substance or food value, but you still spend money on it hehe.

it is an old EQ term
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL