Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA I disk on boss, looter takes all. What would you do?

Originally posted by Alastis
    I think you're confused about libertarians... frankly i don't think anyone, whether liberal, conservative or somewhere in-between would tolerate behavior like this.
    I hate it when people post dictionary definitions of words in defence of their arguments. But even so...

lib·er·tar·i·an
    1) One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.
    2) One who believes in free will.

Which is what I meant.

If you specifically meant the American Libertarian party or other country Libertarian party then we're not talking about the same thing. (I'm not an American BTW).

The dude was a scumbag. PLain and simple.

ITs very easy IMO.

Profession specific things go to any profession in team that needs them.

Anything else rare gets rolled.

person the refuse's roll or to give up said item is a scumbag.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

POST NAME...... If someone do that , just flame them on the boards, future problems ofthen solved. Ppl have even goten money back from it.
    Advisor of Arion

The guild for ppl who wants some Fun 150+

www.kelloran.com

all ninjalooting/theiving scum need to have there name broadcasted on every channel known to mankind.
    That way people know not to team with them and to not deal with them.
    Its a favor to others really, no sense in letting the poopheads do the same thing to others again and again.

/Brimstone

Originally posted by peekaboo
    My opinion has always been that when it's profession specific item it'll go to the on in the team who can use it, exception being GA, NS and other super rare expensive items when it should be raffled with all who might want it in the team.
    Speaking as an NT - I think that attitude sucks. If I was in a team and NS1 or 2 dropped, and another profession claimed a raffle on it (!) I would be pretty pissed.

Same goes for GA - I would never dream of raffeling for GA in a team with a non-GA fixer. Yes - if I won the raffle I could sell it to finance a NS, but imho that would be so lowlife behaviour and such a big F*** U to the fixer that it would never happen. Exception is if someone else claimed a raffle and I lost the argument - I would then join in on the raffle only to give the GA to the fixer if I won it.

Raffler would be set on /ignore for sure - I see no point in teaming with selfish, greedy bastards more than once.

Epoz

Originally posted by ThePartisan

w000t, respect goes out to you! Well, if you play him, that is.

I was once impressed, there was a non-GA fixer on the team. It turned out, however, that she had a GA nano, only needed a few levels to use it. What a let down...
    I'm a non-GA wearing Fixer and doing just fine
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

You should have fixed this during or just after the loot.

If nobody say nothing when the loot happen, well, honestly he can keep it and do whatever he want with it.

It just doesn't sound right to say nothing on the loot and cry a week later because the guy sold it.

Don't know if it happened like that.

If there was a fixer in the team he *definatly* should have got it, like with soldiers and div9's, ma's and Organic suits etc.

If there were no fixers I wouldve just raffled it and let the winner keep it and do what he liked.

Thats as fair as Mr T raffles and I don't see any people complaining about that.

Oh i'm a non GA wearing Fixer and doing great, I wouldnt use GA unless I got a 3 or 4 disk for 2 reasons.
    1: ga1 and ga2 lose effectiveness too quickly and I'd rather the cash and...

2: IP is tight enough as it is heh.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Another thing, I beleive if you find something like a SF, notum chip, rare disk etc on a corpse that you got alpha on OR a chest you picked then you should keep it.
    It's hard enough to be so lucky to find one anyway let alone then win a raffle out of 6 people on it.

I wouldn't raise B&E if I knew something that I found would have to be raffled between the team because I could just let someone else do it .

At the end of the day if someone finds something on an alpha mob (Not boss) or a chest they picked then be happy for them, they are lucky that day and you should let it stay that way. I've looted countless IQ rings and notum chips off corpses/chests and I've been lucky enough to be in teams that arent greedy and are just plain happy for me to find em.

I remeber some doctor posting something on these boards about how he'd kick and ignore anyone who didnt raffle anything he fancied that they looted, I wish I remebered his name so I'd remeber not to team with him heh :/. (I hate doc's with the "Obey me I heal you" attitude)
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

IMO

1) Boss loot belongs to the whole team; the looter's job is to loot and divvy. Rare loot should be sold and split unless other team members just don't care about the cash.

2) Fixers and NTs have no "higher ground" to stand on with respect to GA and NS dropping off a boss or chest or anywhere else unless it is agreed in advance. They chose that profession knowing full well that certain key items were worth 50-500 million credits. Why should Fixers and NTs be automatically entitled to a 50-500 million windfall because of their professions when their teammates can use the cash just as well as they can use the item? This really only applies to GA and NS; can't think of any other profession specific rares that drop randomly and are so high priced. If the team decides to give them the item, they should be eternally grateful, because it is not their automatic privilege to get it. If they sell the item and split the cash, the fixer or NT should be happy to add their cut to their NS or GA pool. Would I give GA or NS to a friend if found in a mission and teaming with the friend? Absolutely. But playing with people you don't know, fixers and NTs, doesn't give you the right to expect your team to sacrifice 10-100 million credits each so you can have your rare item.

3) That said, the team should always try to work towards a solution that puts the rare needed item in the hands of the profession that can use it. There is, however, no obligation to do so.

Just my $.02

Ok... As someone who has dished out over a billion credits worth of money and phat lewt for Grid Armor (personal or otherwise), it should be clear that I have a bad opinion of price-gouging asses.

The matter of rare loot is always a touchy one.

If a disc was found in a team, I would want the disc to go to any non-GA fixer. If there are none, I would want the disc to be raffled since the disc could be given to a guildie. But the main point is to be fair.

If a disc was found in a team while I was playing my lowbie alt who does not have Grid armor, I would want the disc to go to any other fixer in the team who did not have it already. If none, then raffle since it could be given to a guildie.

If Someone ninjaed the loot and sold it, I'd make life unbearable for the ass. I'd get me guildleader to point the incident out in Leader chat and I'd make a post just like your's... but I'd give a name.

Organisation image is largely reflected upon by the actions of it's members. When it's a leader who does this sort of thing, it speaks volumes for the type of organisation he or she runs.

So, you should tell us his name.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Hey Hoops - we se eye to eye on some matters at least

Epoz

Maybe the poster didnt post the name simply because they are talking about themselves, and want to see how people think on the issue whiule remaining anonymous?

Originally posted by Emiko_MoK
    Maybe the poster didnt post the name simply because they are talking about themselves, and want to see how people think on the issue whiule remaining anonymous?
    Original poster here and not very anonymous, see my signature

I am not totally pi****d off about this issue either, but credits disappear fast from my low level doc and a small share of the disk sale profit would make life a bit easier for her and the teams she is joining...
    Last edited by neida; Dec 6th, 2002 at 10:38:10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12